Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader (1268 Views)

Farooq Kperogi: Revolt Of “Repentant” Boko Haram Terrorists Proves My Point / Widows Of Soldiers Protest Release Of Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists / Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by suasmablow(m): 10:39am On Sep 09, 2020
Former lawmaker from Kaduna State, Senator Shehu Sani, has condemned the recent killing of a militia warlord in Benue State, Terwase Akwaza, alias Gana.

Naija Politics Hub reports that Gana who had recently surrendered and accepted an amnesty offer by the Benue State Government was on Tuesday killed by the Military in Nasarawa.

The Military also claimed to have captured about forty of his men in the encounter after a gun battle.

All these were disclosed by the Commander of the Four Special Forces Command, Doma Local Government Area, Brigadier General Maude Ali Gadzama.

However, Senator Sani in his reaction to the killing of Gana said such actions by the Military will discourage other militia leaders from surrendering which will further endanger peace moves across the country.

"To ‘kill’ a person who ‘surrendered’ would discourage others from surrendering," he tweeted.

Source: https://naijapoliticshub..com/2020/09/senator-sani-condemns-killing-of.html

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by GamalNasser: 10:40am On Sep 09, 2020
The Fulanis never forgive and Gana should have known better . He should have gone underground like tompolo till a reasonable govt comes onboard ....Now all those Niger Delta the govt have been using life Tompolo out of hiding can see how Tompolo would have been summarily executed by the the sectarianist Nigerian Army

4 Likes

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by richard69(m): 10:42am On Sep 09, 2020
Lots of bullets were pumped into him
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by Enoch07: 10:45am On Sep 09, 2020
they should also channel this energy towards Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, kidnappers, armed robbers etc

2 Likes

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by GamalNasser: 10:48am On Sep 09, 2020
richard69:
Lots of bullets were pumped into him

Not much bullets , that's just a burst from a 50 caliber heavy machine gun probably a DSHK ...the shots complete cut out his arm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by Deborah98(f): 10:50am On Sep 09, 2020
Enoch07:
they should also channel this energy towards Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, kidnappers, armed robbers etc
seriously bro...
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by GamalNasser: 10:50am On Sep 09, 2020
When we say Buhari never thinks anything out thoroughly before executing we know what we are saying
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by donbachi(m): 10:58am On Sep 09, 2020
Stop bringing ur own for them to kill..and theirs are treated as kings.every tribe need strongmen in nigeria of today,where fulanis are working very hard to takeover lands that belongs to others.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by frankyychiji(f): 10:59am On Sep 09, 2020
Guys Guys Guys, this man surrendered and was pardoned before but he went back to his trade. How are we sure he won't go back again?
The man has done so many bad things that having him around in any community as a free man would continue to send jitters down the spines of residents.
I have a feeling Ortom is behind his arrest and execution.

I say good riddance to a lost cause!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by Dedetwo(m): 11:03am On Sep 09, 2020
One of the worst things I disagreed with government led by Goodluck Jonathan remains the caging of southern Nigeria. He should have allowed the southern borders to remain as porous as northern borders. The introduction of scanning equipment at the seaports in southern Nigeria was the lowest point of his foolish administration. I hate the so-called timid leaders of Nigeria who hail from southern Nigeria. The current VP is a glorified gateman.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by nairalandankrah: 11:03am On Sep 09, 2020
Every reasonable right thinking person should condemn this dastardly act by the APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 09, 2020
Now I can understand why Tompolo has gone underground

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by nairalandankrah: 11:04am On Sep 09, 2020
frankyychiji:
Guys Guys Guys, this man surrendered and was pardoned before but he went back to his trade. How are we sure he won't go back again?
The man has done so many bad things that having him around in any community as a free man would continue to send jitters down the spines of residents.

And you're so sure that the "so called repentant boko haram and Fulani herdsmen won't go back again?..
Your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens!!
We know the plan of the APC is to blame this on Ortom..
But NIGERIANS KNOW BETTER

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by Redcrafton: 11:14am On Sep 09, 2020
Omenka...the foot soldier of the caliphate will disagree...

He would say that the repentant Boko boys deserve to be rehabilitated than his brother...the militant leader.

He is about now searching everywhere looking for fake stories of imaginary Igbos killing Fulanis...and then making it Igbo matter.
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by kingzizzy: 11:15am On Sep 09, 2020
Thats one of the reasons they want Nnamdi Kanu to come back, so that they can grab him and empty their bullets into him

2 Likes

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by frankyychiji(f): 11:17am On Sep 09, 2020
nairalandankrah:

And you're so sure that the "so called repentant boko haram and Fulani herdsmen won't go back again?..
Your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens!!
We know the plan of the APC is to blame this on Ortom..
But NIGERIANS KNOW BETTER
You are hungry. Go chop, then come back and edit this senseless comment of yours.
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by nairalandankrah: 11:21am On Sep 09, 2020
frankyychiji:
You are hungry. Go chop, then come back and edit this senseless comment of yours.

