Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police (33888 Views)

Police Parade Yoruba Nation Protesters Arrested In Lagos (Pictures) / June 12: Protesters Arrested By Police In Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) / Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by KingMicky3286: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
After the police will follow to complain that things are difficult in Nigeria. Police like to complain too much about hard times, but they will be the ones to arrest anyone trying to question the government about poor governance .
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by AuthorityStyle: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
MarvellousGodd:
Make 1000 dollars and above per month playing simple fun puzzle game.. WhatsApp for more details.
0 9034 7259 73
They pay into your local bank account

You are a foolish thief

3 Likes

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by EyezofGod120: 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2020
Mikaeltomz:

If hin still go for third term,them go still vote am, nigerians wey I sabi.. them no fit change
,,I dey tell u,,dem go still collect d 5k vote for am
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Emyogalanya: 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2020
daddytime:
Must it be by a protest that seems easily so quellable particularly by this oppressive administration?

How about thinking out other quiet none violent approach where the lives of the willing aren't put on display for a shooting practice?

When the hunter learns to shoot without missing, the bird would learn to fly without perching.

Let's get creative and design other means of protests that'd be hard for them to quell at least not so easily.
but you did not drop any hint on what you said

1 Like

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by nedekid: 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2020
Onyeedum:
I received my electricity bill,,, it wasn't funny bro. From 4k to 12k...i off cry
Next level tins

1 Like

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Shortyy(f): 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2020
obembet:

Where do u base?
Abuja, but I'm ready to relocate
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Aflix(m): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
kikero:

Okay ,let's make fuel 40 naira per liter, at the expense of our economy...

Yes, they should not have been arrested, but Subsidy is theft by another name....
Fuel has increased more than twice under Buhari and still there has been no improvement on the economy. Just admit that Buhari does not know what he is doing.

3 Likes

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by dplores(m): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2020
Protesting peacefully is a crime in APC regime. Lol grin

Na wetin we want we get.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by bigcee(m): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2020
Onyeedum:
I received my electricity bill,,, it wasn't funny bro. From 4k to 12k...i off cry
Mine is 5k to 20k.
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by themonk(m): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
kikero:

They are against deregulation too

On one of their posters, they call for prices to be ut to 87 naira. That means an increase in funds for suubsidy, and a decrease inn deregulatory activities.

It would also make things worse.

In Venezuela, they sell fuel at 8 naira per liter. Their petrol induustry is in taters. Subsidy
You are correct, I just read it properly now.
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Maobichek: 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2020
Onyeedum:
. Half bag of rice was 12k last two weeks but last week 14k. God help this country.
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by masui(m): 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2020
blackgold90:

Looking at all the post you have created ,you are a slot

Please about the slot, is it in CBN, FIRS or EFCC and how much?

Am interested.

cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
Aflix:
Fuel has increased more than twice under Buhari and still there has been no improvement on the economy. Just admit that Buhari does not know what he is doing.

Well, considering I don't back Buhari, I agree with you

Also, subsidy removal can only happen if the government stops setting prices, and hopefully privatised Nnpc
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by xolomonstrides(m): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2020
daddytime:
Must it be by a protest that seems easily so quellable particularly by this oppressive administration?

How about thinking out other quiet none violent approach where the lives of the willing aren't put on display for a shooting practice?

When the hunter learns to shoot without missing, the bird would learn to fly without perching.

Let's get creative and design other means of protests that'd be hard for them to quell at least not so easily.

Your alternative?
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by showafrica(m): 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2020
daddytime:

Yea, you reason like a real human being, thank you. Mediocrity no go kill us... Simply boycotting some certain national program or assignments will do. Protest can come in any form. Buhari administration made it clear they dont like open protests, just find another means to protest.
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by yaki84: 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2020
kikero:

So long as they are setting the price, there is a subsidy

What happened in 2016 was partial removal to a point where goovernment coluld afford to pay subsides, and marketeers could make profit somewhat.

It's what has been happening, and why fuel is no longer 75 kobo as it was in 1990

And yes, I didn't fall for the lie in 2016. Once you get how a subsidy works, you won't have too

even now, the government is still setting the price, so i dont beleive them. Until they remove the PPRA, and allow marketers a free hand in setting the price, and provatise NNPC, then i'll beleive.

(Ive been following the subsidy thing for years, started supporting its removal in 2012)
So what is under-recovery?
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2020
yaki84:

So what is under-recovery?

