Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,474 members, 7,830,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors (9868 Views)

President Jonathan Sack Striking Doctors. / Tinubu Urges Us To Assist Nigeria’s Anti-terrorism War / Sack Striking Doctors, Tinubu Tells Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by texazzpete(m): 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
Eko Ile:

Are you talking about the same doctors in Lagos state with free cars, free housing and health care or some imaginary doctors you made up?

If you're talking about Lagos state, then your write up remains irrelevant and ill informed. Get your facts right.

Lagos doctors don't ride Okada, they have free cars courtesy of the same Lagos state government.

Which free cars? Abeg stop quoting what Fashola said, the doctors on ground that are forced to board Okada everyday may soon resort to swearing for you.
Since this morning i've called several of my doctor friends in Lagos. They greeted the news with derision grin
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by hannie: 8:23pm On Feb 24, 2011
@LargerandDAFT

U are a bumbling ediot for u not to know that the fact that these doctors spent 10 years in school or are professionals doesnt give them a right to hold the Govt or the people by the jugular . . .what are they even fighting for ? Reinstatement of someone that should have honorably resigned his appointment before contesting public office in another state ? are u dis daft ? Yes u must be!

where have u seen a dead battery jumpstart anything . . .I guess ur impotence is what u are talking about EDIOT OF INORDINATE PROPORTIONS!  grin

The people that should be complaining are the people that sweep our roads, the highway managers not these people that have already been overpampered  . . .like someone said let them go and work under aN OGD govt, dem go know say Fashola no get equal  tongue

For crying out loud, these people are just using CONMESS to hold the state to ransom, the good-naturedness of BRF is what they are exploiting, they wouldnt have done same with Tinubu and only a fool will argue that it wasnt Tinubu that made it attractive for these doctors to really want to work with government in recent times . . .do these internet tigers know that ?  undecided for all the wrong Tinubu has/might have committed there are certain things u cant take away from him . . .lets cut ourselves some slack from always seeing wrong in others  cool
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 8:23pm On Feb 24, 2011
texazzpete:

Which free cars? Abeg stop quoting what Fashola said, the doctors on ground that are forced to board Okada everyday may soon resort to swearing for you.
Since this morning i've called several of my doctor friends in Lagos. They greeted the news with derision  grin

You really want me to believe or take a known liar seriously talk less of your faceless and made up friends?

You have no credibility, all you do is peddle lies,
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by yahla: 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2011
Going through the posts on this thread leaves little to wonder why this country remains in a mess. People reasoning with the smallest fraction of an absent brain. Some educated illiterates are just determined to keep paddling this sinking boat called Nigeria away from "Eldorado". smh!
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by texazzpete(m): 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2011
hannie:

@LargerandDAFT

U are a bumbling ediot for u not to know that the fact that these doctors spent 10 years in school or are professionals doesnt give them a right to hold the Govt or the people by the jugular . . .what are they even fighting for ? Reinstatement of someone that should have honorably resigned his appointment before contesting public office in another state ? are u dis daft ? Yes u must be!

where have u seen a dead battery jumpstart anything . . .I guess your impotence is what u are talking about EDIOT OF INORDINATE PROPORTIONS!  grin

The people that should be complaining are the people that sweep our roads, the highway managers not these people that have already been overpampered  . . .like someone said let them go and work under aN OGD govt, dem go know say Fashola no get equal  tongue

For crying out loud, these people are just using CONMESS to hold the state to ransom, the good-naturedness of BRF is what they are exploiting, they wouldnt have done same with Tinubu and only a fool will argue that it wasnt Tinubu that made it attractive for these doctors to really want to work with government in recent times . . .do these internet tigers know that ?  undecided for all the wrong Tinubu has/might have committed there are certain things u cant take away from him . . .lets cut ourselves some slack from always seeing wrong in others  cool

'Overpampered'?
Forget what fashola said, have you spoken to any of these doctors before? Do you really have a fair idea on the challenges many of them face?

