Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,432 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC (16951 Views)

Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents / Where In Nigeria Can I Find At Least 15 Hours Power Supply Daily? / Ikeja Electric Plans 24 Hour Supply To GRA Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by Reference(m): 7:18am On Sep 12, 2020
I cannot see how this can be implemented. Who will be the time keeper and how many referees will be appointed round the nation.

And then for heavens sake will this not further seperate the princes from the peons. If I am only able to harvest five tubers of yam in a town of five thousand you can be certain it is only the king's household that will eat.

All these drama cannot lead us anywhere. Once again, the problems besetting Nigeria is that of capacity and the solution round it is deregulation but as long as we love 'straight jacketed' governance we will continue to lack.

Individuals, corporate bodies, private organisations presently have more installed capacity than the entire GENCOS put together. That is how Nigeria has survived for 40 years. The real 'private sector" has powered itself.

To get out of this mess that is where a cerebral goverment starts. Organise the nation around clusters and incentify current consumers who have potential capacity to be producers so that you can begin to 'lighten' the grid.

All my adult working life and into business has been spent around massive generating plants some of which can power whole communities. What is wrong with goverment setting up structures to take this spare capacity on behalf of the needy.

People do it all the time for water, roads, security and other social/CSR initiatives. To do it commercially will surely be a pleasure.
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by proclinician: 7:25am On Sep 12, 2020
bioemmy:
It's a lie from the pit of hell.
My house is unmetered.
We pay 3k a month previously..
Guess what?
Our bill for September they brought some days ago is 13k cry.
Asked them why? They said government has increased electricity tariff.
They will have to come and disconnect their light last.
We are our greatest enemies in this country.

From 3k to 13k o boyeeee

1 Like

Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by superability(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by PenHub: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2020
No wonder here, they now keep the light for close to half of a day. To justify the 9k they brought up from N3000. Nigeria is going no where At all
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by AerialMapper: 7:34am On Sep 12, 2020
These people should have mercy on us and be taking our light small!

What changed exactly? It wasn’t like new power plants came on-stream; a tariff hike and suddenly there is constant power!
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 12, 2020
The simple thing is that no unmetered customer should pay anything until they are metered.
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by Exponental(m): 7:40am On Sep 12, 2020
Why are you people celebrating failures with this new tariff. You will only make matters worse for some people. Those discos will hide under less than 12hrs and not service those people and focus on more than 12hrs since it will give more pay. Let there be equity pls. Every Nigerian deserves electricity.
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by tamdun: 7:48am On Sep 12, 2020
God punish una, give people meter so that they can control what they use
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by Merimental(m): 7:54am On Sep 12, 2020
DigitalLogic:
Please sell the country and give me my share. I am no longer interested

they said Nigeria is my fatherland. Come and show me where my biological father's portion is? I want to sell it

grin guy u dey vex o
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by JONSYN7154: 7:58am On Sep 12, 2020
Romanoff:
How will these liars identify those without 12 hours supply?
no mind those useless people.
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by Merimental(m): 8:00am On Sep 12, 2020
MemoriesAndMe:
How is the 12 hours of electricity measured? If an area enjoys electricity from complete 3 days and zero electricity for the remaining 4 days of the week, where is the 12 hours calculated from? Mean, Mode or median?

u ar sharp indeed. ppl like u actually give som hope dat not every educated person in Nigeria is Dumb like f**k.
nice

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by Bluntemperor: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2020
Originakalokalo:

So much dishonesty.

.lies.

Everyone does whatever he wants.

How can DISCO be Charging Double Prices when there is no corresponding Services?
The Govt that agreed this is both guilty of Systemic Fraud by deceiving the people for there is no improvement in DISCOs and GEMCO.
In Ikorodu,every week is 3-days ON and days 2- days Off and the Ikeja Disco had already changed the price to double-Charging,both on those using Pre-paid-Meters and those they still charge Estimated-Billings without equivalents Services that should be 24-Hours,Nigerians are in darkness and are paying for darkness.Too Shameful!
Is this the way to get industrialisation?Just Negodu!
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by hush15: 8:06am On Sep 12, 2020
ogododo:

In short, if you get like say 12hrs and 30mins, it concerns you. Smh, it is still amazing how Nigerians allow such travesty. Let's see how long Nigerians can live with it
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by BreconHills(m): 8:09am On Sep 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
Who are they decieving ...I have less than 12 hours of Electricity and I am currently running on gen right now as I type yet I have been put on Band A billing

