Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Your First Carryover Course Was? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Your First Carryover Course Was? (2650 Views)

Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying / Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? / TASUED Fresh Graduate Commits Suicide Over Possible Carryover (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your First Carryover Course Was? by daniddan1999: 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2020
What was the first course you had a carryover?
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Mr2kul(m): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2020
None... And i won't get any by the grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by psucc(m): 8:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
GNS 322 (Use of English)

Having scored 27/30 in tests. I failed to garner 13 marks out of 70 to get E grade because I didn't had N500 to buy text. 25 of us we involved. So we had to pay another Semester fee of about N12,000 in lieu of the cost of textbook.

The course lecturer was Mr. Godwin Akpan, author of the "Blind Gods".

1 Like

Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by paulolee(m): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
them plenty oo....maths for economics, intro to economics, philosophy of science dt was a gss course and financial accounting...
na too much play, party, unseriousness and most importantly young sweet year1 fresh babes naim cause the massive failures...
na then i kno say firstclass far, i learnt my lessons and tried to balance things together and read more harder but girls still de come sleep over because i gat play too n cnt kee myself with only reading na...

6 Likes

Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by lilbarracuda(m): 7:46am On Sep 11, 2020
Plenty, it was plenty
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by christejames(m): 9:35am On Sep 11, 2020
Geo101, it was suppose to be my best course because I loved that course, I don't know why I failed it, maybe because of my lackadaisical attitude immediately I got to the university (which I quickly corrected after the failure) or because I was asked to stand during the exam by my lecturer because I was aiding (abi na abetting) one of my coursemates who joined us through the supplementary list. I was consoled with the A I made in Statistics, a course which I was initially scared of.

But that failure spurred me to the top the next session when I was about to re-write it. I didn't just make an A but also became the overall best in a course that is sequence to the course I failed, I was shocked when I was called out for appreciation. As nairaland mumu, I didn't consolidate on that gain sha, but didn't have any other failure till I left school.

2 Likes

Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Shellsploit: 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
Licenced Penetration testing
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Epositive(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2020
None so far.
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
SMP 101.

NEVER PASSED THE COURSE OF SIMPING TILL DATE.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by sexymonkey(m): 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2020
Bio 101 Bio 107 Chm 101 Chm 107 Phy 107
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Buddy0: 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2020
christejames:
Geo101, it was suppose to be my best course because I loved that course, I don't know why I failed it, maybe because of my lackadaisical attitude immediately I got to the university (which I quickly corrected after the failure) or because I was asked to stand during the exam by my lecturer because I was aiding (abi na abetting) one of my coursemates who joined us through the supplementary list. I was consoled with the A I made in Statistics, a course which I was initially scared of.

But that failure spurred me to the top the next session when I was about to re-write it. I didn't just make an A but also became the overall best in a course that is sequence to the course I failed, I was shocked when I was called out for appreciation. As nairaland mumu, I didn't consolidate on that gain sha, but didn't have any other failure till I left school.

Who ask you all this ??
Just a simple question you have to write this long epistle...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
SMP 101.