LMAO at your comments on Tinubu. Unless Tinubu wants to start treating the patients himself, he will still negotiate!
CONMESS did not hold Ekiti State to ransom. It did not hold Delta State to ransom. It did not hold 11 other states to ransom. It is now Lagos that is being held to ransom abi?
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 8:32pm On Feb 24, 2011
pariski:

@ Eko ILE
I don't know who you are but your claims of free cars, free house and free health is false.
I am insider within ministry of health in Lagos state. I am not aware of free house.
Am only aware of accommodation allowance that is entitle to every civil servant that
is also applicable to doctors. Every civil servant(including doctors) pay for their health services.
No reduction. No free drugs for all civil servants.
I know no less than 40 doctors that join public transport to work. Few that uses cars
borrow from bank or raise money from their private business to purchase 2nd handed cars or
tokunbo cars.
The CONMESS is not only being fight for in Lagos state. All doctors in all states in federation went on
strike for the same. The governors in their respective state agree to pay it and the strike was
called off. Why not Lagos state? The strike has the backing of NIGERIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION(NMA).
Sacking is going to be impossible. The new doctors will still be under NMA that gives the directive.
EKO ILE you are spreading lies to confuse the forumites to turn their heart against doctors.
Let us stop the propaganda and face the facts.
The only way out is DIALOGUE not fire brigade approach.
Governor Fashola should try to involve the NMA also.
IF you have genuine proof; paste it here and let us all see.

Educate yourself first, it's very critical. Talking ignorant rubbish wont help this discussion.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by texazzpete(m): 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2011
Eko Ile:

You really want me to believe or take a known liar seriously talk less of your faceless and made up friends?

You have no credibility, all you do is peddle lies,

Haha!
All you do is just recycle the same old childish jibes. Which lies na? We all know who is the paid agent here on Nairaland, the first ever Nigeria cyber thug. Mr Eko-Ile aka babapupa.
Keep your lips firmly planted on your masters' buttcheeks. You'll go far  grin

PS: I'm surprised you haven't yet dug up some links to reinforce your claims of free cars handed over to every one of the > 1000 lagos state doctors. We are still waiting o!
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2011
texazzpete:

Haha!
All you do is just recycle the same old childish jibes. Which lies na? We all know who is the paid agent here on Nairaland, the first ever Nigeria cyber thug. Mr Eko-Ile aka babapupa.
Keep your lips firmly planted on your masters' buttcheeks. You'll go far  grin

PS: I'm surprised you haven't yet dug up some links to reinforce your claims of free cars handed over to every one of the > 1000 lagos state doctors. We are still waiting o!

Liars are nothing but freeking waste of time. My link is up there stating what the state and the doctors negotiated and agreed to.

I need you to post your own link from your imaginary doctors and friends stating otherwise.

Till you do that, you remain the same non credible liar.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by oscartawn1: 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2011
I almost wept reading the account of workingDoc.
How can a 1st hand report from a Doctor not be taken seriously? How can u believe the propaganda of the govt.? How can they reach an agreement with the doctors and default right from day1?

I am dissappointed that some people have choosed to believe a lie.

She has lost her husband already because of selflessness and now at the brink of dissapointing her children by not fending well for them. Her paychecks still reflects N110k/month. So where did Fashola or Tinubu get the N300k they r talking about?

Pls, let Fashola and his cohorts stop all these propaganda and implement the new salaries, and let us stop blaming Doctors for lose of lives. The integrity of Lagos State govt. is at stake here!
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2011
oscartawn1:

How can a 1st hand report from a Doctor not be taken seriously? How can u believe the propaganda of the govt.? How can they reach an agreement with the doctors and default right from day1?

She has lost her husband already because of selflessness and now at the brink of dissapointing her children by not fending well for them. Her paychecks still reflects N110k/month. So where did Fashola or Tinubu get the N300k they r talking about?

