Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,906 members, 7,956,411 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries (33616 Views)

Don’t Mislead Nigerians’ – Dangote Denies Selling Fuel To NNPCL At N898/litre / Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries / Dr. Maduka Distributes Free Fuel To Keke Operators In Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by dalass(f): 11:54am On Sep 09, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It won’t be surprising if told Nigerians own some/many of the refineries in Egypt, Algeria and Niger .

The excuse now is waiting for the Dangote Refinery to commence operations, though it may likely solve the problem of importing the refined fuel, I don’t see it lowering the cost of buying these products cos of the monopoly involved.
To solve the problem, Dangote oil monopolizing the oil market, our 4 refineries must be privatized to viable individuals or corporates who are capable, not like the PHCN privatization.

It is so evident that we are not mentally and morally capable to as a nation run and maintain the operation of our refineries. We invest an elephant-size resources into our refineries, but they churn out sheep-size products. What sense is in that?

Now that the subsidy has been removed from the fuel being imported, let us see what they are going to invest it on

Privatization has never worked in this country. It won't work because of our chop and quench politicians klepto hands will still be part of the privatization.....
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 09, 2020
columbuspoll88:
Niger republic?? shocked
Yes, most northern oil marketters like A.A Rano import there oil from Niger Republic since around 2012. One funny thing is they sell their oil to Nigerian at cheaper rate than their citizens. Nigerien prefer to come and buy fuel in Nigerian boarder states than buy in their country.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Princedapace(m): 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
post=93730914:

@the bolded, you are not even ashamed of typing this, after your gods you wanted back in power ruled this same nation for 16 wasted years without building just one refinery, but they all came to loot blindly.
Not even one Refinery, Even when we made the highest revenue from oil exportation in the history of our nation.
You can still come out to type all these trash?
Some people no just get shame for body sha.
Shaking our heads!

After reading our post over and over for 45 mins,
And this is his reply to the prayer!
Number one Characteristic of a wailer : HYPOCRISY!
We will keep hitting y'all with the truth

But we have accepted that the past leadership failed. What is stopping Buhari from building another one since Niger could do it in three years?

Egypt also added 25000W of electricity to her grid under four years.

If una like chanage leaders, Nigeria will not work.

The civil war we fought need to be revisited and what led to it need be fixed from the grassroot.

Aside that, buhari is almost done with her term, next person wil come in and still make the country worse.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by favor914: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2020
Compliant:
A COUNTRY NOT EVEN BIGGER THAN LAGOS( ECONOMY & POPULATION), A COUNTRY THAT STARTED COMMERCIAL OIL SERVICE IN 2011

FIRST IT WAS NIGERIA BORROWING GRAIN O, NOW IT IS IMPORTING FUEL

BUHARI WAKE UP PLEASE

APC WAKE UP PLEASE

WE ARE REALLY ON AUTO PILOT

Hypocrite People like you, want to have your cake & eat it too? Government removed subsidy the way forward, & you people are complaining, you should have asked yourself one important question, does Niger’s government subsidize petroleum products? No, so now you understand why it is easy for them to build even a 100 refineries. Building of refineries is a business, it is not the Government’s duty to build refineries.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Digitalcreator(m): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
GOOOGLE504:

Same here bro. Which countries do you have in mind?

This one that even Niger and Chad are becoming our Big Brothers. E don red o.
Bros e don red o. . I still they look the countries o but what I know is my heart has left this country.. The government and their kids can rule themselves I dash them
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by favor914: 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2020
Princedapace:

But we have accepted that the past leadership failed. What is stopping Buhari from building another one since Niger could do it in three years?

Egypt also added 25000W of electricity to her grid under four years.

If una like chanage leaders, Nigeria will not work.

The civil war we fought need to be revisited and what led to it need be fixed from the grassroot.

Aside that, buhari is almost done with her term, next person wil come in and still make the country worse.
We can’t build refineries? simple reason the oblivious populates want the Government to subsidize petroleum products, does Niger’s Government pay subsidy on petroleum products? It is the duty of private individuals to build refineries just like Dangote, & Rabiu. As for electricity that rest solely on the doorsteps of pdp & Jonathan, the mumus took us back 25 years with their privatization crap in 2013, more so Nigerians like you are looking for cheap electricity, which isn’t possible, tariffs must reflect cost, free, under paid electricity is what has gotten us into these dilemma.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by favor914: 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
Racoon:
What do we expect when the leadership of our nation is even borrowing grains from ECOWAS food bank whose previous court pronouncements they said is not binding on it.This is what happens when your have a band of incompetent buck passing people administering the affair of a complex nation like ours on lies & false promises.

