Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? (2143 Views)

Some Months Into Programming, My Excruciating Experience. / Should I Quit My Job To Go Into Programming Full-time? / I Want To Go Into Programming But Very Bad At Math, Any Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
Can u believe that about 60k students registered for ALX SE program for the august cohort. And during the onboarding yesterday, a student of the program was invited to talk to us. Could you believe that the guy was a BANKER currently at a job. A banker wants to leave banking for programming! I even heard some medical students also enrolled in the program. These guys think programming is beans. Anyways, let’s see how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by Robnectar(m): 8:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by Jashub: 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
Can u believe that about 60k students registered for ALX SE program for the august cohort. And during the onboarding yesterday, a student of the program was invited to talk to us. Could you believe that the guy was a BANKER currently at a job. A banker wants to leave banking for programming! I even heard some medical students also enrolled in the program. These guys think programming is beans. Anyways, let’s see how it goes.
Don't be surprised bro. The money in tech now is almost equivalent to drug/ritual money , and everyone wants to have a piece of it . And come to think of it, even doctors are rushing into tech theses days grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2022
Jashub:
Don't be surprised bro. The money in tech now is almost equivalent to drug/ritual money , and everyone wants to have a piece of it . And come to think of it, even doctors are rushing into tech theses days grin

Doctors? You mean student doctors ?
Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2022
Lol out of 60k maybe only 100 might finish the program. Na so last year hng over 100k people registered only around 100 finished the program.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 8:34pm On Aug 16, 2022
it makes the field so saturated more especially web development.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by utepu: 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2022
Really? Programers are highly sort after
Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by chukwuebuka65(m): 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Lol out of 60k maybe only 100 might finish the program. Na so last year hng over 100k people registered only around 100 finished the program.

In one of the groups am in , someone was asking how to go about the projects that was given to us since yesterday by this time . Projects that the first dead line is tomorrow morning 6am. I just pity her

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by Jashub: 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Full time doctors. I know a couple of them on Reddit that are currently changing careers to tech . In fact ,one of them has already kicked off his tech journey by taking courses with Freecode camp and the Odin project
Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by chukwuebuka65(m): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2022
Jashub:
Full time doctors. I know a couple of them on Reddit that are currently changing careers to tech . In fact ,one of them has already kicked off his tech journey by taking courses with Freecode camp and the Odin project

Wahala. Everybody want to cash out
Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by TastyFriedPussy: 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2022
Rubbish angry they will all fail woefully angry these are the same doctors, bankers and pharmacist that them and their yeye parents use to insult and talk down on us that wanted to study CS that year. Saying we will end up as phone repairers on the street. They will all FAIL catastrophically angry rubbish.. They have oversaturated their medicine and surgery, finish, their pharmacy and banking and finance, now they want to come and spoil market for the same phone repairers they said will end up on the streets. Very heavy thunder will scatter all of them, nonsense angry

They no longer want to make their parents and society proud again( because that is why most of them study these courses).. Rubbish, now them wan enter tech. No be only tech, tech will kill all of them there.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by chukwuebuka65(m): 9:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Rubbish angry they will all fail woefully angry these are the same doctors, bankers and pharmacist that them and their yeye parents use to insult and talk down on us that wanted to study CS that year. Saying we will end up as phone repairers on the street. They will all FAIL catastrophically angry rubbish.. They have oversaturated their medicine and surgery, finish, their pharmacy and banking and finance, now they want to come and spoil market for the same phone repairers they said will end up on the streets. Very heavy thunder will scatter all of them, nonsense angry

Hahahahaha , guy easy. Pls find a place in your heart to forgive them

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by TastyFriedPussy: 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Hahahahaha , guy easy. Pls find a place in your heart to forgive them
guy you won't understand how much this thing pains me..if my father had allowed me to study the computer science I wanted to study 5 years ago when I graduated from sec school, I would have been a happy CS graduate at 20 years old and I know how much I would have benefited from it.. But no, instead he forced me to go and study pharmacy, Mostly because of crowd mentality and how those guys are seen in the society as Demi Gods.. That was how him and his friend sweet talked me into studying the course, telling me that even before I graduate, I would be earning 150k as salary during my IT and also driving big cars.
Now I'm a dropout planing to start all over again because I couldn't continue the stupid course and he has been blaming and punishing me ever since because according to him, it is all my fault..

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by VeryWickedMan: 9:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

They no longer want to make their parents and society proud again( because that is why most of them study these courses).. Rubbish, now them wan enter tech. No be only tech, tech will kill all of them there.