Pls, let Fashola and his cohorts stop all these propaganda and implement the new salaries, and let us stop blaming Doctors for lose of lives. The integrity of Lagos State govt. is at stake here!  

I need you to show me any proof to support your claim that the state is lying or anything from the doctors stating that the state is lying. Till you do that, your rant is nothing but rubbish.

He however noted that the new Lagos State Medical Salary Structure (LAMESS) is very much at par with the agreed consolidated medical salary structure (CONMESS) "except in a few areas where there are some minor differentials in the actual pay of some of the consultants."

He pointed out for example the entry point for a House Officer on CONMESS is about N219, 000 while for the LAMESS it is N207, 629.50 bringing a differential of about N12, 000; similarly for the highest paid Consultant, the new pay is N700, 015, 50 while in the old pay it is about N300, 000 although in CONMESS it is about N800, 000.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201102140343.html
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by MaiSuya(m): 9:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
I'm sorry but this is a LIE. No consultant goes home with 1million. Even professors of Medicine don't. A professor of medicine earns the same salary as a professor of soil science. The only difference is the Professor of Medicine gets a small honorarium from the teaching hospital for job hazard and hospital allowances. Its that same Honorarium a consultant gets. A new consultant is at the level of Lecturer 1 and earns the same salary as the lecturer 1 in theatre arts only difference is d honorarium.

You people should stop spreading lies.

interesting! N500,000 falls under your definition of [i]small [/i]honorarium? you gotta to be kidding me. GET it rit: a prof of medicine in a teaching hosp is in effect earning [b]two [/b]Full salaries: as a consultant (nothing below 500,000) then as a lecturer btw 300k to 500k

BTW note that I'm talking of federal here, in particular UBTH were i wrked briefly. so except you're trying to tell me that diff federal institutions offer diff pay, i really dont know where you got your figures from.

I concede it may not be up to a million, but its close to it.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by gididi: 9:57pm On Feb 24, 2011
Pls raining curses on doctors will not solve this problem. People are dying and responsible govt fold their hands and pass blames. Thats irresponsibility at highest level. Former vp Atiku travelled for leg dislocation which for sure he spent not less than  100 thousand dollars and Tinubu always travel for medical treatment. You pay roughly 300,000 naira to check your vital signs at reddington and for heart check you cough out half a million naira. They are rich and they can afford to sack all doctors in lagos. How about you? Pls before you write use your brain.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by dgr8test: 10:06pm On Feb 24, 2011
It is rather unfortunate the way and manner in which Nigerian doctors are being treated. They are one of the least paid in the world compared to the workload  and lack of proper infrastructure to work with.  People that can afford quality health service will rather travel to Ghana, South Africa, India not to mention developed countries.

Most recent graduates leave the country at the slightest opportunities to seek greener pastures in other African countries like Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and the big countries like U.S, U.K, Australia and New Zealand. Why are Nigerian doctors attracted to smaller African countries while we still delude ourself as giant of Africa? angry

I struggled to complete my medical education because I had to cope with the little resources that my parent could afford. Had to keep prostrating for so called chiefs and politician to get a government hospital for my horsemanship but eventually ended up in Eko Hospital which paid one of the least salary to junior doctors with hectic workload to compliment ur earning 'cos they have to declare profit at the end of the year. I ended up in Riyom local government in Jos for my NYSC where there was no single doctor in the whole of the local government. I had to cover four PHC clinic with a bicycle in the scorching sun covered with dust everyday. I eventually disappeared back to Lagos at the end of the service only to find myself working in a private hospital which will only recruit doctors as laborers no thanks to my parent who never have the right connection to get me a place in Government hospital where the pay is slightly better and better work related experience.

