Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,551,235 members, 5,880,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 26 September 2020 at 06:55 PM

Hedonism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hedonism (374 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hedonism by Tamaratonye5(f): 4:21am On Sep 16
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Wrong! This is the interpretation of the matter.

"My brother's ex wife" meaning she is single and free to mingle, without limitation. grin
What has that straw man attempt to troll a response got to do with your erroneous claim, or my refutation?
Re: Hedonism by Tamaratonye5(f): 4:30am On Sep 16
Dtruthspeaker:
Tamaratonye5 post=93906331:

This an argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy. No claim assertion or belief is validated because it can’t be disproved. The claim is irrational by definition.
It is not a fallacy because because I was laying Up A True Fact which is Seen not for the purposes of giving validity but to direct that all men are Automatically Disqualified from commenting on the validity of these matters.
It is a fallacy, I suggest you look it up and reread your original claim here=>
Dtruthspeaker:
No man is in a Position to validly Rebut this Claim because You Do Not Know Anything About How You came about
As I said, no claim is validated because of a lack of contrary evidence, thus your claim is the very definition of an argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy, and is therefore by definition irrational…

Seriously go and educate yourself. If you don’t understand a common logical fallacy like an appeal to ignorance fallacy no wonder your posts are irrational tosh.

Dtruthspeaker:
Therefore, everyone is entitled to their own preference.
That one is called a straw man fallacy. Again I urge you to look it up and try to understand what it means.

Tamaratonye5:
The first paragraph is just bizarre, how does anything in it remotely evidence any deity?
I’ll repeat this as your unintelligible disjointed rant doesn’t address my question at all. Go back and read what you said, then explain how you think it evidences any deity.

Your posts suggest you’re either barking mad or trolling, I can’t decide yet, but there is no objective evidence that anything in nature is designed, and your phone & car analogies are asinine nonsense.
Re: Hedonism by Tamaratonye5(f): 4:35am On Sep 16
Dtruthspeaker:
And that is my case you have just established for me, No Man Is Qualified to Challenge or Question The Validity of He Whom we call God, just as the Phone can not challenge its ownership in the hands of man
I’ve challenged it for crying out loud, you just can’t or won’t recognise the rationale used.
Re: Hedonism by MuttleyLaff: 4:55am On Sep 16
Tamaratonye5:
I have often heard hedonism decried by pretentious superstition, but can someone offer any rational or moral reason why pursuing earthly sensual and self indulgent pleasures is to be avoided?

I mean as long as no one else is harmed or exploited to obtain them, where’s the harm? I mean what else is there anyway?
There is nothing wrong with pursuing earthly sensual and self indulgent pleasures, inasmuch, it is done the 3 Rs concurrently - the right time, the right way/moment and still remaining on God's right side/good side.

The point is that, the greatest hedonism one can have in life is when in the midst and whole of it all, God is glorified and when we are most satisfied through Him. Ultimate hedonism, physical and spiritual pleasure, personal or intimacy between one and partner, should be a greatest pursuit of pleasure, that is the pursuit of pleasure in Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, in the ever presence of God, such manners that God is glorified and you are, whatever is, are pleasurably satisfied, most, in Him.

I am sorry, I put the cart before the horse. I should have first asked you, what to you, is your, the ultimate pleasure?

cc: Tmach137, Dtruthspeaker, ggirl4real, DeeVann, Hathor5, ThothHermes, MrBrownJay1
Re: Hedonism by Tamaratonye5(f): 4:56am On Sep 16
Tamaratonye5:
Can you demonstrate any objective evidence for any deity?
Still waiting for any sort of answer from Dtruthspeaker?? You have ignored my question countless times, though I can guess why.

1 Like

Re: Hedonism by MuttleyLaff: 5:16am On Sep 16
Dtruthspeaker:
The Bible advocates for Balance and Reasonable Pursuits of Happiness, so that you hurt no one whether your fellow man or Your Owner, The Lord God, Who has only granted and given you permission to use His Things in a Reasonable Way.

That is what the Bible Counsels, for your continuous good preservation.
Wow! Gbam!

Tamaratonye5:
The bible also advocates slavery, and portrays a vicious capricious deity, that commits indiscriminate mass murder, even torturing a new born baby to death at one point to punish its parents for conceiving it in an adulterous affair, and causing a global genocidal flood. All the while encouraging its followers into acts of evil ethnic cleansing, and the sex trafficking of female prisoners. So your claim is baffling.

