Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 2 (259 Views)

Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 4 / Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 3 / Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 2 by BeigJawnson(m): 7:32am On Sep 07, 2020
So as my dad roared congratulations with his deep voice, we were astonished that what could it be, Honey! Congratulations for what? My mom asked, Peju has been admitted into Lagos State University, my dad replied. My sister Peju heard, she left what she was doing in tha kitchen with happiness in her heart. So dad I am finally admitted, she shouted halleluyah, my dad said yes you are admitted, my friend, professor Abayomi just called me to tell me now. Professor Abayomi was tha one helping Peju with her admission into tha university.

A month later, Peju is going to her university, we were all happy but seeing dad, driving Peju to motor park, I was sad. No more play mate. I will be tha one at home. Now tha remaining days left in my school long holidays will be bored and lonely.

Few days later, school resumed, I am now in SS3. I was very happy to see my friends again in school, however one thing spoilt my mood on that very day of resumption in school. Our mathematics teacher Mrs Adepoju was our class teacher, class SS3A, oh my goodness! This woman again, this woman who always rain curses on me if I fail her tests? Now my class teacher? I was having this thought in my mind, I heard a VOICE calling me, TJ! TJ!! Quadri, a friend of mine calling me, he sat next to me, he said have you heard that Mrs Adepoju is now our class teacher? I replied that witch? I was in tha thought of how are we going to cope with her especially when she is now our class teacher. She caused many wounds in my heart those days we were in SS1, now my class teacher.

Few minutes, later Mrs Adepoju entered tha class, she came with a long cane and student register, calling out names. She started her curses again by saying, I know most of you won't pass your exams when tha time reach. And I don't think many of you can become somebody in future. You these idiots, I know all of you too well, right from SS1.

One student at tha back, shouted Haaaaa! Who shouted Haaaaa! She roared with her ugly voice, no one answered, she asked again, who shouted Haaaaa! Nobody answered we all kept mute. She was angered, she shouted, everybody on your knees. We all knelt down, on tha first day of resumption in school, my heart is getting wounded by this same woman again, that thinking down in my mind, as I was thinking, lashes of her long cain, landed on me, I shouted it is not me Ma! She continued flogging me, flogged tha next student, continued her flogging till she finished flogging us. While she was flooging us, she was raining curses on us. This wounded my heart alot, she got flared. And walk away out of tha class with anger and bitterness.

Now she is gone, we were returning her curses back to her and her generations. Students at tha back, kept mumbling words with bitterness in their hearts. Noise all over tha class.

School closed for that day, I got home bittered. My mom asked Tunji what is it? I told her, is it not that same Mrs Adepoju I have been telling you about, she knows nothing but to rain curses. My mom looked at me, she said in a gentle voice. My son no curse shall prevail over you, you are a child of God. And God will surely protect his children from any curse. After saying that, she told me my launch is ready. I never hesitated, I pulled my uniform, went straight to bathroom and have a cool shower, I was refreshed, I went into tha kitchen to pick my food. I ate and got myself some rest.

Next day in school. After tha assembly, every student all went into their various classes, we had our normal daily routine of studies according to time table.

Now time for break, we were about going for break, Mrs Adepoju bursted into tha class, I said in my mind, but this is break time. However we don't have maths today? We spent our break time for mathematics class. She gave us an assignment, oh my goodness! What again? As I was having that thought, she called me, Andrews! Come and solve number one question of these sums I give as assignments. I don't too like mathematics, tha woman teaching us is another problem. How am I going to solve this? That running in my mind, I went to tha board, I didn't know what to write. All of a sudden I felt a big lash on my back, with a loud voice, blockhead! I know you won't know it.

Oh my goodness! I am into trouble, this witch again. She followed me with lashes I ran out of tha class. You this blockhead, I know you can't become somebody in your life, you do fail my tests since when you were in SS1, you just got to SS3 through a narrow escape.
As she was coming towards me, she wanted to fall cos of her high heel shoes, a student bursted into laugh, who is that unfortunate student that laugh there? No response. She turned to me and as for you Andrews, I will see how you will become somebody in life, you don't know anything. You this blockhead.

I rejected her curses as usual. All of a sudden, she shouted, come inside! Stupid boy! and if you like stay outside. She faced tha class and said since you useless people can't show me that person that laughed. All of you kneel down wherever you are.

https://storiesbybeigjawnson..com/2020/07/wounded-heart-episode-2.html

What's next? Watch out for EPISODE 3

(1) (Reply)

Reform The Police Force / Your Book Could Be The Answer To Someone’s Prayer – Gabriel O. Udensi / Writers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.