I was frustrated because of my earning, couldn't afford a decent accommodation, car not to talk of getting marry. I had to look for a way out 'cos I needed to care for my parent and sibling then myself 'cos they all contributed to my education. Contemplated of leaving the profession for IT but was not sure what lay ahead. I tried South Africa, lost my passport and money to scams. I was determined I switched gear, got admission for a master programme in UK with all my life savings which could only afford 50% of the tuition fees, no money to balance the tuition fees, living and accommodation expenses  (sorry I had to lie to the immigration officer at Deputy High Commission to secure a UK visa 'cos I was invited to proof why I deserve a UK visa). Thanks to my friends who migrated earlier to South Africa that bailed me out when I was drowning in UK to survive and complete my Msc.

Luckily for me, I wrote all the necessary exams, got job as doctor in the UK with no stress, highly appreciated, paid back all the bail out from friends, sending money to my family back Nigeria. So happy and proud to be a doctor grin  wink cool.

Nigerian government should kindly reward doctors and pay them what is right. It is not only about building and painting hospital wards without equipments.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by allycat: 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2011
I agree with all those that say sack the docs especially since we won't resign ( I happen to be one). Maybe once we are jobless we will sit back and think of how to make progress in medicine.The truth is most of us don't like the job but our orientation is that of a civil servant. We feel it is better to receive a monthly salary than face the world. So maybe we need a good kick in the behind.Is it not after Idiagbon dealt with Drs that many left and either bettered their lives in Saudi or the US or the Uk or even started their own private clinics such as Lagoon hospital or Eye foundation or St Nicholas which today are doing the kind of surgeries and procedures no government hospital can dream off. The hospitals our people rush to in India or South Africa are they government hospitals. For medicine to grow we need to get out of this civil service mentality. Where we all wait for gov to spoonfeed us and maybe if they sack us this may be the push.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by MaiSuya(m): 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2011
oscartawn1:

the 300k referred to in OP artcle was the previous salary (as Tinubu claims) of the consultant, which i doubt the lady is. She most likely is a medical officer, though I'm shocked she could still be earning such a low amount.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Nsiman(m): 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2011
So is tinubu saying workers, not only drs shldn't demand for their right or to honour agreement by implementing them? Sacking all drs in the govt employ of lagos state will generate a national strike by drs just as it happened with the ASUU . Say no to ACN because they seems to be dictators
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2011
gididi:

Pls raining curses on doctors will not solve this problem. People are dying and responsible govt fold their hands and pass blames. Thats irresponsibility at highest level. Former vp Atiku travelled for leg dislocation which for sure he spent not less than  100 thousand dollars and Tinubu always travel for medical treatment. You pay roughly 300,000 naira to check your vital signs at reddington and for heart check you cough out half a million naira. They are rich and they can afford to sack all doctors in lagos. How about you? Pls before you write use your brain.

The state is not a private individual with looted funds. This is a state of 18 million people with a lousy 2 billion dollars yearly budget.

70% pay increase in no joke especially if you still have to pay the rest of the civil service, build and repair roads, build bridges, build and equip hospitals, spend on transportation, pay state utilities, pay state agencies and many many more state commitments.

The doctors union are not even reasonable with their nation wide uniform demand because many states apart from Lagos state can not afford what they are demanding. Doctors are not the only government workers to be paid or the only recipients of state budgets.

It's really dumb to ask poor states collecting statutory allocations to pay what the federal government is paying as if these states have oil wells or some excess crude oil money to tap into.

I don't think these doctors are familiar with budgetary limitations
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2011
Nsiman:

So is tinubu saying workers, not only drs shldn't demand for their right or to honour agreement by implementing them? Sacking all drs in the govt employ of lagos state will generate a national strike by drs just as it happened with the ASUU . Say no to ACN because they seems to be dictators

You entitled to your hatred of Tinubu, but your hatred for Tinubu and his party shouldn't prevent you from reading and comprehending.

Show me where he denied them any rights.

The former governor said ,

"We have provided conducive environment for them to work and yet they are still not satisfied. It is not compulsory you work for the state government; if you are not comfortable, you can go to the Federal Government that pays more or other private establishments.

