Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,089 members, 7,953,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

Desking Flooring Is Been Done In 3 Days. Is This A Way To Do It? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Desking Flooring Is Been Done In 3 Days. Is This A Way To Do It? (263 Views)

FASTEST ONE STOREY BUILDING CONSTRUCTION EVER BUILT IN 3 WEEKS & 5 DAYS / Which Type Of Flooring Is Cheap? / What Type Of Flooring Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Desking Flooring Is Been Done In 3 Days. Is This A Way To Do It? by fineboynl(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2020
it's just a 6 flat of 2 bedroom each. when it get to the decking. I use to believe the decking flooring including steps are down within the same days. from where I came from that's how they done it.

this is the first in my life seeing desking taking more than one day.

first they did the step that lead to the up floor and desk the desking around the staircase.

surprisingly, in previous building construction I have seen from where I came from they don't do this. instead they use temporal constructed wood stair to get to the desking for the flooring job.

this might be good seeing that the workers climb up comfortably for the flooring job.

another desking floor need machine cement mixer. that what I have seen from all desking sites. but this one they are using manual mixier. all the guys carrying the cement up have to mix their on concrete cement and after mixing the carry it up till it finish there after they mix more. just like that.

to can the story short. let assume the decking is 6ft. they did 3ft the previous andsmall part of it 6ft. and now they are completing the rest 3ft to 6ft.

there is site engineer using Jeep and site supervisors around. this get me worried because I have never seen this type of desking job in my life.

let the experts answer this question is it's normal or okay to run desking like this, if not and what is the implications.
Re: Desking Flooring Is Been Done In 3 Days. Is This A Way To Do It? by mufutau55(m): 4:52am On Sep 11, 2020
Nothing strange. Sometimes they do the stairs first, especially if they want to use the stairs going up and down. And the main decking also may take 2 days depending on how large and how many man power they bring to the site to complete. Some larger decking even take 3 days. But yours is medium and should have been finished in one day.

But for that your medium decking, of course it will take a long time if they are not using electric mixer. You should have make arrangement for them to have the Mixer not mixing the concrete manually by hand, that is old school.
Same people mixing the concrete are carrying it up?
That is a lousy job of doing any decking work of that size.
Next time, know the people you are hiring before you engage them.

Note: When you say "desking", I am sure you mean decking slab. Yes?

Hajji M.

(1) (Reply)

Maplewoods Plus Estate (ibeju Lekki) Going For 1.7m / Poultry For Sale / Executive Bungalow For Sale In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.