Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,778 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Hedonism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hedonism (2046 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hedonism by Kobojunkie: 10:21am On Oct 24, 2020
Tamaratonye5:

..And again, I don't see how my discussing in the "Religion" section prevents me from[b] challenging religious doctrines [/b]and ideas.

There are people who believe that faith and reason are mutually inclusive. Any reluctance to reconcile both is simply a pointer to the absence of logic in most religious beliefs, and it's no fault of mine. If you don't like me pointing out the absurdities of religious beliefs and asking for evidence, it's no skin off my nose.
Either way, I've modified my OP accordingly. So please feel free to ignore.

Challenging religious doctrines? undecided
Pointing out the absurdities of religious beliefs? undecided
Asking for evidence? undecided
absence of logic in most religious beliefs?

Did someone remove the sign on the door or what? Last I checked, the sign read "Religion", not "Philosophy" nor "Logic"/"Critical reasoning".
Anywho...moving on now ....
Re: Hedonism by Tamaratonye5(f): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Challenging religious doctrines? undecided
Pointing out the absurdities of religious beliefs? undecided
Asking for evidence? undecided
absence of logic in most religious beliefs?

Did someone remove the sign on the door or what? Last I checked, the sign read "Religion", not "Philosophy" nor "Logic"/"Critical reasoning".
Stop the whines already. My intentions were made perfectly clear in the OP from the start:
Tamaratonye5:
I have often heard hedonism decried by pretentious superstition, but can someone offer any rational or moral reason why pursuing earthly sensual and self indulgent pleasures is to be avoided?

I mean as long as no one else is harmed or exploited to obtain them, where’s the harm? I mean what else is there anyway?

Rational answers needed please
If you knew you couldn't comply to the terms given at the beginning of the thread, and had no compelling rational or moral argument to give besides religious rhetoric, you could have just avoided the thread instead. Your failure to read and understand the OP is nobody's fault here. Stop embarrassing yourself.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Kobojunkie:
Anywho...moving on now ....
Yes, please, move on. You have no point.

1 Like

Re: Hedonism by Dtruthspeaker: 10:56am On Oct 24, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
One word sire. It shouldn't be hard for you to give, if you fully enough understand what you profess to know about this supreme being Deity

Sir, if I have Supplied many words and you fail to accept them, how then shall you accept "One word?"
Re: Hedonism by orisa37: 12:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
Nature gives Pricks to men and Vagina to women. God gives Humans Light(interests, aptitudes and innate abilities); Goodness and Life.. God gives Riches and Wealth and CONSCIENCES to discipline us in the good USE of all these Spirit Gifts.

Remember It's DISCIPLINE THAT THE LORD WAS EMPHASIZING WHEN HE SAID, "JOHN CAME NOT EATING, YOU SAID JOHN HAD THE DEVIL AND NOW THE SON OF MAN COMES EATING AND DRINKING YOU CALL HIM A GLUTTON AND A DRUNKARD".

ADAM AND EVE WERE INDISCIPLINED AND BECAME DISOBEDIENT TO EAT THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT.

DISCIPLINE IS KEY TO OBEDIENCE AND TO SUBSERVIENCE TO WISDOM KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING. GOWON, OBJ AND GEJ APPLIED DISCIPLINE TO RULE SELFLESSLY. BUHARI NEEDS DISCIPLINE TO STOP RULING THE SOUTH OF NIGERIA LIKE A PLUNDERING MIYETTI ALLAH FULANI TERRORIST. HE DOESN'T KNOW A THING ABOUT UNITY

HEDONISM IS USING NATURE'S GIFTS IN A CIVILIZED WAY WITHOUT WASTE.
Re: Hedonism by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:06pm On Oct 24, 2020
In the beginning God made man to be happy all through, and that includes pleasure in everything we do.
But there is a problem, people will soon become many on the surface of the earth and since each will like to derive pleasure in different ways, measures must be put in place to curb excesses so that we don't hurt the feelings of our fellowman in the process of pleasure seeking. So God planted a (symbolic tree) the fruit of which must not be eating by any man:- the knowledge of good and evil!
This means each person may try to set his own standard but in order not to cause friction due to difference in hobbies there must be one source of guidance that's supreme.
Well our first parent (Adam and Eve) felt such is not needed back then, they challenged God's right to set standards but today we can all see the consequences of their rebellious act.
There is nothing in seeking pleasure because God never created us to suffer, it wouldn't even speak well of him as a loving Creator if he did not make room for our pleasure. But then we need to put nature itself and other intelligent creatures around us into consideration.
So we need to be balance in the pursuit of self pleasure! smiley
Re: Hedonism by MuttleyLaff: 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Sir, if I have Supplied many words and you fail to accept them, how then shall you accept "One word?"
Try me nah.

All that's asked you is to give an incontrovertible objective evidence for the supreme being Deity, in ONE word, thank you very much and so not to run the risks of any of all these obfuscation.

It shouldn't be hard for you to easily provide this one word that gives objective evidence of a supreme being Deity to Tamaratonye5, if really you fully understand what you portray yourself to know and left yourself into about the supreme being Deity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deeper Life Members Are Angry Over The Invitation Of Gospel Artists To now sing / Obasanjo Goes To School / Will Jesus Ever Come Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.