Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

#investor 419 How A Investor In Switzerland Is Duping Nigerian Start Ups Legally - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / #investor 419 How A Investor In Switzerland Is Duping Nigerian Start Ups Legally (144 Views)

NTA Assigned Channel 419 On DSTV / Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? / You Are Legally Dead And Will Remain Dead, Court Tells Man (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#investor 419 How A Investor In Switzerland Is Duping Nigerian Start Ups Legally by sbabs1(m): 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2020
Jobberman Nigeria acquired 100% of NNcareers is a sad story of recolonization by a ROAMing firm in Switzerland, a 'tiny' country in Central Europe. I call this #BizImperialism just as Kwame Nkrumah a Ghanaian pan African nationalist and ex president President once predicted this as #NEOcolonialism.

The firm is a testament of what yoruba call Bi ìya nla ba gbeni san lẹ̀ keke ke a si gun oriẹ̀.(when you are ensnared into BIG problem, small trouble will trample on you.)

I watched industrious tact of jobberman founders( Ayodeji Adewunmi Opeyemi Awoyemi & Opeyemi Olalekan Olude ) & how they grew the brand despite zero work experience. I took a keen interest in how these 3 founders were ‘chased’ out of the business after they got funding from foreign venture capitalist. (NeoColonialist). Yes the ROAMing firm gave them a share, Details of this #entrepreneurship expedition is an open book on google.

Though bringing in an Ex-Mckinsey Manager who currently pilots the affair isn't a bad choice, after all she is an African abi? But I have few issues with where the money is going after all this.

Raising fund for business expansion isn’t bad, but I wish Paul Eze founder of NGCareers would rethink this and partner with real African firm somewhere in #africa.

Recall Jumia was also started by young Nigerians, so the same way you can't really call Jumia an African brand, never attempt to call #Cheki, #ZoomTanzania , #Brightermonday #PrivateProperty #Jobberman an African Brand anymore.

the issue
ROAMing firms and some so called angel investors are every where in Africa looking for viable ideas and indigenous businesses to swallow up.

I foresee NGCareers turning into a learning platform soon even as Jobberman is beaming its lights into e-learning web, NGCareers as a brand is a better option for learning brand but must a foreign company take over great ideas from us?

Government in Africa must turn its search light on some of the so called funding arrangements by these unfriendly friends and set out a major monitoring strategies so real owners of ideas dont eventually turn to employees in their hard earn businesses just like Juima, Jobberman more recently NGCareers.

Young business owners must also guide their ideas especially ownership. I also think they should think long term, ist it?

#Tech
#Jobberman
#Ngcareers
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: #investor 419 How A Investor In Switzerland Is Duping Nigerian Start Ups Legally by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2020
This article is very ignorant of the fact that they didn't put a gun on these people head to collect VC cash or to sell their company.

Jumai wasn't started by any African guys, those guys were employees rather then owners.

The only stuff you are right about is that many of your glorified startups in Nigeria are owned by foreign investors, many of the CEOs are employees.

You can either bootstrap your company and owned 100% or go to VC and fast track your growth but it comes with a cost, there is no free money anywhere.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Digital Product Reach N100,000 Before Launching / Video: Why You Should Urgently Change Your Pin Number / Tyuthghdf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.