Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Lionel Messi Signs Long-awaited Three-year Contract… But Not With Barcelona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Signs Long-awaited Three-year Contract… But Not With Barcelona (778 Views)

Messi Signs Two-Year Contract With PSG / Rising Karting Star, Ugo Ugochukwu Signs Long Term Agreement With McLaren / Pogba Agrees A Whopping £350k-a-week Deal With Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Signs Long-awaited Three-year Contract… But Not With Barcelona by Great100000: 8:28am On Sep 11, 2020
Premier League partner Budweiser have joined forces with the global icon - yes, to confirm, he's staying at Barça.

He's the King of Football - and now he's in association with the King of Beers.

After months of speculation about his future, Barcelona captain Lionel Messi has signed a three-year deal with Budweiser in a huge coup. The Argentinian will become one of the global ambassadors of the company, and to introduce the collaboration, Budweiser have released “They Say” - a film designed and Messi’s journey of self-belief as he heads into his 20th professional season.

The film also reveals the soon to be released limited-edition Lionel Messi bottle – available at select bars and retailers now across India, Columbia, Argentina, Chile, China, Vietnam, Spain and Russia. Hopefully, it comes to the UK soon.

“I’m excited to partner with Budweiser to share my journey that was based on a determination to be the best player I can be,” Messi himself said of the partnership.

“Day after day, year after year, it took sacrifice and hard work to reach my dreams. Hopefully fans around the world will find inspiration in my story to commit to their craft and never give up on greatness, no matter how hard the journey.”

Messi has had a busy summer to say the least.

Rumours of his unhappiness at Barcelona first appeared at the start of lockdown, following a couple of fallouts last season and a change in the management role when Ernesto Valverde was replaced by Quique Setien.

Barça's failure to retain their title was met by even more whispers of uncertainty. Of course, it all came to a head after the 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich, with transfer gossip intensifying.

Leo may have quelled that recently, but he's still the most talked-about fooballer on Earth right now.

Whether or not Messi leaves Barcelona at the end of the season remains to be seen. At least, for now at least, he's signed a long-term deal with a giant of their particular field.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/amp/news/lionel-messi-signs-a-three-year-contract-but-not-with-barcelona

Re: Lionel Messi Signs Long-awaited Three-year Contract… But Not With Barcelona by PlayerMeji: 8:46am On Sep 11, 2020
Top of his game for 20 seasons, that was how he was discovered because he was top of his game.

But I think he has like only 2 good seasons in him because of his work rate on the pitch..
Re: Lionel Messi Signs Long-awaited Three-year Contract… But Not With Barcelona by Great100000: 8:50am On Sep 11, 2020
PlayerMeji:
Top of his game for 20 seasons, that was how he was discovered because he was top of his game.

But I think he has like only 2 good seasons in him because of his work rate on the pitch..
Na so oo
Re: Lionel Messi Signs Long-awaited Three-year Contract… But Not With Barcelona by Sollykay41(m): 8:54am On Sep 11, 2020
Great news

Meanwhile, you can own a 1 acre (six plots) of land with just #500,000 in our ongoing promo. Book an appointment with us today
Re: Lionel Messi Signs Long-awaited Three-year Contract… But Not With Barcelona by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 11, 2020
This people really want to tie Messi down
Re: Lionel Messi Signs Long-awaited Three-year Contract… But Not With Barcelona by bestower: 9:15am On Sep 11, 2020
Messi...the greatest footballer ever.Ronaldo the greatest human footballer ever...Give your brain some work to do,if you understand my message.
Re: Lionel Messi Signs Long-awaited Three-year Contract… But Not With Barcelona by DaddyRochie1642: 9:35am On Sep 11, 2020
bestower:
Messi...the greatest footballer ever.Ronaldo the greatest human footballer ever...Give your brain some work to do,if you understand my message.

You're a Wise Man
Re: Lionel Messi Signs Long-awaited Three-year Contract… But Not With Barcelona by ojaysam25(m): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

You're a Wise Man
Wise for spewing rubbish

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Signs Long-awaited Three-year Contract… But Not With Barcelona by paulolee(m): 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2020
nice one but i still expect him to end up in city after this season..
Re: Lionel Messi Signs Long-awaited Three-year Contract… But Not With Barcelona by paulolee(m): 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2020
PlayerMeji:

if messi drops to midfield and act mostly as a playmaker than as a winger, he can play for many more years to come..
all he needs are jus sharp attackers and good markers so he dnt av to stress himself with goals and marking..
zlatan and cr7 are still doing it, messi can even last till 40..

(1) (Reply)

This Is Not Barcelona Or Chelsea Stadium,this Is A Stadium In South_south Nigeri / Super Eagles Star Ahmed Musa Is Now Without A Club (see Why) / Top Notch VIP Betting Tips Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.