Buhari was NNPC first pioneer chair hence should be able know better how this critical petroleum sector works
Having promised but failed as usual to provided the new refineries yearly within his first tenure.

Today, NNPC is a cesspool of unending wastage and corruption.Subsidy is no more fraud to him.The only 3 old refineries are not functioning @ optimal capacity while Algeria have 13 new ones.Now Niger our younger neighbour have further pushed us down as the into the league of fourth world nations.Sleeping ant of African.Tueh!
I wish you channeled all these to pdp & Jonathan, Hypocrite you are complaining but do not want the Government to do the right thing in removing petroleum subsidy, actually hypocrisy is an under stated word for you.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by obailala(m): 1:22pm On Sep 09, 2020
egoldman:

Nigerians don't need blames, they are tired of it, they need action and results, if APC should lose the next election, the next government would start blaming APC for its shortcomings and vice versa.

What Nigeria needs is whoever thay finds himself in the government to do his bit or his best with whatever that is available to him, this much we will appreciate.

The first 4 years of Buhari was used in blaming and telling us how bad PDP was which we already know.

And in this their second term instead of improving the bad situation they inherited, they kept blaming again and Nigerians are suffering, they are not improving our lot bro, why do you think Nigerians make this statement "Bring Back our Corruption"

It's because they can't see the difference between this government and the previous one.
I only explained the reason behind the blames for you, I didnt endorse it.... Its up to you to comprehend this or not.... When the pot wakes up one morning and begins to call the kettle black, it's only naturally expected for the accused to respond by also pointing fingers. When PDP agents stupidly accuse Buhari of sabotaging refineries since he came to power, it's only natural for him to remind them of their foolishness. You can call it 'blame game' for all you like, it's just human behaviour.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Princedapace(m): 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2020
favor914:
We can’t build refineries? simple reason the oblivious populates want the Government to subsidize petroleum products, does Niger’s Government pay subsidy on petroleum products? It is the duty of private individuals to build refineries just like Dangote, & Rabiu. As for electricity that rest solely on the doorsteps of pdp & Jonathan, the mumus took us back 25 years with their privatization crap in 2013, more so Nigerians like you are looking for cheap electricity, which isn’t possible, tariffs must reflect cost, free, under paid electricity is what has gotten us into these dilemma.

But GEJ wanted to remove subsidy and ur team refused and rejected it! What happened?

Also, refineries mentioned in those countries were built by state owned companies like our own NNPC!

And if u av given all these excuses which means there was no need electing Buhari becus according to u, pdp made it impossible to fix, so why did Buhari contest for a position he has no solution for?
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by obailala(m): 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2020
Princedapace:

But GEJ wanted to remove subsidy and ur team refused and rejected it! What happened?

Also, refineries mentioned in those countries were built by state owned companies like our own NNPC!

And if u av given all these excuses which means there was no need electing Buhari becus according to u, pdp made it impossible to fix, so why did Buhari contest for a position he has no solution for?
Like you did not also reject pump price increase in 2012. Funny how everyone now claims it was only APC heirachy that resisted pump price increase in 2012. All Nigerians including yourself embraced the increase in fuel price from N65-N142 with a huge smile, while APC scoundrels were the only ones who spoke against it.

Meanwhile what about during OBJ days when he tried severally to remove subsidy? I guess it was also APC leaning Nigerians ONLY that insulted OBJ for incessant increase in fuel prices?
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by tundess: 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
But Dangote and Bua will save us. Amen.

Peep game ; destroy, undermine or wreck national assets then get your ethnic cronies to set up new "investments" in those fields that have been sabotaged. And people will clap and applaud you.
Eg, Nigeria Airways, NNPC refineries, Power sector, NITEL, toll gates (to be or not to be) etc.
The aim of the oligarchs (across ethnic lines) is absolute control by creating "facts on the ground". So their power can never be contested.

