Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,283 members, 7,954,117 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection (14268 Views)

Landlord Cautions Tenants On Sex Noise, Pastes Notice On The Board / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by kherlly(m): 9:05am On Sep 12, 2020
StPete:

Your rent never expire but you're owing him still? Are you contradicting yourself?

No... I understand what I wrote.... To drag the case with him when I was cashless won't do me any good so I reach an agreement with him due to the fact I lost my receipts and he claim not to have a copy. The agreement we conclude makes me to owe him.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by GavelSlam: 9:05am On Sep 12, 2020
Dangrace01:
Chai

My guy for Australia said the government issued a restriction that no landlord should collect house rent and no morgage bank to collect money from any landlord, so this Corona Virus period no house rent in Australia

God please take me away from Nigeria

But in America 22 million are expected to be homeless by November.

In UK, rents and mortgages are still paid.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:05am On Sep 12, 2020
Only few hear the story of landlord whenever there is disagreement between them and tenants
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by Luckydubby7(m): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2020
True true no easy oooo
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by bestower: 9:11am On Sep 12, 2020
I just came through it last week,infact it was hell of a fight between us,thank God I survived the payment into another apartment. Its gonna be terrible next year.I pray for all tenants to see miracle in there jobs and avert the upcoming embarrassment.
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by landforeast(m): 9:12am On Sep 12, 2020
More reason to plan having your own House no matter how small you started. We have lands for sale from 300,000 up in Lagos and other Cities in Nigeria. There is nothing like having a house of your own.
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:14am On Sep 12, 2020
Dangrace01:
Chai

My guy for Australia said the government issued a restriction that no landlord should collect house rent and no morgage bank to collect money from any landlord, so this Corona Virus period no house rent in Australia

If you labour and take years for you to build your house without support from the government, you have the Legal right to collect your house rent as agreed in a signed deed or contract between you and your tenant.
It could be that the government of Australia have prepared palliatives and support for the landlords to have given such a directive

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by Dangrace01: 9:19am On Sep 12, 2020
TOPCRUISE:

If you labour and take years for you to build your house without support from the government, you have the Legal right to collect your house rent as agreed in a signed deed or contract between you and your tenant.
It could be that the government of Australia have prepared palliatives and support for the landlords to have given such a directive

It was palliative from government during covid
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by SmartPolician: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2020
Xstremebj:
Naija Landlords are one of a kind grin

Naija landlords are better than oyibo landlord

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by surgical: 9:31am On Sep 12, 2020
Dangrace01:
Chai

But in Nigeria the government is increasing Tennant woes by adding stamp duty to the mix thereby increasing the amount payable by the tenants.
Though the people get the kind of leaders they deserve,they deserve buhari and the type of unfeeling leadership he is giving them

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by Brushstrokes20: 9:33am On Sep 12, 2020
Pathetic!... The shithole urgently needs a leader!
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by blowjohn(m): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2020
emrain:

FTC and this is what you do with it? You have the same brain with Buhari.

Back to the matter; Nigerians won't be able to cope with monthly rent either. Nigerians are poor. Nigerians can't afford basic amenities like electricity, water, etc.
Yet, they see their leaders loot billions of dollars with impunity.

When will you wake up and demand good government?

When will you come together and fight for your rights?

Revolution is coming!

U have the same brain like Buhari.
Which revolution?
Oya enter street start the revolution na.
I dare u to.
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by Dangrace01: 9:42am On Sep 12, 2020
surgical:
But in Nigeria the government is increasing Tennant woes by adding stamp duty to the mix thereby increasing the amount payable by the tenants.
Though the people get the kind of leaders they deserve,they deserve buhari and the type of unfeeling leadership he is giving them

This government is inconsiderate to the masses
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by Animaxwell(m): 9:44am On Sep 12, 2020
Don't blame these landlords guys. Most of them virtually depends on these house rents as their sole source of income.
If you know how much it costs to buy land and build a house then some of you wouldn't be here saying trash about these people.
Just imagine investing close to 100mil in a particular business, only to be told that you won't make get your money back, nor gain because of circumstances that is not your making... I'm sure none of you would want to invest such fund in business and still beg for food.

An average Nigerian benefits nothing from this nation so don't expect these landlords to have chills on tenants...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by surgical: 9:46am On Sep 12, 2020
Dangrace01:

This government is inconsiderate to the masses
The masses deserve what they are getting
How can you as a business owner hire an incompetent person to manage your business,and you watch him ruined your business without doing anything,that is what the people have done and the results is clear for everyone to see
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by Dangrace01: 9:53am On Sep 12, 2020
surgical:
The masses deserve what they are getting
How can you as a business owner hire an incompetent person to manage your business,and you watch him ruined your business without doing anything,that is what the people have done and the results is clear for everyone to see

I have said it before Nigerians are the most wonderful people on Earth, it's suprising that we just keep quiet as government keep pushing us to the wall
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by sweetrace(f): 10:09am On Sep 12, 2020
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

Buhariiiii this man has finished this country.

Is he the cause of COVID-19? Most countries are facing this problem.
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by AmazingELixir: 10:17am On Sep 12, 2020
sweetrace:

Is he the cause of COVID-19? Most countries are facing this problem.

Sweetheart, too bad you still don't know Buhari is the cause of all the problems we are facing in this country..

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by byinks(f): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2020
Abalado:
This Dec self go get as e go be,, because Covic one nine has done damage to many things,but they yeye leaders care not ,,,no landlord can disturb me by next year I swear,bcs ago ask am if him no they Nigeria

Landlord won't disturb you. But evict you he will...
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by Abimbola29(m): 11:00am On Sep 12, 2020
my tenant rent has been due since April,I just chose to let her be,she even put to Bed july I had to even give her something self.people are really pass through alot this days due to the pendemic but e go better last last

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 12, 2020
blowjohn:

U have the same brain like Buhari.
Which revolution?
Oya enter street start the revolution na.
I dare u to.

