Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

AEDC Still Cheating Customers After Tariff Hike(pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AEDC Still Cheating Customers After Tariff Hike(pictures) (997 Views)

Buhari Fires AEDC Management Over Strike / AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) / Melaye’s Children Sleep In Darkness After Police Refused AEDC To Reconnect Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AEDC Still Cheating Customers After Tariff Hike(pictures) by shortgun(m): 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
I bought power units today for my meter.
I discovered that The Discos still take some amount from your purchase.

I paid 5,000 to recharge my meter.
The vendor charged N100 leaving me with a balance of N4,900.
95.5 units was issued to me for N4,900.
My Area is in Band B:
according to AEDC Grading of customers.
Band B customers are supposed to pay 47.72 naira per unit.

I tried to do the maths but it didn't add up.
4,900÷47.72=102.6 units
But I only got 95.5 units.

They Robbed me of 7 units which is About N300+

I don't know if my calculations are wrong.
Anyways,I think this another way Discos fleeces
Consumers.

Re: AEDC Still Cheating Customers After Tariff Hike(pictures) by iyatrustee(f): 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
There is VAT of 7.5% deductible from the N4,900 which is N367.5k. Therefore means the units you are alloted will be for N4,532 which ought to give 94.98units.

They rounded up to the nearest whole number.

2 Likes

Re: AEDC Still Cheating Customers After Tariff Hike(pictures) by shortgun(m): 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2020
iyatrustee:
There is VAT of 7.5% deductible from the N4,900 which is N367.5k. Therefore means the units you are alloted will be for N4,532 which ought to give 94.98units.

They rounded up to the nearest whole number.
But VAT on my printout is clearly showing zero.
You may be right .
Re: AEDC Still Cheating Customers After Tariff Hike(pictures) by juvewalex(m): 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2020
VAT was invisibly deducted.
Re: AEDC Still Cheating Customers After Tariff Hike(pictures) by Nbotee(m): 7:03pm On Sep 09, 2020
Imagine... 95 unit is what 2500 used to get me o.. Now we are having to lay double.. I'm assuming I'll now have to pay around 5k for those same 95 units
Re: AEDC Still Cheating Customers After Tariff Hike(pictures) by Ekejoestar(m): 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2020
Buhari people on the beat.
Re: AEDC Still Cheating Customers After Tariff Hike(pictures) by phrancys001(m): 8:42pm On Sep 09, 2020
Last you how many days?
Nbotee:
Imagine... 95 unit is what 2500 used to get me o.. Now we are having to lay double.. I'm assuming I'll now have to pay around 5k for those same 95 units
Re: AEDC Still Cheating Customers After Tariff Hike(pictures) by Stalwert: 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
[s]
Ekejoestar:
Buhari people on the beat.
[/s]

When GEJ was mortgaging the future of the country and you kept yelling he is the best thing, this is one of his numerous slavery clauses he included to punish Nigerians. The Multi Year Tariffs was signed and sealed by GEJ, which gave discos the power to increase tariff every 5 years. This is what you are now tasting that your pay master have instructed you to blame PMB for what they fooled GEJ into signing.
Re: AEDC Still Cheating Customers After Tariff Hike(pictures) by Nbotee(m): 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2020
phrancys001:
Last you how many days?

Dat 95 units lasts me roughly one month.. D light is on for approximately 8hrs every 2 days.
Re: AEDC Still Cheating Customers After Tariff Hike(pictures) by aieromon(m): 10:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
shortgun:

I discovered that The Discos still take some amount from your purchase.

They Robbed me of 7 units which is About N300+

7.5% VAT

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Set To Win Edo Governorship Election / 'uzodinma's Ranting Was Nothing But Unjust' - Former Buhari Aide / Gombe Governor Swears-in Igbo Man As Special Adviser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.