Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,037 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors (9862 Views)

President Jonathan Sack Striking Doctors. / Tinubu Urges Us To Assist Nigeria’s Anti-terrorism War / Sack Striking Doctors, Tinubu Tells Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 12:29am On Feb 27, 2011
These people and their conmess rubbish. Why is it so hard to understand that Lagos state is not under any obligation to dance to follow any silly nonsense put together by some national union and who to hire or fire.

If you don't like what Lagos if offering, go to ekiti or any federal hospital of your choice, it's not like Lagos is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to stay in Lagos. What's next, garbage people forming their own national group and start demanding what ever they want? Is ordering your employer around the new thing?

They keep going on and on about some silly conmess as if it's some order from heaven.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by reindeer: 12:32am On Feb 27, 2011
I dont see your anger changing anything.It's not that significant in the general scheme of things.
I wish the government pays soon and save people who use these hospitals the headache.We all know the government can care less as they go abroad to ''treat headaches'' anyway. smiley
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 12:46am On Feb 27, 2011
What anger are you talking about. The only way to save lives is to go look for your preferred employer who's willing to pay you what you want and let the people of Lagos state move on. It's not by force to work for Lagos state .
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by allycat: 9:56am On Feb 27, 2011
reindeer, Nice to see you defending our profession once more. But I actually agree with Eko Ile, if we don't like the job quit. I hate seeing us grovel and beg as if we are casual labourers with no skills. I have said it over ands over again that the only way forward in medicine is private practice. All the hospitals we run to in India and South Africa are private. In the UK and America the best hospitals are private institutions. Where you see Nigerians go as a patient to a government institution abroad it is because they cannot afford to go private. To all those that say the poor will suffer if most doctors go private I say pele, sorry whatever. Are they not suffering worse now. There are doctors and nurses are in gov hospitals now but the services they get are not up to what the average dog gets from his vet in the UK. What government should do is properly regulate the system such that there are basic minimum standards.
And by the way I am a consultant with over 20 years post MBBs and on conmess my salary pretaxation will not be more than 550K that is b4 Fasholas deductions. I was not given a car, I was never offered accomodation by the government. The only Doctors that may earn up to 800k on CONMESS will be those on GL17 equivalent to Director Generals of minitries.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by sirp2007: 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2011
tis an unguided statement from a supposed elder state-man
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by reindeer: 11:08pm On Feb 27, 2011
@Allycat
Thanks for the clarification on CONMESS because some people have really been misinformed by the politicians they worship.
Its okay to leave, i left, but for how long will that have to continue with this exploding population in the country?Something has to be done to attract and retain the best brains.I know good wages are the way to start that.
Now about standards, it is difficult expecting that when people are paid peanuts.One of the reasons people will give the kind of service they render here in the UK is because nobody wants to lose a stream of income this good.If you pay people that good then you can demand standards, the mere fact that they may lose a job paying 500k per month will make people sit up.''to whom much is given, much is expected'' let the government start with the giving part and then come down hard on poor care.I will even say they should make the doctors and nurses sign a contract that allows for them to be sacked when their practice is below par and make that a condition for paying these salaries.
Afterwards they can change the mode of recruitment from the civil service type right now to renewable contracts based on performance and the duration can be set, these will make the tedious job rewarding and at the same time ensure compliance with laid down rules and improve patient care.
Talking about private practice, i know how hard it is cos i knew people who tried and became ''humanitarian'' once patients start to beg them and these doctors ended up in big losses.The earning power of the masses have to be really good before private practice will be attractive to doctors.except you have a few humdred millions to start something big and charge really big at the same time.
When all is said and done,everyone is a victim except the politicians. The doctors in training lose valuable learning time(which i know the colleges don't care about), the patients lose good health care and the government ends up losing money because they wil still pay for all these periods people didnt work.The politicians however can travel anywhere they want on government bill and get treated alongside their relatives.
It is time to develop a good health system to be proud of, afterall, this same system produced most of us doing well in europe and the Americas.
Let this wasting of innocent lives stop,the governmet should please pay and close this chapter.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by naijaking1: 12:03am On Feb 28, 2011
Is Tinubu running for President or Governor
This man is throwing his weight around too much angry
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by alfablondy: 8:45pm On Mar 01, 2011
@allycat, @ reindeer I agree with both of u, Im a nigerian dr presently on CALL in a small island nation as i type this msg. I resign from lagos state job few years back due to d stress of the work and poor remuneration. Here both the citizens and the expatriate are on renewable contracts there is nothing like permanent employment till u retire, there is a standard expect of u to be met before renewal.

Here they take every death very seriously the drs and nurses involve in management will give an account of what happened, as a junior dr u MUST inform your consultant on call about a critical case and he MUST review the patient PHYSICALLY nt by phone msg.

We hardly loose patent here sometimes none for several months, the yearly mortality rate is about month mortality where i work in nigeria before and most time nobody cares about the course of death as we dont routinely do autopsy. D governement needs to pay health workers well and monitor the standard of care being given by the workers, then most pple will sit up. TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by salolo(m): 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
uHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by MCMLXXVI(m): 9:53am On Jan 14, 2016
See how the shameless "Progressives" tried to justify this wickedness and stuupidity.

Tomorrow another clueless ignorant imbeciile will come out and call fashola "The best governor in Nigeria's history".
Dunces drunk on their own propaganda and lies.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ok
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Kurutinto(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2022
You won't see seunmsg in this sort of thread
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
Kurutinto:
You won't see seunmsg in this sort of thread

Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 5:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
Seun the supporter of tulubu oya come and defend your master
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Vote4ObiDatti: 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
The ugly drug dealing vagabond has always been an insensitive and wicked old man. Imagine Tinubu asking Fashola to sack doctors just because they asked for better salary shocked shocked

How wicked can this man be, just one bullion van of stolen cash is enough to settle them but no, he would rather give the cash to his children to buy condos worth 2 million dollars in America.

E no go better for anyone still supporting this Bat.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by MayorOfDelta(m): 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2022
Lol is this not the same thing they accused Peter obi of?

Even peter obi was more civilized in his dealings with his people than this vagabond of a presidential candidate. Peter obi offered the doctors 60 percent pay rise but the doctors declined claiming they deserved 80-90%. Peter obi had to leave them to their own fate.

Nobody tell them make they resume work.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2022
Vote4ObiDatti:
The ugly drug dealing vagabond has always been an insensitive and wicked old man. Imagine Tinubu asking Fashola to sack doctors just because they asked for better salary shocked shocked

How wicked can this man be, just one bullion van of stolen cash is enough to settle them but no, he would rather give the cash to his children to buy condos worth 2 million dollars in America.

E no go better for anyone still supporting this Bat.

Tinubu victimised over 15,000 workers over their role in the agitation for a better minimum wage, and has refused to pay them their entitlements since February 2001,

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Bethel4Life(f): 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
Seunmsg ur attention is needed here sir grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
Wow. See the callous way he asked for doctors to be sacked even though he was not even the governor himself.

Imagine what he will do if he becomes president?!

God please help us avoid this tragedy!
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Evaremedy: 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
This is very wicked of Tinubu
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Ceenaija(m): 9:59pm On Jul 24, 2022
The man Tinubu is highly selfcentred ,accepting his advice is dangerous.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by NwaMamaIwota(f): 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
thread should grace front page too

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Group Accuses Atiku Of Tax Evasion, Asks FIRS To Release His Record / Federal High Court Reveals Deadline For Political Cases / NNPC Commences Shakeup Ahead Of Petroleum Industry Bill Implementation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.