You're a disgrace to your family. Kindly piss off.
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by blowjohn(m): 11:09am On Sep 12, 2020
emrain:

You're a disgrace to your family. Kindly piss off.

See painment!
Go start the revolution na.
U go chop beans tire for cell
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by Minjim: 11:36am On Sep 12, 2020
I am a private school teacher.
My rent was due on the 1st September. By God's grace I was able to pay my landlord that lives in the same compound with me about 67% of the money on the 1st of September.
You won't believe he saw me this morning and was asking for the balance.
This a man I've told I have only collected January salary this year. My school is still owing me February and March o

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by Thomthom(m): 11:59am On Sep 12, 2020
emrain:

FTC and this is what you do with it? You have the same brain with Buhari.

Back to the matter; Nigerians won't be able to cope with monthly rent either. Nigerians are poor. Nigerians can't afford basic amenities like electricity, water, etc.
Yet, they see their leaders loot billions of dollars with impunity.

When will you wake up and demand good government?

When will you come together and fight for your rights?

Revolution is coming!
When?
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by iyke4(m): 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2020
If you ask the government what the lockdown has achieved, they won’t be able to say it achieved any tangible thing. They should open up the whole economy so things can get back in order.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by adenigga(m): 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2020
Thomthom:
When?

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by okine4real: 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2020
This is exactly what i was telling someone yesterday, Nigeria needs to be structured in such a way that, people cant hide under excuses. I told my friends yesterday that, when a tenant dies, the family, the deceased leaves behind would want the landlord to give his family one year or even two years free rent. i told them, what then happens to the landlord? if the rent fee is only money the landlord/landlady uses to survive, what would then happen? A tenants would leave in another persons house, would drink beer everyday, go to club, flex then when its time to pay rent, they would be telling landlord stories. If you observed, in private school, after three weeks or one month, the proprietor starts sending back children that are yet to pay there school fees, because of this approach, it has being registered in parents head that, after a particular time, if they fail to pay school fees, there children would be sent home, so even if the parent is drink beer, or clubbing, you know your children would be sent home if you fail to pay school fees. Now look at the approach of prepaid meter, even if a tenant die, immediately that apartment units gets exhausted, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE LIGHT, they would find a way to buy units, they know they cant do illegal connection, so even before the unit gets exhausted, they would be making arrangement for the purchase of units, but yet they would not want to pay landlord. its until things like this are tackled, people would be hiding under the system. And the country would not grow. i know people that would use hot plate to cook, they would switch on there AC from Morning till night, tell them to pay 8k nepa bill, they would ask you if they are running a factory, now they make use of prepaid meter, previously they make use of 100units for 3 weeks, they would not switch on Ac ohh, know hot plate ohh, they would not even dear switch on water heater, now tariff is 54 Naira, would they not use light? they would use light because, with prepaid you cant do illegal connection, know matter how this guys drinks beer, they would always reserve money for Nepa UNITS because they know, they cant hide under the law. and in my house, you dear not do illegal connection, if you try it, its me and nepa officials that would come and arrest you. In one of my place tenants kept 900k nepa bill for me and left, in another location, they had already heap 800k again for me, if prepaid meter had being in existence before now, i wouldn't have this problem did i use the light? nope, but Nigerians always like to transfer there problems to another person. what am saying is, using prepaid meter as a case study, they cant hide under any law, if you dont have units, you cant have light. so if a tenant knows if you dont have money to pay rent, your load would be thrown outside, you would see tenants minimizing the amount of beer intake etc and they would pay there rent promptly and also and most importantly, they would start building there own houses in villages or interior part of the state where they reside because they know, if they die, there family would be thrown out.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by onyxo76(m): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2020
same reason I'm shutting down a branch of my business and staying put in my permanent site from now on, no need paying rent when I can have my clients come to the permanent office instead. this year sha
Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by judility(m): 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2020
April 2, some of my tenants have not paid me even before this corona gets here, now the are using it to beg for patient, but truly I feel like evicting all of them, but..... I still have sympathy for some, especially a lady that is a teacher, but my patient is truly running over, I really need the cash for for now...

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by sweetrace(f): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2020
AmazingELixir:

Sweetheart, too bad you still don't know Buhari is the cause of all the problems we are facing in this country..

That’s being myopic. He is not the only one in government. Each state has a governor that should be accountable to the people in their state. We have ministers, commissioners... who treat Nigeria like their personal bank account. We have the governed, everyday people who have no conscience, no compassion. Who rob people blind on their own level. If they ever get the opportunity to rule, Nigeria will have nothing in its coffers.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Cash-strapped Tenants Face Ejection by AmazingELixir: 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
sweetrace:

That’s being myopic. He is not the only one in government. Each state has a governor that should be accountable to the people in their state. We have ministers, commissioners... who treat Nigeria like their personal bank account. We have the governed, everyday people who have no conscience, no compassion. Who rob people blind on their own level. If they ever get the opportunity to rule, Nigeria will have nothing in its coffers.

Sweetheart the fish starts decaying from the head....If the head is rotten the body follows suit ..The man at the helm of affairs in this case the Fish head is a disaster.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AMAZING + BUMPER + SUPER COOL= MISSILE OFFER, LEKKI ROYAL GARDEN WITH C OF O / Estate Agent Dupes Fleeing Ikorodu Residents Of Over N50million / Affordable Architectural Design Building Construction for intrested nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.