Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

I Want To Go Into Programming But Very Bad At Math, Any Advice - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Go Into Programming But Very Bad At Math, Any Advice (3136 Views)

Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? / Why I’m Bad At Coding And People Think I’m Good / If You've Always Wanted To Learn Programming But Failed, Be Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Go Into Programming But Very Bad At Math, Any Advice by Karleb(m): 9:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
OGWILLS123:

But will JavaScript, php, react and Angular required maths.

Yes.

The maths needed are the one you know already.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Programming But Very Bad At Math, Any Advice by Savagethe21st(m): 10:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Bro you can learn to code with out knowledge of mathematics but passing programming interviews is another thing entirely but thankfully everything can be learnt.

Learn to code and build projects. Once you are ready to start applying to jobs, get a copy of grokking algorithms and then start doing leetcode. The one you no Sabi memorise am by force. Some programming interviews don't test for data structures and algorithms. Some give a code test, some talk about your projects. Different companies, different scope but the data structures and algorithms way is becoming very popular down to even freelancing sites like Upwork. The below picture is an interview I had from a company on Upwork.
jeez how person go take crack his head answer am

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Programming But Very Bad At Math, Any Advice by Semtu(m): 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2020
OP, depending on your field, you won't be needing maths in programming. Most of the mathematical formulas are already embedded in libraries. From the libraries, you can easily call already written functions, specify your args or kwargs and perform your operations.

As someone in the AI field where complex maths is needed, all the functions I need are already at my fingertips. I don't need to be cracking my brain on calculus, statistics and the likes.
Re: I Want To Go Into Programming But Very Bad At Math, Any Advice by Yaarashades: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2021
OGWILLS123:
angryHello guru's in the house I will like to take a career paths in Programming
but I hate maths angry Is they any hope for me cry

Yes there’s hope...
Depends on the particular language you want to go into
Why do you hate maths?
Re: I Want To Go Into Programming But Very Bad At Math, Any Advice by Yaarashades: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2021
Semtu:
OP, depending on your field, you won't be needing maths in programming. Most of the mathematical formulas are already embedded in libraries. From the libraries, you can easily call already written functions, specify your args or kwargs and perform your operations.

As someone in the AI field where complex maths is needed, all the functions I need are already at my fingertips. I don't need to be cracking my brain on calculus, statistics and the likes.

Hey I want to go into AI
You learnt in school or online?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Programming Team Open. A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Starts One Today. / How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? / SOLOLEARN: The Easiest Way To Learn Programming for Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.