Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. (519 Views)

Hoplite Foundation Holds Hangout For Persons Living With Sickle Cell In Abuja / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by Olmat(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2020
Please I need advice from doctors in the house.
My wife pcv is low, and this drug was prescribed at the general hospital. I went through the leaflet and discovered it contains iron and they advised people with haemolytic Anaemia to stay away from it. Please is it safe for her to take the drugs and if not, what things or drugs can she take to improve her PCV. She's almost 6months pregnant.

Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by byinks(f): 10:18am On Sep 09, 2020
Don't self medicate.
Let her register for antenatal at a good Teaching hospital.
Experienced hands will see her through
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by BrighterMe: 10:18am On Sep 09, 2020
You should have disclosed to the medics your wife is a sickle cell. That would have aided them know suitable prescription.

1 Like

Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by Simplyleo: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2020
Im not a doctor, so i don't know anything about that.

But i wish her safe delivery.

Hope palundrin is sufficiently available so as to reduce crisis during pregnancy.
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by ourfatherland: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
Im not a doctor, so i don't know anything about that.

But i wish her safe delivery.

Hope palundrin is sufficiently available so as to reduce crisis during pregnancy.
[/s]
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by majamajic(m): 10:23am On Sep 09, 2020
God will see u through
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by Olmat(m): 10:27am On Sep 09, 2020
byinks:
Don't self medicate.
Let her register for antenatal at a good Teaching hospital.
Experienced hands will see her through
The drug was prescribed by general hospital
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by Mood11: 10:41am On Sep 09, 2020
Hope your own Genotype is AA? So that things can be balanced..

Safe delivery to your woman..
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by Olmat(m): 11:10am On Sep 09, 2020
Mood11:
Hope your own Genotype is AA? So that things can be balanced..

Safe delivery to your woman..
Yes, I'm AA
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by Protein0: 11:23am On Sep 09, 2020
Olmat:

Yes, I'm AA
Please, let her go and register at a teaching hospital immediately. kiss
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by Olmat(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2020
Protein0:

Please, let her go and register at a teaching hospital immediately. kiss
That not possible, we live a bit far from any teaching hospital in lagos, I need to distance into consideration when she falls into labour. We registered at a General Hospital.
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 09, 2020
When did NAIRALAND become a Mobile Hospital to handle such an OBSTETRIC high-risk pregnancy..?

IF you truly care and Love your Wife, you should be seeing to be registering her in a Facility equipped with medical wisdom and expertise to handle such and not rushing to NAIRALAND to create Topics with the expectation that current best standards of practice will be explained to you here.

With the way it's going, Very soon NAIRALAND may start taking deliveries too.
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by Protein0: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2020
Olmat:

That not possible, we live a bit far from any teaching hospital in lagos, I need to distance into consideration when she falls into labour. We registered at a General Hospital.
Then find a nearby private hospital with an Obs&Gyn consultant.
For expectant mothers in her category, the quality of ante natal care they receive forms the bulk of their delivery.
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by Protein0: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2020
EVILFOREST:
When did NAIRALAND become a Mobile Hospital to handle such an OBSTETRIC high-risk pregnancy..?

IF you truly care and Love your Wife, you should be seeing to be registering her in a Facility equipped with medical wisdom and expertise to handle such and not rushing to NAIRALAND to create Topics with the expectation that current best standards of practice will be explained to you here.

With the way it's going, Very soon NAIRALAND may start taking deliveries too.
It's sad really.
Tackling low PCV in a sickle cell mom when she's almost in her last trimester.
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by byinks(f): 11:40am On Sep 09, 2020
Olmat:

General hospitals have too many outpatients and doctors don't have time for thorough review of cases... please enroll her in a teaching hospital antenatal clinic.
Your wife and child's life is very precious

I wouldn't say more than that.
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by Ayofaks(f): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2020
Olmat:

Do they know she has sickle cell anaemia? If they don't, please let them know her medical history, this will determine the kind of drugs and treatments she can receive.
Re: My Wife With Sickle Cell Anaemia Is Pregnant. by jennyswtie: 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2020
While you are still waiting for answers concerning this drug, let her try ugu and garden egg leaves. Very potent in increasing pcv

(1) (Reply)

Help! What Is Wrong With My Leg / Ginseng Help Erectile Dysfunction For Amazon / My Cholesterol Is High

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.