“We are not going to reinstate him (Olaifa) because the moment you subject the authority given by the constitution to blackmail, you are finished.”

It is their right to demand adequate pay which the state is not denying them and that's been negotiated with them and done with.

What they now want is not their rights because personnel matters like the right to hire and fire belongs to your employer, not you. You don't dictate to your employer regarding who to hire or fire.

And if you're not satisfied with your employer for any reason, you have every right to seek employment elsewhere and I wonder why they are not exercising that right.

Tinubu himself hired the incompetent chairman that got fired.

Btw, show me anywhere in the world where people get overnight 75% pay increase, who gets that?
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by flckr: 11:28pm On Feb 24, 2011
Am a doctor and i knw where it hurts.U all say what u lik abt us bt the truth is you are all blinded by the media propaganda.he said he agreed to pay 75% of CONMESS when in reality he just raised the pay by 1% as the present pay is just 74% of CONMESS.he claims to pay the most junior doctor 170k and the consultant 700k;WHT A LIE FROM THE PITS OF HELL.Pay slips for Dec and Jan can prove it.He taxes outside our basic salaries which is not right(call duty ie overtime and others),not done in other climes.Lagos state doctors are not more than doctors in the employ of the federal govt;just not true.
Fashola should come out and tell the world why he can't pay lagos doctors the full conmess scale but he can afford to pay judicial workers well beyond their federal counterparts cos he is a lawyer and they are the ones to help them with their various court cases.What they say is "Sauce for the goose is Sauce for the gander"
 The strike was called of last year because he agreed to our various demands which included olaifa's reinstatement;why can't he keep to his own end of the bargain.
Doctors give so much and we just can't get the real value for the jobs we do bt lagos state govt should pay us something decent.They can go on with their propaganda because they don't use these hospitals.They always leave our shores when they fall sick.
GOD HELP NIGERIA AND THE LOTS WE CALL THE LEADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 11:44pm On Feb 24, 2011
flckr:

Am a doctor and i knw where it hurts.U all say what u lik abt us bt the truth is you are all blinded by the media propaganda.he said he agreed to pay 75% of CONMESS when in reality he just raised the pay by 1% as the present pay is just 74% of CONMESS.he claims to pay the most junior doctor 170k and the consultant 700k;WHT A LIE FROM THE PITS OF HELL.Pay slips for Dec and Jan can prove it.He taxes outside our basic salaries which is not right(call duty ie overtime and others),not done in other climes.Lagos state doctors are not more than doctors in the employ of the federal govt;just not true.
Fashola should come out and tell the world why he can't pay lagos doctors the full conmess scale but he can afford to pay judicial workers well beyond their federal counterparts cos he is a lawyer and they are the ones to help them with their various court cases.What they say is "Sauce for the goose is Sauce for the gander"
 The strike was called of last year because he agreed to our various demands which included olaifa's reinstatement;why can't he keep to his own end of the bargain.
Doctors give so much and we just can't get the real value for the jobs we do bt lagos state govt should pay us something decent.They can go on with their propaganda because they don't use these hospitals.They always leave our shores when they fall sick.
GOD HELP NIGERIA AND THE LOTS WE CALL THE LEADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ texazzpete, it doesn't matter how many IDs you commandeered to spew the same lies, I'll keep trashing them all,

You are still peddling the same old gist I trashed the last time and I know the reason why you ran off to go create a new ID to sell the same garbage. You did so because I asked you to show proof to counter what the state is saying about the pay increase which obviously you can not do.

You can run, but you can not hide,

By law, the state can not pay for what's not in the state budget when the agreement was reached.

