Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? (13650 Views)

Mine Is Fraud! / 5 Ways Your Opay Account Can Get Hacked / Opay Freeze My Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 2:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
Hello fellows, like the topic rightly says "Opay Nigeria" is fraud.

What transpired?
I was planning to go into POS business to add to some other things I have been doing to enhance an inflow and to be earning some other passive incomes; in order not to be waiting for salary jobs again.

I started making enquiry on how to go about it and from little information I gathered, I decided to settle for Opay POS machine to start with; while I decided to pursue Bank POS machine along the line.

Before now, I do come across "Opay Nigeria Facebook Page" where they are advertising Opay POS machine and how to get it delivered within 48hours after making payments. Also on this same page, there are more than 500 comments including testimonies of those who have applied and got their POS machines within stipulated time.

I choose to chat them up through the contact number provided on the page. During our chatting I was comfortable to go on with the transaction because the Company Bank Account details was provided by the supposed Agent of Opay
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2020
Opay Nigeria Account, with Sterling Bank was forwarded to me and I felt safe to go on with the transaction.

1 Like

Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
After the payment was made, I was told my machine will be delivered accordingly at my chosen delivery address.

The second day, one of the contact numbers I have picked from one of the adverts put call through me and I told him I have made payment to Opay Nigeria Account through the information provided by one of their staff/Agent. That was when the new caller told me Opay don't receive money through Commercial Bank but only through Opay Wallet.
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2020
As soon as I got that hint, I put call through my bank customers care line to report and I asked them to reserve the transfer but I was told the money has already dropped to Sterling Bank and that recall will be initiated on the transaction. I immediately called Sterling Bank to notified them as well and they promised to act accordingly on receiving instructions from my bank.
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2020
My bank later mailed me that recall process has been initiated and if I'm not satisfied with the resolutions within stipulated time, I should go on to fill an Escalation form from their website.
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
While I was pursuing my money, I searched for Opay on Twitter and I messaged them accordingly.

Opay made it knew to me that; they don't have anything to do with "Opay Nigeria" and they are not the one behind the Sterling Bank Account through which I made the payment. They actually promised to team up to clamp down on those that are using their brand to defraud people.

Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by jaytii(f): 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2020
Scam Front page
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
I later discovered the real Opay didn't registered with CAC as Opay but with another name which give rooms for dubious people to leverage on the lapses to defraud the unknown.

My bank later mailed me yesterday to reach out to law enforcement agencies in order to commence proper investigations into this issues.

Please, knowledgeable fellows should enlighten me on how best to go about it that I will not be on another spending sphere.

I decided to open this thread to get people informed and to prevent further victims.

Neurally in a situation like this, I could have back out if the person provided individual bank account but I never something like this can still happened with registered company with such popular brand also using commercial Bank in this dispensation.

I hope it should not be too difficult to trace those behind Opay Nigeria because before they registered with Corporate Affairs Commission, all the details of the directors must have been submitted, also when opening company account, bank must have conducted KYC using the documents provided by those behind the account name.

These scammers are actually perpetrating this dubious act and getting away with it, because most people don't have the strength to pursue them or ready to be spending more money to reach out to law enforcement agencies for proper investigations and handling.

WHO ARE THOSE BEHIND "OPAY NIGERIA"

Cc: Lalasticlala.
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Cowbell521: 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2020
Nawa Ooo

1 Like

Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
jaytii:
Scam
Front page

Moderators, kindly move to front page for wider viewers

Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2020
Concernpita:
I later discovered the real Opay didn't registered with CAC as Opay but with another name which give rooms for dubious people to leverage on the lapses to defraud the unknown.

My bank later mailed me yesterday to reach out to law enforcement agencies in order to commence proper investigations into this issues.

Please, knowledgeable fellows should enlighten me on how best to go about it that I will not be on another spending sphere.

I decided to open this thread to get people informed and to prevent further victims.

Neurally in a situation like this, I could have back out if the person provided individual bank account but I never something like this can still happened with registered company with such popular brand also using commercial Bank in this dispensation.

I hope it should not be too difficult to trace those behind Opay Nigeria because before they registered with Corporate Affairs Commission, all the details of the directors must have been submitted, also when opening company account, bank must have conducted KYC using the documents provided by those behind the account name.

These scammers are actually perpetrating this dubious act and getting away with it, because most people don't have the strength to pursue them or ready to be spending more money to reach out to law enforcement agencies for proper investigations and handling.

WHO ARE THOSE BEHIND "OPAY NIGERIA"

Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
It was for purposes like this that CAMA was amended. I thought citizens of a developing economy would be worried about CAMA's provisions for small and medium enterprises. No one cared about those provisions. Only the so called ISLAMIZATION section received resistance.

The fraudulent social media outlet couldn't have opened a business account without a certificate of incorporation from the Corporate Affairs Commission and couldn't have gotten a certificate of incorporation from the Corporate Affairs Commission without a dubious staff. The Corporate Affairs Commission has a duty of preventing the tort of passing off by not approving names that may confuse the public.

To be honest with you, if the fraudster bribed the bank and the Corporate Affairs Commission to pull this scam, then he will bribe Law enforcement agents or the judiciary if the case subsequently gets to Court. Your best solution is to hire a hitman to give you justice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by kingthreat(m): 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2020
Push your case till the end. It would get their account blacklisted for fraud and blocked. You should have seen a red flag with Opay sending you an account number via whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
kingthreat:
Push your case till the end. It would get their account blacklisted for fraud and blocked. You should have seen a red flag with Opay sending you an account number via whatsapp.