Your belly is your God..
That's why you can't think straight anymore or reason properly.
Your consciousness has been bought!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by kingzizzy: 11:25am On Sep 09, 2020
frankyychiji:

The point here is that there is no justification for killing an unarmed man. Dont you realise that if your sentiments are to be followed, we would have given the power of life and death to the military? What it would mean is that the military will decide who lives or dies, when, how and why. That is horrible. We would be creating a society where carrying guns will be the order of the day. If the authorities felt that this man was still a threat, they should have arrested him and charged him to court.

But to grab him after he has surrendered and execute him in such a brazen way shows that Nigeria is still a backward country where people reason like animals

1 Like

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by November1857(m): 11:47am On Sep 09, 2020
This is pure extra judicial killing , Benue government has granted him Amnesty ! Why killing him ? Is he different from bandits that was granted pardon by katsina state govrt...

2 Likes

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by Asgard13: 11:53am On Sep 09, 2020
Omenka the Yoruba full , that claim Benue .... that moniker get as e Dey reason... always Dey reason left

1 Like

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by November1857(m): 11:58am On Sep 09, 2020
Asgard13:
Omenka the Yoruba full , that claim Benue .... that moniker get as e Dey reason... always Dey reason left
perhaps he is a fulani man.
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by frankyychiji(f): 11:59am On Sep 09, 2020
kingzizzy:

The point here is that there is no justification for killing an unarmed man. Dont you realise that if your sentiments are to be followed, we would have given the power of life and death to the military? What it would mean is that the military will decide who lives or dies, when, how and why. That is horrible. We would be creating a society where carrying guns will be the order of the day. If the authorities felt that this man was still a threat, they should have arrested him and charged him to court.

But to grab him after he has surrendered and execute him in such a brazen way shows that Nigeria is still a backward country where people reason like animals
You are perfectly correct. I didn't think of it this way. I was only putting myself in the shoes of his victim But if we are to be that egalitarian sane society of our dreams, then the rule of law must take preeminence. I appreciate your argument.
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by seniormallam(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
To even think the army authority arranged a press conference to announce their victory of him is disgusting,
Someone they could not caught for over 4 years, why celebrating killing him extrajudicial,
The army should please secure the people of Benue from now on, you don't expect his boys not to cause troubles.
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
GamalNasser:
The Fulanis never forgive and Gana should have known better . He should have gone underground like tompolo till a reasonable govt comes onboard ....Now all those Niger Delta the govt have been using life Tompolo out of hiding can see how Tompolo would have been summarily executed by the the sectarianist Nigerian Army

Exactly. You just summed it up.

1 Like

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2020
GamalNasser:

Not much bullets , that's just a burst from a 50 caliber heavy machine gun probably a DSHK ...the shots complete cut out his arm

Gosh shocked
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2020
And Orji Uzor Kalu is telling Nnamdi Kanu to come to Nigeria, so that Buhari will slaughter him like fowl. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by jlinkd78(m): 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2020
Noted
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by Christistruth00: 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2020
Dedetwo:
One of the worst things I disagreed with government led by Goodluck Jonathan remains the caging of southern Nigeria. He should have allowed the southern borders to remain as porous as northern borders. The introduction of scanning equipment at the seaports in southern Nigeria was the lowest point of his foolish administration. I hate the so-called timid leaders of Nigeria who hail from southern Nigeria. The current VP is a glorified gateman.

would you prefer the violence tearing the North apart to be in the South?
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by Christistruth00: 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2020
Dedetwo:

Would you prefer the violence tearing the North apart to be in the South?

The South has all the Coastline in Nigeria if the South needs weapons they will get it. But now law and order is needed.
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by Christistruth00: 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2020
Dedetwo:

Would you prefer the violence tearing the North apart to be in the South?

The South has all the Coastline in Nigeria if the South needs weapons they will get it. But now law and order is needed.
Re: Senator Sani Condemns Killing Of Repentant Benue Militia Leader by oskopy: 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2020
how come we never heard of him? probably he was against killings in benue, they don't want any opposition.

(1) (Reply)

The story they told about us. This is what foreigners are saying about Nigeria. / We Begged People To Buy Oil At $9 – NNPC / North Is Afraid Of Nigeria Breaking Because Of The Oil - Alhaji Albarka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.