After the agreement was reached, the state demanded for an emergency session of the executive council to appropriate funds for the new pay agreement and enter it into the new 2011 budget which was done and the governor signed it already,

He noted that the State House of Assembly approved the 2011 budget two week ago and the governor gave his accent almost immediately, hence there is the need for the ministry of finance to ensure that all the details are sorted out adding that the full payment of the new salary package will commence next month with full complement of the January areas.

Said he, “what was paid in January was the old rate and that was because the House recently passed the 2011 budget. Payment of the new salary structure will commence next month when necessary arrears will also be paid”.

http://www.lagosstateministryofhealth.com/news_article.php?article_id=143

Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Nsiman(m): 11:46pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ eko lle, will the drs eat conducive whatever? why can't tinubu ask fashola to dialogue with the drs instead of calling for their sack if the drs are asking 4 a 75% pay rise? Imagine the unnecessary delays that accompanies govt activities if the drs are sacked and new ones are to be employed. Any way sacking them is illegal except the constitutn of lagos state states that workers that strikes shld be sacked automatically.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 12:00am On Feb 25, 2011
Nsiman:

@ eko lle, will the drs eat conducive whatever? why can't tinubu ask fashola to dialogue with the drs instead of calling for their sack if the drs are asking 4 a 75% pay rise? Imagine the unnecessary delays that accompanies govt activities if the drs are sacked and new ones are to be employed. Any way sacking them is illegal except the constitutn of lagos state states that workers that strikes shld be sacked automatically.

Are you following the discussion or not because it's like you're a little bit behind,

The doctors already got their 75% increase and it happened because the state dialoged and negotiated with them. They didn't get the increase by accident, it happened because of dialogue  and negotiations.

What they are now demanding is not negotiable because they have no right to dictate to their employer about who to hire or fire.

They are overstepping their boundaries. You are hired to render service and get paid for services rendered, not to dictate or engage yourself in personnel matters that's of no concern to you.

Personally, I wont fire them for demanding adequate pay which they got already, but I'll fire then without question for jeopardizing people's lives because of some sacked chairman. Who's more important, sick Lagosians or some sacked chairman who is complaining to become a lawmaker in another state? They got their priorities all screwed up.

No state should bend over or remain under any kind of strike threat because of some silly and frivolous demands.

Delays sounds way way better than jeopardizing the lives of Lagosians because of some endless and silly demands like reinstating a fired state worker.

Like the former governor said, if you are not satisfied with your employer, you are free to go look for employment elsewhere.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by reindeer: 12:18am On Feb 25, 2011
I am quite sure no one delights in loss of lives and it is regrettable.This waste of precious lives should be on the conscience of those who make and break agreements.I think the doctors have tried enough by calling off the strike last year without getting anything apart from a paper that says we will pay you in january.
Unfortunately i see many people have bought into the government propaganda concerning this strike.
Someone said something about free cars . .i laugh like mad at that, true the cars were given to the ministry of health but go out and see those who have them, it's the special assistants to the commissioner for health and the permanent secretaries and their cohorts.
The money agreed on last year when the doctors agreed to call off the strike on humanitarian grounds have still not been paid.
Let's face it, we are all human beings, the government AGREED to pay this money by january only to default.the terms of caling off the strike then was that the strike will resume if the govt defaults,and instead of people to demand accountability and integrity from the government they are calling all kinds of names.
Can someone name which single doctor in the employ of the goevrnment now collectes 700k per month?not one!its all lies and its painful that a respected govt like Fashola's is being misled by Tibubu who is politicising everything.
Its OK to erect buildings and put stuffs in them but you need Drs and Nurses to run those things and if you sacrifice human capital development on the altar of what ''people can see'' for political reasons you will still end up loosing and that is what the govt is doing right now.
Now fact remains that the govt is just whipping up public sentiments instead of facing issues and many gullible people are falling for it.
Let them go back to the table and renegotiate with them or resign. . . . i wonder when the govt will publish the salaries and emolumens of the myriad of special assistans in Alausa for people to comment on.
For all those castigating doctors:Talk is cheap.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 12:33am On Feb 25, 2011
reindeer:

