Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

The Palace: A Pivotal Point To Sustainable Socio-economic And Political Growth.. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Palace: A Pivotal Point To Sustainable Socio-economic And Political Growth.. (184 Views)

Nigerian Youths Can Play A Pivotal Role In National Security – Defence Chief / Vandalization Of The Palace: A Complete Disgrace To The Yoruba Race / Obaseki, Indonesian President, Other Experts Tackle Barriers To Sustainable Tran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Palace: A Pivotal Point To Sustainable Socio-economic And Political Growth.. by hardextheprince(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2020
BEING A KEYNOTE ADDRESS DELIVERED BY TELLA A R. Ph.D

"THE PALACE: A PIVOTAL POINT TO SUSTAINABLE SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL GROWTH IN AFRICA". "What we say is important for in most cases the mouth speaks what the heart is full of Jim Beggs

INTRODUCTION

Royal Majesties present. Eminent Participants, Ladies and Gentlemen.

I feel highly honoured to have been invited to open the ground of today's memorable occasion. I would first like to appreciate the body that invited me on this remarkable celebration of the decadal existence of HRM Oba Jimoh Oyetunji Abidemi Olanipekun Laroove II on the seat of our fathers, and to congratulate the entire natives of Osogbo both home and abroad on this jovous event. I am sure, without a doubt, that our inviters are friending the friendly nature of this God chosen city.

Today, as beseeched by the organizers that I present this talk. Kings here present, honoured chiefs or seats and eminent communal merchants which are the wings upon which a community flies, the pillars that stationed and edifice of a community, the mouthpiece that speaks the voice of the region and the bridge between God and the governed. I greet you reverently. "Respect your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over souls

as those who will give an account"

Hebrew 15:17. Eyin loba loba ati otokunnunlu mokiyin o. Ki emin ola oogun o.

The architectural design of life by the Supreme Being is based on the duo of the throne and the palace. In many places of the Holy Quran, God attributes Kingship to himself. A close intervention on these verses would explain to one that palace with its duo, throne, is an important tool in the growth making, even in the palace of God.
communication and roles designation are between God, Angels, Jinn, and Prophets are sufficient to come to accede to the perfection and growth of the world and everything in it. Human inclusive! The dialogue in Quran as to His wish to create humans who will hold the sovereignty is a clear explanation of the palace The messages of Jesus and his disciples are as well points of reference on the importance of the palace; Muhammad as well as his companions is another beautiful model in the palace. The onus of these analogies above is to register that from time immemorial, the kingdom was a divine system of governance and its compromissory acceptance is an answer to socio economic and political growth in the society, particularly in the African instance, Similarly, the Renaissance period in the Europe which occurred between 14th century and 17th century with the installment of King Jacobean produced enviable growth in Classical Art. Architecture, Literature and intellectuals in the Europe; all which if summed together are to the current development in the European states. The believe that traditional rulers are mere figures is an ancient maxim which cannot be completely defined. traccable to the colonial era. The independent Nigeria has now placed many evolving roles to monarchs, which place a very high competition for royal scats.
Presently, palace has been functional to modern politicians in the aspects of economic policies, security, culture and customs and the general wellbeing of the citizens, owing to long experience in rulership and governance. This experience relay has a fluent impact on socio economic growth.
In the real sense of socio economic growth whose meanings envelope the influence of societal growth on the economy and the economic evaluation of a society, the palace symbol cannot be overemphasized.
In achieving a community or a society where her economy will wax stronger and its sociological embodiments would be a point of positive allusions, one of the angles of its triangular sketch which are democratic leaders, religions leaders, and the palace roles must not be denied; reason being that the three are a very germane pillars in erecting an economical balanced society.
Conversely, it is piteous that some democratic leaders and economic managers are drawing lanes and lines between them and the palace. Such occurrence is putting her future in a furnace which will produce no whine We will all remember when colonial masters intervene into the ARran community. the strategic way through which your fathers were colonized was to empower the royals. Through this, indirect rule" came into birth Democracy has taken an operational trend with the support of palaces in Nigeria. This is to lend credence to the fact that the palace and throne are tolls in the establishment of a serene democracy and buoyant economy. In my attempt to regionalize this speech, I have confined my address with a scoresheet of Kabiesi's decennium celebration, and how this honourable palace has served as a pivotal point to a sustainable socio-economic and political growth in Osogbo. This, I have done to distinct this paper from ordinary paper research that cannot be displayed in an exhibition of realities. The involvement of palace has produced one of the best senators in the S/W who was the former chair of the Senate House Committee on Diaspora and presently the spokesman for the Nigerian Senate whose discharge to his constituents remains outstanding. The palace just produced a weighty figure in the Federation, against all odds, Resident Electoral Commissioner first of its kind. The emergence of the former Deputy Governor was as a result of the great influence of the palace. The increase in the numbers of Local Council Development Area (LCDA) in Osogbo was as a result of the concerted efforts of the palace. The palace ensured that the permanent secretaries numbers from Osogbo was upsurged.
The first flyover bridge that serves as a nexus in the city of Osogbo was done during the reign of Kabiesi. Achieving this height is a talk of the palace intervention. This said bridge has broken the barrier of economic progression between Osogbo and sisters' town. Thus, there is a recent registration of boom economy as a result of this project. The Ataoja's palace has, in fact, been a pivotal point in not sustaining only socio-economic growth alone, but has also engineered judicial footprints as Kabiesi has magnanimously given out free parcels of land for the erection of Federal Court of Appeal, Federal Magistrate Courts, Nigeria Teachers Institute, Teachers village a project embark upon by the Federal Government, and the Service. The palace has strengthened both socio economic and ical growth by producing a university registrar and gifting out 257 hectares nd for the construction of UNIOSUN Teaching Hospital freely all these in my attendance.
The palace in notable for her influence in promoting economic growth in Osogbo as many companies have been established, small businesses firms, and some still coming courtesy the influence of Ataoja.
This palace has also been impactful by providing social security relief to the citizens of our dear Osogbo land in the areas of palliative distribution, adoption and sponsorship of less privilege children, sponsoring of an Osogbo son to Soviet Union for Masters degree, palace chiefs get salaries promptly: by means of relieving the palace workers of their strenuous duties, there is a super employment of palace workers.
The ascension of Ataoja has broken the rivalry of land disputes in the town and one beautiful. virtue of emulation is that he does not take sides; he gives righteous justification; the Asojuoba and Afobaje are duly taken care of. With this argument, I think we will all come to agree that the palace is an obvious pivotal point in economical, social, and political growth.
At this juncture, I think it is always important to know when something has reached its end, as ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that do not really end, anyways, they just begin in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending some discussions like this are never ending.

Thank you for your time.

I'm Tella

(1) (Reply)

Custom Product Packaging Wholesale! / Nigeria Records Lowest Daily COVID-19 Cases In 5 Months As Total Hits 56,256 / Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu, Says 'your Action Will Work Against Pastor Ize-iyamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.