Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 4 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 4 (388 Views)

Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 3 / Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 2 / Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 4 by BeigJawnson(m): 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2020
Saying, you won't become somebody in life. You won't make it. I smiled. I said to myself, this is tha beginning of my success. We all went home in my dad's car, but not that old car anymore. My elder brother bought him a new Toyota land cruiser, so he had to give my mom tha old one he was using before. We got home, yet merriment still continued.

My mom said to me, this is tha beginning of your success. No curse or curses can pull you down, my son. I smiled and said mommy thanks for your prayers and words of encouragements. I love you mom! My mom replied, I love you too Tunji.

Years later, I am now a qualified doctor. I was in my office one day, I remembered those days in my secondary school, that old Mrs Adepoju's voice came again, How will you make it, when you don't know maths! Instead of shouting I will make in Jesus name, I just smiled and said to myself, thank you Jesus. I am somebody, I have made it, you have begin your works in my life. Thank you Jesus!

Days later, I resumed work. I prayed as usual before anything starts, I was checking some files on my table, suddenly I heard a nurse shouting Doctor! Doctor!! I answered yes nurse jumoke, what is it? Come inside! I said to her. She said it is Doctor Ola. What happened to Doctor Ola? I asked. He had an accident while driving to work this morning sir. I quickly picked up my stethoscope and rush out of tha office to see what's happening. I saw Doctor Ola in wounds, with tha other doctor treating him in tha ward he was admitted. And he was treated, and he was also responding to treatments.

Days later, he was better, he can now talk. I check on him from time to time in his ward, other Doctors too do check on him as well during their shifts.

On this day, a lady who is Ola's sister who use to check on her brother in one of tha wards was followed by an old woman. As I was approaching my office, I saw them coming in, into tha hospital, they were told to sit at tha reception by a nurse. This Ola's sister, a divorced woman with two children. She has divorced after five years of marriage, so she had to move into his brother's house. Tho' her brother who we both work together in tha hospital told me her story.

As I looked at tha old woman's face, I said to myself I know this face. Ola's sister greeted me, I greeted her and greeted that old woman as well, Ola's sister told me that, tha woman is her mother, I greeted her and she greeted me well. So as I was heading to my office, I heard Ola's sister telling her mom that, that is my brother's oga (Boss) going.

I was in my office, I heard a knock on tha door, yes come in, I responded. Three people in my office, oh! Doctor Ola, how are you now? He replied, I am now better sir. Thank God, I said to him. His sister thanked me and so their mother did. I told them no payment should be made, they thanked me more, and their mother prayed and prayed for me.

I said in myself, this should be Mrs Adepoju. After saying her prayers, I asked, Ma! Are you Mrs Adepoju, she answered yes. My son do you know me? I answered, yes ma I know you ma, you were once my mathematics teacher in secondary school then at Akure High School, in ondo. She asked my son what is your name, I answered, my name is Tunji Andrews. She was trying to remember, she was chewing my names in her mouth by repeating my names over and over, finally, Oh! Andrews, she remembered, is this you? I answered yes ma. Ola who is her son interrupted, mommy, this is my boss, he owns this big hospital, we are three doctors that work under him, and you will never know that he is our boss. But ma, your curses and negative words then caused me alot of wounds down deep in my heart.

But thank God I am somebody that have make it in life. I said to her in tha presence of her children. She bursted into tears, she weeped, weeped and weeped. My son please forgive me, I beg you in tha name of God. She wanted to kneel down, but I had to stand up and stretch my hands to resist her, oh mommy no no no, you can't kneel down for me, I have forgiven you ma. It's okay. Don't cry again ma, I said to her.
Her children too also begged me. To forgive her, I told tha two of them that I wasn't tha only one, your mom offended many students then, with her negative words and curses, many of us may be out there looking for how their lives will be meaningful cos of those curse she rained on students then, if not for God, I don't think I will be where I am today, cos tha curses your mom laid on me then really wounded my heart.

Ola faced her and said with a trembling voice but mommy why? why? Even with tha church you go every Sundays, so you did all this then, but never thought you too have children, it is well.
I opened my drawer and bring out my cheque book, and wrote a cheque and give to tha children.

They all thanked me. Mrs Adepoju with tears, asked me, I hope you won't sack my son as a revenge? Doctor Ola, her son replied, mommy he won't sack me cos he is a nice man, I also replied her, mommy I can't sack him. Those days, you do say if you don't know maths you won't make it in life. I and my friend Quadri had that as thought then, we made up our minds that this maths we must not fail it in our final exams, we went for different tutors, we did many mathematics lessons.

Even in tha examination hall. I could remember ma, you came when we had mathematics, with same negative words. But we were not moved cos our wounded hearts were already healed.
Quadri is living fine now, infact he is now in Canada. She bursted into tears again. Don't cry mommy, I tried to console her. Cos her own stony heart then is now wounded with my success.

They thanked me. I told them all thanks to God. And they left.

A wounded heart, which was healed by tha words of encouragement from my mom, her prayers and with my self determinations.

Never let negative words from people control you, and no curse can have impact in your life when you are focused, determined and much closed to God.

THA END...

https://storiesbybeigjawnson..com/2020/07/tha-wounded-heart-episode-4.html
Re: Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 4 by BeigJawnson(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2020
BeigJawnson:

A wounded heart, which was healed by tha words of encouragement from my mom, her prayers and with my self determinations.

Never let negative words from people control you, and no curse can have impact in your life when you are focused, determined and much closed to God.

THA END...

https://storiesbybeigjawnson..com/2020/07/tha-wounded-heart-episode-4.html

Please more comments ... If you really enjoy my stories.

For more stories like this, you can check on my blog

storiesbybeigjawnson..com

(1) (Reply)

When Peace Finds A Home / Daddy Don't Die / Looking To Work With Non-fiction Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.