I am quite sure no one delights in loss of lives and it is regrettable.This waste of precious lives should be on the conscience of those who make and break agreements.I think the doctors have tried enough by calling off the strike last year without getting anything apart from a paper that says we will pay you in january.
Unfortunately i see many people have bought into the government propaganda concerning this strike.
Someone said something about free cars . .i laugh like mad at that, true the cars were given to the ministry of health but go out and see those who have them, it's the special assistants to the commissioner for health and the permanent secretaries and their cohorts.
The money agreed on last year when the doctors agreed to call off the strike on humanitarian grounds have still not been paid.
Let's face it, we are all human beings, the government AGREED to pay this money by january only to default.the terms of caling off the strike then was that the strike will resume if the govt defaults,and instead of people to demand accountability and integrity from the government they are calling all kinds of names.
Can someone name which single doctor in the employ of the goevrnment now collectes 700k per month?not one!its all lies and its painful that a respected govt like Fashola's is being misled by Tibubu who is politicising everything.
Its OK to erect buildings and put stuffs in them but you need Drs and Nurses to run those things and if you sacrifice human capital development on the altar of what ''people can see'' for political reasons you will still end up loosing and that is what the govt is doing right now.
Now fact remains that the govt is just whipping up public sentiments instead of facing issues and many gullible people are falling for it.
Let them go back to the table and renegotiate with them or resign. . . . i wonder when the govt will publish the salaries and emolumens of the myriad of special assistans in Alausa for people to comment on.
For all those castigating doctors:Talk is cheap.

He noted that the State House of Assembly approved the 2011 budget two week ago and the governor gave his accent almost immediately, hence there is the need for the ministry of finance to ensure that all the details are sorted out adding that the full payment of the new salary package will commence next month with full complement of the January areas.

Said he, “what was paid in January was the old rate and that was because the House recently passed the 2011 budget. Payment of the new salary structure will commence next month when necessary arrears will also be paid”.

http://www.lagosstateministryofhealth.com/news_article.php?article_id=143

One thing we can all agree is true is the fact that the state is not holding them hostage with a gun to their heads to work for the state by force, they have every right to seek employments elsewhere. That's what the average Joe and Jane out there do everyday.

Please spare us the the needless talk.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by pariski(m): 12:37am On Feb 25, 2011
EKO ILE ; It seems you are Lagos state government agent on this forum.
Thank God Eko Ile that you agree the new salary scale has not been effected
It will only be effected after the end of March;2011.
Finally you agree nothing like free house; free cars and free health.
Again the state government now adjusted the maximum step you can reach in service
to step4 to prevent further rise in pay as your no of years in service increase.
Those in step6 to 11 have to be brought back to step4.
This is a great injustice.Finding all means to make sure the doctors are not well
compensated for their work and to curtail worker wages.
What is your say about this?
I want you to be factual about this. So that we can find lasting solution
to the problem.
Am waiting for your response.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by Nsiman(m): 1:08am On Feb 25, 2011
Eko lle, are u the commisioner for information, finance or health in lagos state? Do the due by negotiating with the drs to save lives.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 1:10am On Feb 25, 2011
pariski:

EKO ILE ; It seems you are Lagos state government agent on this forum.
Thank God Eko Ile that you agree the new salary scale has not been effected
It will only be effected after the end of March;2011.
Finally you agree nothing like free house; free cars and free health.
Again the state government now adjusted the maximum step you can reach in service
to step4 to prevent further rise in pay as your no of years in service increase.
Those in step6 to 11 have to be brought back to step4.
This is a great injustice.Finding all means to make sure the doctors are not well
compensated for their work and to curtail worker wages.
What is your say about this?
I want you to be factual about this. So that we can find lasting solution
to the problem.
Am waiting for your response.

What do you want me to be factual about or what I've finally agreed to? I've been posting the same thing, but many jump into the discussion without reading.

