Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

How To Increase Your Google Adsense Earnings - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Increase Your Google Adsense Earnings (323 Views)

How To Write Blog Posts That Increases Your Adsense Earnings / who has received Adsense Earnings With Zenith Bank - Help / My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Increase Your Google Adsense Earnings by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
Now, I want to share with you some of the strategies I've used to increase my Adsense earnings consistently and some things I've learned since I started monetizing with Adsense:

First, traffic matters most. I just can emphasize this enough. Without decent amount of traffic, you won't earn decent income from Adsense. If your blog hasn't started generating up to 2000 daily unique visits, this is the only tip you need right now. Because without massive traffic, other tips here won't work.

Second, keep testing different ad placement formats until you get the one that attracts clicks the most. There's no format set in the stone, so you have to keep tweaking to see what works best for your blog. However, be careful not to place too many ads above the fold. Adsense hates this!

Third, link ads rock! I've observed that many Nigerian bloggers put up only banner ad units and ignore text link ad units. Truth is, text link ad units are usually more in line with your content, so they tend to attract lots of clicks. If you've not been using them, you're losing money!

Fourth, increase your page views. The more page views you have, the higher the number of ad clicks you'll generate. Why? Because more page views mean visitors stay on your blog to read multiple pages before leaving. In addition, the more your page views, the lower your clickthrough rate. And the lower your clickthrough rate, the safer you are (because Google Adsense bans accounts with exceptionally high CTR). To increase your page views, use "Related Posts" and "Popular Posts" plugins or widgets.

Fifth, wide ad units attract most clicks. I've observed that the leaderboard that most bloggers place in their blog headers and the skyscraper usually placed in the sidebar don't really attract attention. Why? Because visitors are usually focused on the content area, not the header or sidebar. So, ad units embedded within content attract most clicks.

Sixth, always monitor your Adsense dashboard. When necessary, it gives you hints on what to do to increase your earnings. Also, it sends you warning signals when some things are goung wrong.

Seventh, monitor your traffic with Google Analytics, not the Blogger Dashboard traffic stats. As for the traffic stats on Blogger dashboard, it gives exaggerated traffic reports because it counts visits from bots and search engine spiders as part of your traffic. However, Google Analytics tracks only real human traffic. Why should you monitor your Analytics stats. Let me share this with you: last week, I noticed that my clickthrough rate was getting higher, and I couldn't explain why. I then noticed that the number of page views has reduced. With the help of Google Analytics, I was able to find out the exact date the problem started. And I was able to find the cause of the problem (one silly plugin was making the blog show blank on opera mini, which increased the bounce rate and reduced the number of page views). I quickly deleted the plugin, and things went back to normal.

Eighth, search engine traffic generates most clicks. Why because SEO brings fresh visitors, not repeat visitors who are already "blind" to your ads.

Ninth, if Google Matched content has been activated for your Adsense account, try to place it under your posts. That tool boosts page views like crazy.

So, if you have any questions regarding this post or something to add, leave a comment and let's learn from each other.
Re: How To Increase Your Google Adsense Earnings by liltee123(m): 11:13pm On Sep 09, 2020
Link ads is a feature you can't see in google adsense anymore. Don't know why though
Re: How To Increase Your Google Adsense Earnings by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2020
liltee123:
Link ads is a feature you can't see in google adsense anymore. Don't know why though
It's still there
Re: How To Increase Your Google Adsense Earnings by liltee123(m): 1:12am On Sep 10, 2020
UNCLEOKORO:

It's still there

Link ads is not present for newly approved AdSense. You can confirm it though and let us know your findings
Re: How To Increase Your Google Adsense Earnings by Electronics: 9:59am On Sep 10, 2020
You are right. Text link ads has been removed from new Adsense.
liltee123:

Link ads is not present for newly approved AdSense. You can confirm it though and let us know your findings
Re: How To Increase Your Google Adsense Earnings by Ayomi90: 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
You can still av a link ads even without the option displayed on your AdSense account, just create a responsive banner ads and change auto to link.
Re: How To Increase Your Google Adsense Earnings by emmyw(m): 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2020
UNCLEOKORO:

Now, I want to share with you some of the strategies I've used to increase my Adsense earnings consistently and some things I've learned since I started monetizing with Adsense:

First, traffic matters most. I just can emphasize this enough. Without decent amount of traffic, you won't earn decent income from Adsense. If your blog hasn't started generating up to 2000 daily unique visits, this is the only tip you need right now. Because without massive traffic, other tips here won't work.

Second, keep testing different ad placement formats until you get the one that attracts clicks the most. There's no format set in the stone, so you have to keep tweaking to see what works best for your blog. However, be careful not to place too many ads above the fold. Adsense hates this!

Third, link ads rock! I've observed that many Nigerian bloggers put up only banner ad units and ignore text link ad units. Truth is, text link ad units are usually more in line with your content, so they tend to attract lots of clicks. If you've not been using them, you're losing money!

Fourth, increase your page views. The more page views you have, the higher the number of ad clicks you'll generate. Why? Because more page views mean visitors stay on your blog to read multiple pages before leaving. In addition, the more your page views, the lower your clickthrough rate. And the lower your clickthrough rate, the safer you are (because Google Adsense bans accounts with exceptionally high CTR). To increase your page views, use "Related Posts" and "Popular Posts" plugins or widgets.

Fifth, wide ad units attract most clicks. I've observed that the leaderboard that most bloggers place in their blog headers and the skyscraper usually placed in the sidebar don't really attract attention. Why? Because visitors are usually focused on the content area, not the header or sidebar. So, ad units embedded within content attract most clicks.

Sixth, always monitor your Adsense dashboard. When necessary, it gives you hints on what to do to increase your earnings. Also, it sends you warning signals when some things are goung wrong.

Seventh, monitor your traffic with Google Analytics, not the Blogger Dashboard traffic stats. As for the traffic stats on Blogger dashboard, it gives exaggerated traffic reports because it counts visits from bots and search engine spiders as part of your traffic. However, Google Analytics tracks only real human traffic. Why should you monitor your Analytics stats. Let me share this with you: last week, I noticed that my clickthrough rate was getting higher, and I couldn't explain why. I then noticed that the number of page views has reduced. With the help of Google Analytics, I was able to find out the exact date the problem started. And I was able to find the cause of the problem (one silly plugin was making the blog show blank on opera mini, which increased the bounce rate and reduced the number of page views). I quickly deleted the plugin, and things went back to normal.

Eighth, search engine traffic generates most clicks. Why because SEO brings fresh visitors, not repeat visitors who are already "blind" to your ads.

Ninth, if Google Matched content has been activated for your Adsense account, try to place it under your posts. That tool boosts page views like crazy.

So, if you have any questions regarding this post or something to add, leave a comment and let's learn from each other.

You Tried For Lifting Post Someone Made In 2017, I Bet You Don't Even Earn With Adsense, Stop Copy And Paste

Re: How To Increase Your Google Adsense Earnings by liltee123(m): 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2020
Ayomi90:
You can still av a link ads even without the option displayed on your AdSense account, just create a responsive banner ads and change auto to link.

Won't that have negative impact on your AdSense account
Re: How To Increase Your Google Adsense Earnings by Ayomi90: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2020
liltee123:

Won't that have negative impact on your AdSense account
Not at all.

(1) (Reply)

Cryptocurrency Investment Script And Development / Please Who Can Assist Me With This? / How Do You Choose & Use Computer Glasses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.