NEVER PASSED THE COURSE OF SIMPING TILL DATE.
u're a simp angry

1 Like

Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by abercrombie(m): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2020
well my first carry over and probably would be last was EDS202,was in lagos hustling when my exam was fix on jan 3rd,i couldn't travel to kogi state cus of TP nd Money issue,so tried contacting a course mate he agreed to write on my behalf,but unfortunately he still betrayed me not writing the exams,but i still thank God for my GP which is very much better than his own...
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Iceyjayzz(m): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2020
I had only maths carryover, the rest was A and B until I graduated.
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2020
Carryover in UI? It would have been crazy! Anyways, I almost had one in 200 level sha, GES 104 (SCIENCE, INDUSTRY AND MANKIND), hmph, I read and read and read but I barely understood it lol, I believe I had 43 in that course. Lol, narrow escape and the following year pass mark was increased to 45 in UI. Oh yea, one French language course like that. It was 400 level and the then HOD of Modern European Studies (prof Aiyeleru the only handsome man with tribal marks I know of) took us on grammaire, baba travelled and asked Dr Iniola (not real name sha) to set exam questions for us, of course we all prepared for grammaire na and because we knew it was Dr Iniola who had been asked to set and invigilate the exam as a grammaire lecturer we had to prepare extra hard (I never even had 7 points in his course all through my stay in school, chai!). Anyways sha, hmph, that's how the slated date came oooo, exam was in Faculty of Arts LLT, maka why na? We were only 14 students so why large lecture theater nitori Olorun (for the love of God)? Okay na, we prepared for it so no shaking! Baba oya share the answer booklets and exam paper na, he did oooo, hmph I think I must have been one of the last to have been one of the last persons to have been handed the question paper because I can vividly remember how others had paused for a long while looking like they were trying to decode some stuff, hmph make e no be wetin I dey reason o because I normally am the worst in grammaire (give me la littérature, l'histoire, la culture et civilisation, l'archéologie ou bien l'anthropologie and trust me to ace thème! But GRAMMAIRE IS MY NIGHTMAIRE). Anyways, I finally got handed the exam booklet and guess what?! I was faced with an entirely different thing, I've forgotten the course but lemme give an example, it's like reading for chemistry only for you to be faced with geology. Hmph, even Marie (not real name) who was Beninoise and one of the best couldn't even answer any question until about 30 minutes later then how much more a complete Nigerian? Hmph, I'm sure I must have spent 1 hour out of the 2 hours 30 minutes trying to understand the questions and why the wrong questions had been set in a grammaire course. Anyways, right there and then (and the second time after GES 104) I knew I had really failed and would be carrying over the course. No one smiled out of the exam hall that day, no single soul! I even heard some of my course mates went to Chapel of Resurrection to pray. Me, I jejely went home (my uncle's) to go inform them of my unavoidable failure and carry over, make we no waste time. Ahan, I never carried over any course na for my final year I wan come fail carry over a course? Which of my Ijebu people followed me to the exam hall? Lol. Anyways sha, upon the arrival of prof Aiyeleru in second semester, in one class held like that, he informed us that we'd have to write a test because if we didnt, then we were all bound to have an extra year, ah! As expected, lol, that's how we sat for another test and I managed to have maybe 3 or 4 points out of 7 points sha. Oouuuufffff, devil is a liar!!! I no go be first person to carryover a course in my family.
I almost didn't graduate self because I was terribly ill while writing my project (wrote my project on the hospital bed in Jaja). That one is story for another day! I repeat, DEVIL IS A LIAR, LOL!

5 Likes

Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by christejames(m): 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2020
Buddy0:

Who ask you all this ??
Just a simple question you have to write this long epistle...

Give your own answer as it pleases you and swerve from my mention if you can't read long post I didn't make or direct the post to you.

2 Likes

Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Haywhymido(m): 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2020
hmmm, Eng 101
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by remi1444: 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2020
None. if you know how Ambrose Alli University Law is structured, you'll have to thank God on my behalf because if I see some of my peers results, I will have nothing else to do than to thank God for his goodness and mercies for the past 4 semesters.