I must give you a senior position in my academy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by Jashub: 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
guy you won't understand how much this thing pains me..if my father had allowed me to study the computer science I wanted to study 5 years ago when I graduated from sec school, I would have been a happy CS graduate at 20 years old and I know how much I would have benefited from it.. But no, instead he forced me to go and study pharmacy, Mostly because of crowd mentality and how those guys are seen in the society as Demi Gods.. That was how him and his friend sweet talked me into studying the course, telling me that even before I graduate, I would be earning 150k as salary during my IT and also driving big cars.
Now I'm a dropout planing to start all over again because I couldn't continue the stupid course and he has been blaming and punishing me ever since because according to him, it is all my fault..
grin Take it easy bro. And besides, Pharmacy ain't so bad
Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by jesmond3945: 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
Is a good thing we need to compete with the Indians. They are using tech to migrate and control the world. Look at UK migration numbers. 80 thousand Indians got work visa in uk last year compared to 12 k Nigerians. In that half of the Indians is tech while only 1500 is noligerians in tech.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by Sheriman(m): 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

I give them 2 years those who will still remain in tech can't be more than 5 people

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by jesmond3945: 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
ahmedsaniadamu:
it makes the field so saturated more especially web development.
no it doesn't. Why is tech not saturated in India and China? Go to TechCrunch and crunchbase. 30 billion dollars was invested in tech alone last year

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by jesmond3945: 10:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

Lol no my brother. We need to compete globally or else we miss out. Go to TechCrunch and see water money flowing. Tech and renewable energy is the future, we the youths need to take this opportunity or else the world will leave us behind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by TastyFriedPussy: 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2022
jesmond3945:

Lol no my brother. We need to compete globally or else we miss out. Go to TechCrunch and see water money flowing. Tech and renewable energy is the future, we the youths need to take this opportunity or else the world will leave us behind.
I'm not saying we should not compete..my own be sey let all those doctors, bankers and pharmacist(especially the doctors and pharmacist) should gettat with immediate effect... We don't need them in tech. They should carry their money driven career prostitution somewhere else..they are nothing but idiots, all of them angry
Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by jesmond3945: 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2022
grin
TastyFriedPussy:
I'm not saying we should not compete..my own be sey let all those doctors, bankers and pharmacist(especially the doctors and pharmacist) should gettat with immediate effect... We don't need them..they are nothing but idiots, all of them..
Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2022
Sheriman:

I give them 2 years those who will still remain in tech can't be more than 5 people
You really think people who smashed Maths and Physics in their O'levels, dominated their various classes and exams, regularly spend painfully long hours studying complex things would fail at Tech?

Lmao

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by Sheriman(m): 10:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
DrLevi:

You really think people who smashed Maths and Physics in their O'levels, dominated their various classes and exams, regularly spend painfully long hours studying complex things would fail at Tech?

Lmao
And why are so many people abandoning it after discovering heavy loads ahead of them. Programming is a serious manual brain labour and long life learning career that will take away somethings from you

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
Sheriman:

And why are so many people abandoning it after discovering heavy loads ahead of them. Programming is a serious manual brain labour and long life learning career that will take away somethings from you
They abandon it because of the long term ROI required.

It doesn't pay in 6 months, or even a year. Takes over a year of consistent hard work to make the first couple bucks.

Most people are either too lazy or too impatient to wait that long

But skills wise and learning curve, I don't see people in Medicine, Pharmacy suffering in tech at all.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by TastyFriedPussy: 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
Not to mention, an extrovert going into programming is often times than not, a disaster waiting to happen grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by Runningwater(m): 12:41am On Aug 17, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

grin
Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by Zubby2005(m): 1:24am On Aug 17, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Not to mention, an extrovert going into programming is often times than not, a disaster waiting to happen grin
My thought exactly, an extrovert moving into tech is not beans, as an introvert I stay indoors only which allows me to concentrate.
And besides the other professionals should stock to their business, you only enjoy Tech when you're driven by passion not by money, many ppl don't know this thereby the don't even last up to 2 months and they're done .
...Stick to what you are good at.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by Sheriman(m): 2:12am On Aug 17, 2022
DrLevi:

They abandon it because of the long term ROI required.

It doesn't pay in 6 months, or even a year. Takes over a year of consistent hard work to make the first couple bucks.

Most people are either too lazy or too impatient to wait that long

But skills wise and learning curve, I don't see people in Medicine, Pharmacy suffering in tech at all.
Reason why I said only few people will remain. I agree there are so many programmers wannabes today but the world don't needs them, we need programmers who are thinkers, problem solvers, innovators and critical thinkers who use their codes to solve human day to day problems. It takes years to reach this stage.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by tosinhtml: 5:04am On Aug 17, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
I'm not saying we should not compete..my own be sey let all those doctors, bankers and pharmacist(especially the doctors and pharmacist) should gettat with immediate effect... We don't need them in tech. They should carry their money driven career prostitution somewhere else..they are nothing but idiots, all of them angry

You are so angry, calm down bro. I know those people might have said somethings to you in the past but just forget it and move on. Thats life.

Besides, tech just picked up financially in Nigeria in 2019/2020, so we have to be grateful too. If not for remote work, most people will be earning 200k to 500k after many years experience.
Re: Why Is Everyone Rushing Into Programming? by tosinhtml: 5:07am On Aug 17, 2022
Zubby2005:
My thought exactly, an extrovert moving into tech is not beans, as an introvert I stay indoors only which allows me to concentrate.
And besides the other professionals should stock to their business, you only enjoy Tech when you're driven by passion not by money, many ppl don't know this thereby the don't even last up to 2 months and they're done .
...Stick to what you are good at.

You can still do it, its just to dedicate certain hours daily for coding, then certain hours for hanging out.

Extroverts moving into tech make way more money and they are even more recognized. They are the ones who do Developer Advocate roles. They talk more in conferences, network with more people. Have YouTube channels. Being an extrovert always more advantage in life generally.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Website Development / Java Or .NET Guru Needed In Abuja / ALX/Udacity Data Analyst Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.