Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:13 AM

Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs (14097 Views)

The Black Lungs Of A Chinese Chain Smoker (Graphic Photos, Video) / Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / 50 Hospitalised After Eating Cow Bitten By Snake In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by lexy2014: 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
dynicks:
Kuku ban cow meat for now....

Hate speech
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by jacoik(m): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
so long as it crosses fire and salt is in it, then every bacteria is nothing but food to the belly
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by seunH: 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
backnbeta:
On top of this covid?
But I'm really impressed that they test their cows to ensure they are safe for human consumption...I don't know if they test ours here in Ibadan, but to be on a safer side, we'll just 'over boil' as usual, until the mycobacterium bovis and any other bad thing dies along with some of the nutrients cheesy
It doesn't work that way ma, trust me I'm a veterinarian. Let me explain, the lungs may still be infected depending on the infective agent as in our case Mycobacterium bovis. These microorganisms have the capability to withstand high temperature and since the boiling point of water during cooking is about 100 degrees, they may survive. Also ma, these microorganisms have the ability to form shells and protective covering around themselves which may limit the effect of heat on them. The funny part is many people contact a lot of diseases from eating all these meat and even milk products, it was even discovered recently that a bacteria called Brucella spp causes miscarriage in women and an average man can never detect this bacteria in meat/milk except a Vet, hence a lot of women suffer from miscarriage and then blame their village people!! without knowing it was the meat or milk they ate. Finally FOR ALL NON VETS READING THIS, YOU CAN DIAGNOSE A LUNG INFECTED BY TUBERCULOSIS, IF YOU SEE WHITISH OR CREAMY SPOTS ON THE LUNGS OR IF THE LUNGS TASTE CRUNCHY, THAT "CRUNCHYNESS" YOU ARE TASTING IS THE SHELL FORMED BY THE Mycobacterium bovis. To cap it all, these above problems can be solved if veterinary practice is taken seriously by the government and appropriate laws and enforcement process is put in place.

6 Likes

Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by seunH: 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
jacoik:
so long as it crosses fire and salt is in it, then every bacteria is nothing but food to the belly
It doesn't work that way sir
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by Favemmzar200(m): 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Mycobacterium bovis
Comedian bovi won't like this
But funny enough....which iron bacteria go fit survive our heat that comes from cooking and frying

Damnnnnn.....you are beautiful....slim and beautiful..you possess this body that represents the true beauty of a woman
And your eyes are beautiful like two drops of coffee in a cloud of milk
slawormir....nigga with da sugar coated tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by lexy2014: 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
Chukapage:
We Tell Fulanni Start Ranching , Modernize your Pastorial ways ,They say NO! The want to be moving from place to place with cows that they don't know anything about the Health or Anatomy. Results is what?..... Diseases like this.

Ranching is good& is d way to go. But in a case like this, ranching isn't a guarantee that d animals wouldn't have such infections. We have seen chickens, pigs in poultries (a form of ranching) all wiped out by outbreaks. When bird flu strikes, it doesn't strike chickens that are running around in d compound or on d street
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by jacoik(m): 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
seunH:
It doesn't work that way sir
so tell me the bacteria fire and salt can't kill then I will tell you that it has not been discover
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by Notatribalist(m): 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
References:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/bovine-tuberculosis-abia-commissioner-warns-residents-against-eating-cow-lungs/
join my free forex training.. It's free,I won't charge you any fee..not now,not later

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group:
https:///message/5SBAT7K3PZ6GG1
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by notoriousbabe: 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
No bring am come south west o
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by Chukapage(m): 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2020
lexy2014:

Ranching is good& is d way to go. But in a case like this, ranching isn't a guarantee that d animals wouldn't have such infections. We have seen chickens, pigs in poultries (a form of ranching) all wiped out by outbreaks. When bird flu strikes, it doesn't strike chickens that are running around in d compound or on d street
At least if they ranch , They will have an Infrastructure in which Veterinary Doctors will be accessible to them. Na for bush wey Dem dey Butcher Farmers Veterinary Doctors go find them go? undecided
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by seunH: 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2020
jacoik:
so tell me the bacteria fire and salt can't kill then I will tell you that it has not been discover
Mycobacterium tuberculosis sir
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by favour32(m): 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
Vet.Dr nor dey reliable.
Dem fit collect bribe and look the other way.
Avoid eating cow organs for now.
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by 6digitscomrade: 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
jacoik:
lol���bro go and read well about pathogens then we take it further from there..
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by euniselfyahoo: 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2020
Noted.
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by engroyekan(m): 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2020
They do in Ibadan too but mostly in major/government-controlled abattoirs and that's one of the reasons Ajimobi created a central abattoir at Amosun village in Akinyele LGA and ordered all abattoirs to be moved there for proper monitoring but people for whatever reasons opposed his decision then before they finally complied.