I don't fault PMB for this mentality. He met the situation but he has accelerated the rapaciousness of the politico-business elite. Importing oil from Niger is just the closing of the circle re oil products. We the citizens are now hemmed in, with no choice but to patronise a "free market" regulated product. And guess who's profits will inflate exponentially ? The already stinking rich and their political fellow-travellers.
State capture by stealth.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Princedapace(m): 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
obailala:
Like you did not also reject pump price increase in 2012. Funny how everyone now claims it was only APC heirachy that resisted pump price increase in 2012. All Nigerians including yourself embraced the increase in fuel price from N65-N142 with a huge smile, while APC scoundrels were the only ones who spoke against it.

Meanwhile what about during OBJ days when he tried severally to remove subsidy? I guess it was also APC leaning Nigerians ONLY that insulted OBJ for incessant increase in fuel prices?

Oh, like there are no APC members who have been ruling the country from OBJ time and even before OBJ. U see bro, Im not one of those ur party ass lickers.

I give no f*ck about any politician becus they have all failed. I can never make an excuse for any useless politician. All of them have failed. Over 70 percent of them ruling this country today have ruled previously or have been in govt even before I was born. They have done nothing but mess up the country.

Like I said, my own submission is simple: this country needs to go back to what led to the civil war and fix those suggestions made in Ghana. If not, we will keep electing people who will only come and do nothing.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by NGpatriot: 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2020
We've heard this lie before, we are nooit buying any oil product from Niger, must we be bordered with fake news everyday?

1. To start with, how many refineries were built within the 16 years before PMB and what efforts were made to make the 4 refineries in Nigeria operational and productive? Bothing, they were busy looting and stealing, they were busy sharing oil money, buying mansions, private jets and yacht.

2. The FG shouldn't spend 1 kobo on the refineries, they are worthless and unproductive scraps that they need to sell off immediately.

3. There's absolutely no sensible point in keeping and to keep spending money on useless and efficient refineries when in less than 2 years, the largest single refinery in the world is set for operation here in Nigeria with enough capacity to meet our needs and still more left to export for foreign exchange.

4. Another huge refinery and petrochemical plant are is about to get off the ground in Akwa Ibom to increase our capacity shouting about some countries selling oil products to Nigeria is utterly meaningless and irrelevant.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by NGpatriot: 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
The largest single refinery in the world.

The largest fertilizer plant in the world.

The largest petrochemical plant in Africa

The largest gas plant in Africa

These are all going to be in Nigeria, not Niger, Egypt or all the country in Africa or anywhere in the world.

In less than 1 year, Nigeria is dominating refinery, petroleum products, petrochemicals, fertilizer and gas commodities in Africa and globally.

So, you unpatriotic and out of focus people can keep celebrating over your fake news, but we are going to laugh last.

God Bless Nigeria

God Bless PMB.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by ddeola: 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
SHAME on PMB and his govt. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

They are full of excuses, blame game and jokers. sad sad sad sad
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by Compliant(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2020
favor914:
Hypocrite People like you, want to have your cake & eat it too? Government removed subsidy the way forward, & you people are complaining, you should have asked yourself one important question, does Niger’s government subsidize petroleum products? No, so now you understand why it is easy for them to build even a 100 refineries. Building of refineries is a business, it is not the Government’s duty to build refineries.

Keep quiet Mr man

When PDP was in power, this same APC told us there was NOTHING like subsidy YES OR NO?

what made you believe now that there is subsidy
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by obailala(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2020
Princedapace:

Oh, like there are no APC members who have been ruling the country from OBJ time and even before OBJ. U see bro, Im not one of those ur party ass lickers.

I give no f*ck about any politician becus they have all failed. I can never make an excuse for any useless politician. All of them have failed. Over 70 percent of them ruling this country today have ruled previously or have been in govt even before I was born. They have done nothing but mess up the country.

Like I said, my own submission is simple: this country needs to go back to what led to the civil war and fix those suggestions made in Ghana. If not, we will keep electing people who will only come and do nothing.