1 Like

Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Dreamliner787(m): 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2020
Never carried any course thoo. but FUTA students out here.. how many of you guys carried GNS106 grin grin grin grin
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Dreamliner787(m): 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
Carryover in UI? It would have been crazy! Anyways, I almost had one in 200 level sha, GES 104 (SCIENCE, INDUSTRY AND MANKIND), hmph, I read and read and read but I barely understood it lol, I believe I had 43 in that course. Lol, narrow escape and the following year pass mark was increased to 45 in UI. Oh yea, one French language course like that. It was 400 level and the then HOD of Modern European Studies (prof Aiyeleru the only handsome man with tribal marks I know of) took us on grammaire, baba travelled and asked Dr Iniola (not real name sha) to set exam questions for us, of course we all prepared for grammaire na and because we knew it was Dr Iniola who had been asked to set and invigilate the exam as a grammaire lecturer we had to prepare extra hard (I never even had 7 points in his course all through my stay in school, chai!). Anyways sha, hmph, that's how the slated date came oooo, exam was in Faculty of Arts LLT, maka why na? We were only 14 students so why large lecture theater nitori Olorun (for the love of God)? Okay na, we prepared for it so no shaking! Baba oya share the answer booklets and exam paper na, he did oooo, hmph I think I must have been one of the last to have been one of the last persons to have been handed the question paper because I can vividly remember how others had paused for a long while looking like they were trying to decode some stuff, hmph make e no be wetin I dey reason o because I normally am the worst in grammaire (give me la littérature, l'histoire, la culture et civilisation, l'archéologie ou bien l'anthropologie and trust me to ace thème! But GRAMMAIRE IS MY NIGHTMAIRE). Anyways, I finally got handed the exam booklet and guess what?! I was faced with an entirely different thing, I've forgotten the course but lemme give an example, it's like reading for chemistry only for you to be faced with geology. Hmph, even Marie (not real name) who was Beninoise and one of the best couldn't even answer any question until about 30 minutes later then how much more a complete Nigerian? Hmph, I'm sure I must have spent 1 hour out of the 2 hours 30 minutes trying to understand the questions and why the wrong questions had been set in a grammaire course. Anyways, right there and then (and the second time after GES 104) I knew I had really failed and would be carrying over the course. No one smiled out of the exam hall that day, no single soul! I even heard some of my course mates went to Chapel of Resurrection to pray. Me, I jejely went home (my uncle's) to go inform them of my unavoidable failure and carry over, make we no waste time. Ahan, I never carried over any course na for my final year I wan come fail carry over a course? Which of my Ijebu people followed me to the exam hall? Lol. Anyways sha, upon the arrival of prof Aiyeleru in second semester, in one class held like that, he informed us that we'd have to write a test because if we didnt, then we were all bound to have an extra year, ah! As expected, lol, that's how we sat for another test and I managed to have maybe 3 or 4 points out of 7 points sha. Oouuuufffff, devil is a liar!!! I no go be first person to carryover a course in my family.
I almost didn't graduate self because I was terribly ill while writing my project (wrote my project on the hospital bed in Jaja). That one is story for another day! I repeat, DEVIL IS A LIAR, LOL!

Naso people dey fail Exam.. Na just one simple question OP ask oo.. wey this one don write text book finish

2 Likes

Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Dreamliner787(m): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2020
sexymonkey:
Bio 101
Bio 107
Chm 101
Chm 107
Phy 107
Guy, you deserve a gold medal.

1 Like

Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Mr2kul(m): 5:01pm On Sep 11, 2020
Iceyjayzz:
I had only maths carryover, the rest was A and B until I graduated.
I guess you graduated with 1.1?
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
Dreamliner787:

Naso people dey fail Exam.. Na just one simple question OP ask oo.. wey this one don write text book finish
Na you come sabi that one, you wet savi book! We don't see you. Who asked you how people fail? Mtcheeewww.
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by sexymonkey(m): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2020
Dreamliner787:

Guy, you deserve a gold medal.
True, If I tell people about my grades they'll say I'm joking.
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by sageb: 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2020
I Never had any carry over during my uni days. Determination and God's Grace.
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Dreamliner787(m): 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

Na you come sabi that one, you wet savi book! We don't see you. Who asked you how people fail? Mtcheeewww.
Lol.. Lady, you Tripping.. grin, but hold on lol.. Are you a futarian? And did you fail the course?
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2020
Dreamliner787:

Lol.. Lady, you Tripping.. grin, but hold on lol.. Are you a futarian? And did you fail the course?
No, I am not. It's obvious my comment was for laughs but you didn't see that. I never carried over a course but thought to recount the times I had almost carried over some courses.
Anyways, no, I graduated from the University of Ibadan! I didn't fail the course
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Dreamliner787(m): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

No, I am not. It's obvious my comment was for laughs but you didn't see that. I never carried over a course but thought to recount the times I had almost carried over some courses.
Anyways, no, I graduated from the University of Ibadan! I didn't fail the course
Ehyaa.. Thank God for you, but hey, You still Tripping thoo grin grin grin
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2020
Dreamliner787:

Ehyaa.. Thank God for you, but hey, You still Tripping thoo grin grin grin
Thanks!
Bro na your palava be that one oooo. Lol.
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Dreamliner787(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

Thanks!
Bro na your palava be that one oooo. Lol.
Hehe. grin. Are you from Cameroon?
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
Ade 101 gsp 101 gsp 106 edu 102 ade 152 ade 123
Re: Your First Carryover Course Was? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2020
Dreamliner787:

Hehe. grin. Are you from Cameroon?
You didn't read my comment abi?
I'm Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exams May Commence Immediately After Resumpition -ASUU Warns / ATBU Graduates / I.Q Test: Do You Wanna Know If You Are A Genius?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.