Definitely, I've told them already of bombing the wrong joint.
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 8:20am On Sep 10, 2020
kingthreat:
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Thomthom(m): 8:41am On Sep 10, 2020
My 26th comment on don't pay money to anyone that you are not seeing face to face.. All this Nigeria sites advertising business are all fake

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 10:39am On Sep 10, 2020
Thomthom:
My 26th comment on don't pay money to anyone that you are not seeing face to face.. All this Nigeria sites advertising business are all fake

Hello Boss, I met a fellow that registered my limited liability company here on Nairaland; I felt safe because he gave me his registered company account through which I sent 40k advance payment to him without seeing him at all, two weeks later my certificate was ready and I balance him up. I have recommended him to as many people around me that needed his services and he never disappoint for once.

So, presenting registered company details for transactions should give some level of comfort and if scammers are now using registered organization with body like CAC and subsequently open corporate account with commercial bank to perpetrate their evil act and they are getting away from it like what we are seeing, that called for serious concern. I don't say dubious fellows can not hide under registered body to scam people; but to trace them should not be too difficult.

1 Like

Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by FManager(m): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2020
Concernpita:

Hello Boss, I met a fellow that registered my limited liability company here on Nairaland; I felt safe because he gave me his registered company account through which I sent 40k advance payment to him without seeing him at all, two weeks later my certificate was ready and I balance him up. I have recommended him to as many people around me that needed his services and he never disappoint for once.

So, presenting registered company details for transactions should give some level of comfort and if scammers are now using registered organization with body like CAC and subsequently open corporate account with commercial bank to perpetrate their evil act and they are getting away from it like what we are seeing, that called for serious concern. I don't say dubious fellows can not hide under registered body to scam people; but to trace them should not be too difficult.

Unless they are online portals to see if they are truly registered, as we all know they can likely fake documentation to give a false sense of security and comfort to potential victims.
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
FManager:

Unless they are online portals to see if they are truly registered, as we all know they can likely fake documentation to give a false sense of security and comfort to potential victims.

Yeah, there is online portal to check if the company actually registered and that can be done on CAC website, what actually gave me away to them was seeing Commercial Bank Account with the account name "Opay Nigeria"
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2020
Let expose fraudulent activities, let get people informed, let prevent further or reduce victims.

Mod
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Concernpita: 6:05pm On Sep 15, 2020
Concernpita:
Let expose fraudulent activities, let get people informed, let prevent further or reduce victims.

Mod
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by austine4real(m): 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2020
angry sad angry sad

Scamming ourselves in this koronafirus time

1 Like

Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by PresidentAtiku(m): 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
The only Opay account on Facebook is Opay Agents...

Every other Opay you see are operated by those condemned and forever cursed idiots and never do wells called Yahoo boys. Cursed generation

1 Like

Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
The only Opay account on Facebook is Opay Agents...

Every other Opay you see are operated by those condemned and forever cursed idiots and never do wells called Yahoo boys. Cursed generation

From the write up, how are those guys able to open and operate commercial bank accounts freely using such popular Opay Brand.

With what CAC Documents
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Simvan: 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
FP please

1 Like

Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by Burchester: 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
Has your money been recovered
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by ChangedMan1999(m): 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2020
True
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by ChangedMan1999(m): 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2020
Wen I still de write news for Opera mini news hub, I give them my Opay account and wen I try make I transfer the money to my Union Bank account, the thing come dey misbehave
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by atop1(m): 2:47am On Jun 04, 2021
To help you on your journey to getting your Opay POS fast and simple, I have written an entire article plus video to explain all the information you need to get the Opay pos by yourself without having to contact anyone.
check the article and video step by step here https://posbusiness.com.ng/2021/05/30/opay-pos-get-it-fast-and-other-details/
Re: Opay Nigeria Is Fraud, Who Are Those Behind It? by wittywriter: 6:13am On Jun 04, 2021
Concernpita:
Hello fellows, like the topic rightly says "Opay Nigeria" is fraud.

What transpired?
I was planning to go into POS business to add to some other things I have been doing to enhance an inflow and to be earning some other passive incomes; in order not to be waiting for salary jobs again.

I started making enquiry on how to go about it and from little information I gathered, I decided to settle for Opay POS machine to start with; while I decided to pursue Bank POS machine along the line.

Before now, I do come across "Opay Nigeria Facebook Page" where they are advertising Opay POS machine and how to get it delivered within 48hours after making payments. Also on this same page, there are more than 500 comments including testimonies of those who have applied and got their POS machines within stipulated time.

I choose to chat them up through the contact number provided on the page. During our chatting I was comfortable to go on with the transaction because the Company Bank Account details was provided by the supposed Agent of Opay

Witty You.
Else it would have been another case of stories that touch.
So many people or groups of persons into fraudulent acts are now devising various platforms to perpetrate their evil works.
One has to always double check on any monetary transaction nowadays.
In sane climes the person(s) behind this dubiously orchestrated act will be apprehended / arrested in 24hrs once this kind of info is in the public domain.
Our intelligence architecture is very faulty.

©Wittyness

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mass Robbery In Auchi, Edo State? / Nigerians, 2 Others Arrested In India For Cheating Women On Matrimonial Site / Edo Ex-Lawmaker Allegedly Beat Teenager On His Genital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.