Again, by law, the state can not pay you what's not part of the law and the state's budget and that's why it was not immediately paid, but at this very minute, the agreement is now part of the state's law and 2011 budget. And free cars, housing and health care is part of the agreement. What par of that is so hard to understand.

And it's really silly to say people work for the state just because they know more than you. Everything I posted is public info and it's available to you if you really care about what you arguing about. Some of us just know where the facts are and we are not lazy to go get it.

If at the end of march the doctors are not getting paid the agreed amount, you are free to open your mouth, but till then, you are wasting y time and yours,

Why are we even talking about a settled issue when the matter here has nothing to do with pay, but more about a sacked incompetent chairman that the doctors have no say about?
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by revomind(m): 1:12am On Feb 25, 2011
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110224235418

“What we are asking for is our welfare. There was a  mutual agreement, part of which was that our leader ( Olaifa) should be reinstated. They agreed to reinstate  him before we called off the last strike but they have  not done so. “If the governor is saying Olaifa is a member of the  PDP, he should check his records. Olaifa is running  under Accord Party in Oyo State, not the PDP. We are  not politicians and we are saying is that government  should do what is right.”

Well, it seems their grouse with the government is in the sack of Olaifa. No one should dictate to his employer who to hire or fire. Unlike other professionals, doctors, as rightly pointed out by someone here, are too fond of the civil service. Their attitude with regard to this current crisis shows why. I believe if terms of employment are unacceptable to a worker, he should not hesitate to look for another job. This is what others do. Why should doctors be any different?
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by EkoIle1: 1:17am On Feb 25, 2011
Nsiman:

Eko lle, are u the commisioner for information,  finance or health in lagos state?  Do the due by negotiating with the drs to save lives.

No offense, but that sounds very re/tarded and I'll tell you why.

It's impossible to negotiated what's already been negotiated and settled, they got 75% pay increase. It's a done deal.

It's no longer about money, it's now about their sacked chairman. You don't jeoperdize the lives of 18 million Lagosians because of one human being.

Do you want the state to start negotiating with state workers about who they can hire and fire? What's your point really?

Btw, I'm not all the silly stuff you called me, but thanks for the compliments,
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by reindeer: 1:26am On Feb 25, 2011
revomind:

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110224235418

“What we are asking for is our welfare. There was a  mutual agreement, part of which was that our leader ( Olaifa) should be reinstated. They agreed to reinstate  him before we called off the last strike but they have  not done so. “If the governor is saying Olaifa is a member of the  PDP, he should check his records. Olaifa is running  under Accord Party in Oyo State, not the PDP. We are  not politicians and we are saying is that government  should do what is right.”

Well, it seems their grouse with the government is in the sack of Olaifa. No one should dictate to his employer who to hire or fire. Unlike other professionals, doctors, as rightly pointed out by someone here, are too fond of the civil service. Their attitude with regard to this current crisis shows why. I believe if terms of employment are unacceptable to a worker, he should not hesitate to look for another job. This is what others do. Why should doctors be any different?

The civil service is emplys the highest number, Not because they are ''fond of the civil service'' you can say the same thing about the NHS can't you?
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by blaksril1: 2:29am On Feb 25, 2011
Lazy bunch of doctors. If u don't like the terms of ur employment then quit nd go elsewhere. So u take okada, dats ur fat luck cos half of lagosians do. Quit ur job if u aint satisfied. Utter rubbish.
Re: Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors by blaksril1: 2:29am On Feb 25, 2011
Lazy bunch of doctors. If u don't like the terms of ur  employment then  quit nd go elsewhere. So u take okada, dats ur fat luck cos half of lagosians do. Quit ur job if u aint satisfied. Utter rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Stops Panel On Taraba State Gov's Health / Joshua Dariye’s Father Kidnapped By Gunmen / Obasanjo’s Exit Worsened PDP Crisis — Daniel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.