There are still mushroom abattoirs operating in localities which makes it difficult to enforce testing because of their size.

backnbeta:
On top of this covid?
But I'm really impressed that they test their cows to ensure they are safe for human consumption...I don't know if they test ours here in Ibadan, but to be on a safer side, we'll just 'over boil' as usual, until the mycobacterium bovis and any other bad thing dies along with some of the nutrients cheesy
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by Golan007: 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2020
Chukapage:
We Tell Fulanni Start Ranching , Modernize your Pastorial ways ,They say NO! The want to be moving from place to place with cows that they don't know anything about the Health or Anatomy. Results is what?..... Diseases like this.

And Mad Cow disease in Europe was caused by Fulani Herdsmen.
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by Comedian2019: 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2020
Kingbuhari:
And which tuberculosis can survive under heat Boil am well well the thing go desolve
You're on your own
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by lexy2014: 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2020
Chukapage:
At least if they ranch , They will have an Infrastructure in which Veterinary Doctors will be accessible to them. Na for bush wey Dem dey Butcher Farmers Veterinary Doctors go find them go? undecided

Even with d present arrangement, it still possible but read this:

There is no way to detect a cow with such a disease unless it is either killed or tested.

Mgboji said that the ministry had alerted veterinary doctors, who operate at the abattoirs, to watch out for such disease manifestation to determine its spread to safeguard lives.

He also said that the Abia agriculture ministry had alerted cow dealers to the discovery so that they would allow health officials to test their cows.

“The goal is to safeguard the lives of beef consumers,” he said.

Mgboji regretted that cow dealers had not shown interest in having their cows tested to determine their fitness for human consumption, adding that their quest for profit was a threat to human health.

“The Board of Internal Revenue (BIR) is sending touts to inspect the meat and get them money. The poser is `how can a tout, who has no training in veterinary medicine, inspect meat in abattoirs?

“That is what we find in Nigeria; when you speak, you make enemies unnecessarily for yourself.

“When you have the BIR pushing the touts just to get money for them, it makes our work difficult, but in spite of all that, we will do our best to safeguard lives of residents,” he said.
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by NgwalandAbia(m): 5:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
Very soon, I will order the deportation of all cow sellers in the state.
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by ceeceeuwa: 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2020
Is it not the part of meat they call' fuku' by Yorubas?
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by tweakdude1: 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2020
What a business minded nation. Spoil Cow meat and promote fish sales.
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by tweakdude1: 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2020
realer2uo:
SIX ODD.
NO CHANCE TO LOSE.
PAYMENT AFTER WINNING
WHATSAPP ME VIA;

0 8 1 2 2 7 2 1 8 1 1

KICKOFF AT 7PM

You still dey play that thing. You better stop there is no life there
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by dynicks(m): 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
lexy2014:

Hate speech
hahahahaha!....hate speech against majority of the populace right?
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by lexy2014: 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
dynicks:
hahahahaha!....hate speech against majority of the populace right?

Hate speech against cows
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by bizhop01: 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
You need to cook it very well before eating
Re: Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs by Spaxon(f): 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Mycobacterium bovis
Comedian bovi won't like this
But funny enough....which iron bacteria go fit survive our heat that comes from cooking and frying

Damnnnnn.....you are beautiful....slim and beautiful..you possess this body that represents the true beauty of a woman
And your eyes are beautiful like two drops of coffee in a cloud of milk
You boyfriend must be a real niggarrr....if not that your boyfriend is a real niggarrr i would have suggest we hang out but you know real niggarrrz don't hang out with the girl friend of other real niggarrrz
Doing so is bad because that real niggarrr might pull the trigger....and i have to reciprocate by pulling my own trigger and as a result the hood will no longer be safe for any body..

Damnn Niggarrrr
I don't do boyfriends. Real waste of time .
Iffa need something i get it.
No time for fake love

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stomach Ulcer And Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil / Females Having Beards And Moustaches / Young People Must Remain Virgins Until Marriage – Ayade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.