Subsidy by another name

In 2018, NNPC was importing fuel at 180, selling it at N137

Underrecovery is the amount paid to NnPC to account for the difference between the actual cost of import and the actual cost of sale.

Prone to corruption like the previous method when everyone was an importer, and government paid them the difference between cost and actual cost at the pump.

Without underrecovery, fuel would have cost 250 naira per liter as early as 2017 , which while harsh would have been better for our savings.

And economic development long run.

There is a reason why APC isn't running the economy well. This is a big part of it
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Saltzman00: 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2020
showafrica:

Yea, you reason like a real human being, thank you. Mediocrity no go kill us... Simply boycotting some certain national program or assignments will do. Protest can come in any form. Buhari administration made it clear they dont like open protests, just find another means to protest.
the same open protest that he and others who are hiding there heads in shame now partook in...where on earth have you heard of a democratic government rejecting an open PEACFULL protest before.....sorry to say but im not sure you both are thinking like human beings .mtcheewww

1 Like

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by anonimi: 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by anonimi: 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2020
Saltzman00:
the same open protest that he and others who are hiding there heads in shame now partook in...where on earth have you heard of a democratic government rejecting an open PEACFULL protest before.....sorry to say but im not sure you both are thinking like human beings .mtcheewww

RuudVanNisteroy:
Buhari’s govt, major beneficiary of protests, tightening the noose on freedom.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/buhari-amaechi-others-protest-rally-fg/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12068369_presidentmuhammadubuhariprotesting_jpegdbb55ca64d63becae36fa9b3f3d8ea54

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12068499_buhariprotest_jpeg909dcf5735b3cd267fde5fc5b2394165

4 Likes

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by showafrica(m): 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2020
Saltzman00:

My brother, so you still think you are in democratic government. The difference between human being and animals is the ability to reason rationally. That i labelled something cup, does not mean what is inside of it is cup. However, an animal will call it a cup while a human will say let me check if its a cup bc the appearance does not look like a cup. In this case, it is clearly written everywhere that this not a democratic govt, I dont know why you still believe in what they do and say.
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by micflo28(m): 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2020
If this country has chosen to fail, why drag Biafra along with it.

3 Likes

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by IamgratefulLord(f): 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
MarvellousGodd:
Make 1000 dollars and above per month playing simple fun puzzle game.. WhatsApp for more details.
0 9034 7259 73
They pay into your local bank account
Liar! tongue
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Sandra4luv: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2020
This is a big lesson to we Nigerians , APC must go in 2023 by the grace of God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Jostoman: 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2020
MrALIVE:
May God punish the leadership of NLC
amen and all the TUC leaders.
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Firespitter: 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2020
daddytime:

You spoke like a typical abobaku skull mining miscreants. I can bet that with my left yansh. Most of you guys comments are extremely stupid all the time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by ospido: 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2020
aviara:
Where are those who protested in 2012 at ojota singing and dancing. We need them to come out and protest again. This govt is the fruit and result of that protest. They are all hiding their faces in shame. Shame on everyone of them.

Exactly.
Someone like Kate Henshaw.
In fact when i listened to her interview then at the protest ground, i just shook my head because i really don't know how old she was back in 1984/85.
Where is she today?
Let her come out and continue from where she stopped.

3 Likes

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Sandra4luv: 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2020
Jostoman:
amen and all the TUC leaders.

Nah God go punish that useless NLC president

3 Likes

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by IamgratefulLord(f): 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2020
Maobichek:
. Half bag of rice was 12k last two weeks but last week 14k. God help this country.
That price is for local rice. I live in kuje Abuja. A bag of rice here is 32k. ( Foreign rice). While for local rice it's 28k. I bought 4 mudus for 4k. I weep for this country tongue angry undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by IamgratefulLord(f): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
I want Bishop Oyedepo or Pastor Adeboye to be president of this country. They run their thousand of church branches well. smiley
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Shortyy(f): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
leketon:

Where's your location and what are the skills you have?
I'm ready to relocate.
I have logistics and Administration Skills
Verbal and written communication Skills
Computer Application and presentation Skills
Negotiation skills
Organizational Skills.

I can do administrative work, customer service, etc.
I just need something to keep me busy. I'm going through stuff right now.
Re: 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police by Onyeedum(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
Na u hammer pass wink
bigcee:

Mine is 5k to 20k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki’s Wife At EFCC Office Today [photo] / Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker / Sylvia Ekweremadu Stuns In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.