Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:05 AM

How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland (1543 Views)

Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? / Woman Rejects Keke As Push Gift Not Knowing That A Car Gift Was Coming / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 12, 2020
Zzor:
Go and make money too
I'm not after earthly riches, I will be a billionaire in heaven.

1 Like

Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 12, 2020
J111333:
I'm not after earthly riches, I will be a billionaire in heaven.
Everybody that will eventually make heaven will be rich,so let's talk about earth
Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
HotPoundedYam:
is this Rozz? Why did you deactivate
lol,nothing too serious
Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by UDUJ(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2020
bukatyne:

cheesy grin

Reminds me of a training we did in Nigeria and a participant uploaded carefully editted pictures tagged 'Dubai loading', 'awesome training' bla bla.

I started to think maybe I went to Dubai in spirit.

We really have a gross case of lack of contentment and showoff in all facets of the society.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lmao cheesy
Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by bukatyne(f): 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2020
UDUJ:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lmao cheesy

cheesy
Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by bukatyne(f): 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2020
Jannuxajj:

I even noticed some poorer countries are more contented than us

It is a thing of the mind.
Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by Saintinoo(m): 11:13am On Sep 13, 2020
tarantino1:
The thing is Nigerians are too fucking hypocritical. They talk with both sides of their mouth.

On one hand, they'll castigate the likes of hushpuppi, while on the other side they'll indirectly criticize people doing honest work cos they don't make much.
It's almost like they're trying to insult people's intelligence.

It's in this same nairaland that a young guy who finishes poly and got a job as a firm supervisor or something, I really can't recall, but the nigga was comfortable and wasn't begging, yet over 80% of people who commented were castigating him, telling him to hustle and how he wasn't doing enough.

Make e go tif? Abeg we deserve our leaders joor. Most of the people criticizing the government are only pissed off cos they're not getting a piece of the cake. Give them and they would Praises that even David would be shocked.

One thing I've come to understand is to pay attention to what people don't say and not what they say

I dey vex abeg! We're too hypocritical (OP, even you and I are not spared). If we don't fix our mentality, Nigeria will be the same in the next 50 Years
The guy was working as a factory supervior, earning around 50k, and wanted to marry a rich man daughter who both fell in love. Nairalanders who were broke, unemployed bullied this guy.

People should stop bringing their problems online, just search for others experince and learn from it.

2 Likes

Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by tarantino1: 11:57am On Sep 13, 2020
Saintinoo:

The guy was working as a factory supervior, earning around 50k, and wanted to marry a rich man daughter who both fell in love. Nairalanders who were broke, unemployed bullied this guy.

People should stop bringing their problems online, just search for others experince and learn from it.

Thank you! That's the thread I was talking about. I couldn't remember the details specifically but I was shocked at how they were insulting and bullying this guy.

The people who did that in the other thread would see this thread and agree with the OPs point. I don't know if they are just blind to their hypocrisy or they suffer from amnesia

But that thread really opened my eye to the reality of people we have in this country

2 Likes

Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by descarado: 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
It didn't start today. It has also shown that one with money wins it all in Nigeria.
Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by ThaThinka: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
bukatyne:

cheesy grin

Reminds me of a training we did in Nigeria and a participant uploaded carefully editted pictures tagged 'Dubai loading', 'awesome training' bla bla.

I started to think maybe I went to Dubai in spirit.

We really have a gross case of lack of contentment and showoff in all facets of the society.

Are you among?
Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by ThaThinka: 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
MMotimo:
Yes, money can aid some things but it does not guarantee happiness nor peace nor health nor fulfillment nor a lot of things people see it bringing.
Unfortunately, people that think money is the solution to their issues don’t learn that it’s not till it’s too late. They spend their whole life on that struggle, thinking it’s all they’ll ever need and till the end, it never quite works out.
Don’t forget to live, enjoy your journey and remember to ALWAYS count your blessings.
Never resort to crime because in this life, before you die, you will definitely reap what you sow.

Parents - invest time and effort in your children so that they have the right value system. The truth is that in life, we often don’t need as much as we want.

Very well stated! Bless you.
Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by SifonAbasi(f): 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
Jannuxajj:
I have been on this forum for quite a while and I noticed a particular trend here. Anytime someone post about his challenges most especially relationship challenges the certain reply given to such person is " Go and make money". This might be the best advice you can give to anyone. But we all know it's not possible to make riches overnight. What do you think has been the implications of this? it has encourage the criminal inclination among our youths. when you have made them believe the only single solution to all there problem is to make money. This will make then is some way justify there greediness and comit some crime. I personally believe the best things of life are free. I just want us to try and look at non- financial values that can make life worth living. Except you are being deluded you won't make any legit money overnight.
It's not every advice you take.
Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by HotPoundedYam(m): 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
Zzor:
lol,nothing too serious
well it's a life a choices... So how about next week? Can I take you out for a dinner?

1 Like

Re: How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland by bukatyne(f): 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
crackhaus:

Lol, I can only imagine how you must have felt looking at the photos and wondering what was happening cheesy

Well, knowing where the guy was coming from as a poor orphan tossed from relative to relative, I understood his need to fake it till he made it.

Good for him, he has made it now.

Foundation is key.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Writing A Will. / Side Effects of African Parenting-Are you a Victim? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.