Yeah of course our leaders have failed us, but when people begin to craftily isolate it to one political party, then you're already guilty of taking sides, ass licking or politicising the problem. Several people on this forum have said the fuel subsidies being removed now should have been removed since 2012. But then, the narrative becomes twisted and ridiculous when majority making this comment then turn around to say APC was the reason subsidies weren't removed in 2012; how ridiculous can humans be? Every single fuel pump price increase since Nigerian history has been met by stiff opposition and rejection by Nigerian masses, yet the narrative has changed now to "APC stopped fuel subsidy removal"?
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by AshipaEk0: 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2020
This isn't new.

the problem is that they've been feeding you sweet tales about smuggling to other countries which is for the most part untrue

that is only prevalent in Adamawa axis, and limited in katsina

anyone whose spent enough time in the Northern extremes knows that the fuel used there don't come from lagos.

but you people will never have sense. its too easy to manipulate the common sentiment with newspaper gist
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by AMvanquish: 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
Very true. I can remember sometime in 2014 working in Katsina. There was fuel scarcity in other states. I remember seeing long queues in Abuja, Kaduna and Kano, only for me to get to Katsina and see the queues were not so bad. On Inquiry, I was told the petrol stations were getting their supply from Niger Republic.
Oh Nigeria. What a country.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by tsdarkside(m): 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2020
Dedetwo:

Northern region of Nigeria can join Republic of Niger for all I care. However, the Republic of Igbo land shall be exceptional to the dumb theory of joining African nations together. Instead Republic of Igbo land will have bilateral agreement with Republic of Ambazonia.

i dont think igbos have much to say in this matter....
it will depend on your leaders....but they are naturaly born sellouts anyways.... undecided undecided

concentrate on your region and stop burderin yourselves with things you cant realy influence....
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by prinj(m): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2020
What a shame and wickedness in Nigeria
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by ThatFairGuy1: 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2020
post=93730920:
Just like those you have in power for 16 years.
The ones you worship and sing to high heavens when they looted the future of this nation to the ground.
Colossal Shame on all supporters of criminals, looters and thieves.

Say Amen to this prayer NOW!
May it never be well with any politician that turned stole from our national treasury and took our country backwards, no matter the party they are, along with their supporters.

Hypocrites will always find it difficult to say AMEN to this prayer.
Shame!
Racoon, the earlier you stop this your daily childish politics of bitterness and hatred, the better for you.

Here is a post from a reasonable and sensible youth like you.

Racoon,
Grow up.
Even your 2 gods that lost the election have moved on with their lives, don't wail everyday for 8 years.
The more you keep mentioning just one man's name and leave out all your principals that ran down our nation,
The more sane members will keep hitting you with the hard truth.

You are right,
He has said nothing but the truth here.
We are 99.9999% sure that those refineries are owned by some Nigerians!
There was a nation! cry cry

You just buttered the point the gentleman and lady made above.
Nigeria has the potentials to be great,
All we need is a plan and a commited leader.
We weep for the future of our nation.

After reading our post over and over for 45 mins,
And this is his reply to the prayer!
Number one Characteristic of a wailer : HYPOCRISY!
He's a benefactor of their looting, his pot of soup his on hold. Hence the incessant attack on PMB. The FFK of NL
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by rinzaugustine: 3:41am On Sep 10, 2020
Now i know why Atiku wanted NNPC sold..so nigeria cannot refine petroleum in 2020...smh
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by orisa37: 7:02am On Sep 10, 2020
Take over NIGERIA by Petroleum.

It's RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY POLICY.

APPLY APREC-AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL FOR OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES NOW

AND LET EACH STATE CONTROL HERSELF.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by orisa37: 7:10am On Sep 10, 2020
No fuel subsidy has become a Camouflage to patronize Niger, Egypt and Algerian REPUBLICS.

This is clearly a part of Buhari's hidden OBJECTIVES FOR NIGERIA.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by AfonjaConehead: 7:42am On Sep 10, 2020
Something Worse thing to happen to a man is for him to be a Nigerian and in same country with coneheaded structures
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by jessedaflow: 8:16am On Sep 10, 2020
More reason pipelines re being laid from south to northern nigeria, so they can export crude oil to niger republic.
Re: Niger Exports Fuel To Nigeria As Egypt, Algeria Build 13 Refineries by shugabasbn: 8:33am On Sep 10, 2020
I was surprised as well. The day I saw those refineries in Niger Republic along Maradi road.
I can't just helped than to pray for our past leaders esp Obj, Yardau, Jonathan n Buhari for the trillions spent without a drop of fuel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Beat Damisa Yusuf, AIT Reporter Covering Students' Protest In Bauchi / Navy Burns Illegal Bunkering Site In Port Harcourt As Black Soot Takes Over / Kidnappers Were Offered Money Not To Release Jangebe Girls, Says Matawalle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.