The right thing to do is to gather your evidence and then complain in writing and in person. If you have not taken the least of these steps why should anyone spend time reading about it. We have a penchant in this country for complaining on the internet while doing nothing to ameliorate our situation. It's a Nigerian thing. Evil thrives when good men keep silent.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by oriewanbe: 8:10am On Sep 12, 2020
Lie lie DISCOs
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by DaInferno(m): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2020
I WISH EVERY NIGERIAN WILL JUST CORPORATE AND PAY WHAT THEY LEAST PAID BEFORE THE HIKE
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by Mregomuch: 8:20am On Sep 12, 2020
ogododo:

Should it not even be a HUGE same dat at ds tym u guys are talking abt 12 hrs of electricity....wow !!!!!What colossal ineptitude...msthewwww !!
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by LadySarah: 8:29am On Sep 12, 2020
Just got 42k as Bill and we get abt 8hrs 15days a month cos it's rationed a day on a day off
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by newk007(m): 8:38am On Sep 12, 2020
It is well with our nation

Let your data work for you, not a get rich quick scheme but with consistency you can make over 400,000 naira within 3-5 months, with zero capital.

For more info check my signature
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by lukency(m): 8:58am On Sep 12, 2020
As usual the nonsense NERC is at it again, lieing to Nigerians.I am a resident of gwagwalada fct where we hardly enjoy 5 hours power supply in a day but we were not exempted from the notorious tariff hike.
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by litaninja(m): 9:07am On Sep 12, 2020
And who is ensuring this?
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by ggood: 9:10am On Sep 12, 2020
here in my area we have up to 21 to 22 hours of electricity per day that mean they will kill us with bill
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by politeme: 9:14am On Sep 12, 2020
Shameless government
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by GamalNasser: 9:31am On Sep 12, 2020
BreconHills:

The right thing to do is to gather your evidence and then complain in writing and in person. If you have not taken the least of these steps why should anyone spend time reading about it. We have a penchant in this country for complaining on the internet while doing nothing to ameliorate our situation. It's a Nigerian thing. Evil thrives when good men keep silent.

I am already keeping a log of the hours I get Electricity but I know nothing will be done ..I know the PHCN very well
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by ursullalinda(f): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2020
djperoski2010:

I get under 12hrs power a day and am not paying a dime cuz gov wike says no meter no pay. If they come to my house i'll beat them up without remorse

You are very lucky!
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by BreconHills(m): 9:35am On Sep 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

I am already keeping a log of the hours I get Electricity but I know nothing will be done ..I know the PHCN very well

Well done. Take is as far as you can then bring it to the media. You will get the backing you need. Who knows you could be the next consumer protection authority

1 Like

Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by jamace(m): 9:52am On Sep 12, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

SAI BABA!!!!!!!
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by adecz: 10:20am On Sep 12, 2020
This government always comes
up with totally unworkable policies
& everyone suffers in the process...
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by Miracle1991: 10:33am On Sep 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
Who are they decieving ...I have less than 12 hours of Electricity and I am currently running on gen right now as I type yet I have been put on Band A billing
liers will go to hell.
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by GamalNasser: 10:40am On Sep 12, 2020
Miracle1991:
liers will go to hell.

Since I made that post it's almost 12 hours ago and my gen is still running since then ...I swear they haven't even flashed the Electricity..
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 12, 2020
lies there is no place that receives 12hr supply in Nigeria.
Re: Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC by Zarha: 11:48am On Sep 12, 2020
Gullible people

I have an almost new iPhone 8plus gig 64gig for sale.
Colour:Rose Gold
Condition: The phone is new, Very clean not a single scratch (New)
Price (165k) negotiable but no silly negotiations

Phone has accessories if you want to buy it comes with charger and earpieces... Original follow come
Accessories: 7k
Call 07030363986

IPhone 8plus (256 gig black colour also available.) very clean price 180k negotiable but no silly negotiations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mahdi Aliyu Gusau Picks Nomination Form, To Contest Against Matawalle / Etekamba Umoren Accused Of ₦22bn Theft Among New RECs Appointed By Tinubu / CBN Probe: Influential Nigerians Seek Tinubu’s Soft Landing Over $5bn FX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.