[quote author=Tamaratonye5 post=93881806]Besides, why should I care what the bible says anymore than any other work of fiction?
You dont have to care what the bible says anymore than any other work of fiction. It is the beauty of having the gift of freewill and to freely exercise using this gift, without fear or favour to see the Bible anyhow to decide to see it. It is your God given prerogative

Tamaratonye5:
Can you demonstrate any objective evidence for any deity?
I see their inanimate effigies, I see some of them with their bloody, filthy, dirty and unkempt looking shrines about. I see worshippers of these deities performing religious acts et cetera. Are these good enough objective evidences of these deities and/or so called purported demiurges
Re: Hedonism by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:06pm On Sep 16
MuttleyLaff:
There is nothing wrong with pursuing earthly sensual and self indulgent pleasures, inasmuch, it is done the 3 Rs concurrently - the right time, the right way/moment and still remaining on God's right side/good side.

The point is that, the greatest hedonism one can have in life is when in the midst and whole of it all, God is glorified and when we are most satisfied through Him. Ultimate hedonism, physical and spiritual pleasure, personal or intimacy between one and partner, should be a greatest pursuit of pleasure, that is the pursuit of pleasure in Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, in the ever presence of God, such manners that God is glorified and you are, whatever is, are pleasurably satisfied, most, in Him.

I am sorry, I put the cart before the horse. I should have first asked you, what to you, is your, the ultimate pleasure?

cc: Tmach137, Dtruthspeaker, ggirl4real, DeeVann, Hathor5, ThothHermes, MrBrownJay1

The greatest pleasure on earth is FREEDOM...freedom to do whatever you wanna do, whenever you wanna do it and however you wanna do it. Sadly, anyone controlled by a holybook cannot understand that because they have to abide by that holybook' s rules and regulations (not their own)

God is "your" everything, while there are people out there whose everything is bigger than what your God allows you to do/feel/be/experience etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hedonism by Dtruthspeaker: 5:26pm On Sep 16
Tamaratonye5:

Still waiting for any sort of answer from Dtruthspeaker?? You have ignored my question countless times, though I can guess why.

I have answered you but I have seen and now come to the conclusion that you are unstable as water and float as a ghost (as is your natural right) and nothing can be settled with you, neither the ground below your feet nor the sky above your head.

Everything exists as you will and ceases to exist as your proclivities dictate. You do not stand or fall by anything, even the simple request of your name turned into a lengthy unprofitable and unsettled argument.

There is no gain in this, you hold your opinion, I hold mine.

1 Like

Re: Hedonism by Dtruthspeaker: 5:32pm On Sep 16
Tamaratonye5:

I’ve challenged it for crying out loud, you just can’t or won’t recognise the rationale used.

I did address it but with you, if one asked you if you had eyes, for the next one year, you shall contend with your opponent about "eyes" and the issue of whether you have eyes will never be resolved!
Re: Hedonism by MuttleyLaff: 3:09am On Sep 17
MrBrownJay1:
The greatest pleasure on earth is FREEDOM...freedom to do whatever you wanna do, whenever you wanna do it and however you wanna do it.

Word. Gbam!

Somebody please pass this my guy, MrBrownJay1, this chilled bottle of orijin. Plus send him a truckload of kolanuts as well and after that, consider him sharp sharp, next governor in waiting of his state of origin.

Right on point on the greatest pleasure on earth is "freedom". Wehdone Sir! Please drink responsibly though.

MrBrownJay1:
Sadly, anyone controlled by a holybook cannot understand that because they have to abide by that holybook' s rules and regulations (not their own)
There is no imaginative sadness anywhere and I am yet to see any "holybook" put a gun to anyone's head, threatening to blow the person's brain out, if he/she doesn't abide by the "holybook's" so called rules and regulations

MrBrownJay1:
God is "your" everything, while there are people out there whose everything is bigger than what your God allows you to do/feel/be/experience etc
God is Omniscient. God is All. God, whether you acknowledge it or don't acknowledge it, is God your everything too, albeit if only you allow Him to be so.

There are people out there whose everything is bigger than what God allows them to do/feel/be/experience et cetera. Case in point, A&E's everything was bigger than what and all God allowed/permitted them to do/feel/be/experience et cetera. With the greatest pleasure on earth: FREEDOM, as you succinctly put it, abused and misused and with the departure of God from A&E's sphere of influence, A&E confusedly become gods in ruins.

You see my dear friend, it is no secret that all creativity/creation each have the fundamentally right of existence and by rights, this means they're to exist and to, without arm-twisting, hindrance, coercion, force, threats, duress freely express themselves,

One of the deepest secrets, is that, life is a process of discovery, a process of creation, as it were. You are discovering yourself, you're writing a script as you develop characters, and thus, you're creating yourself as you want to be, hopefully anew.

Honestly speaking my dear friend, God honors creativity/creation, actually His creature particularly; human beings that is and allows them to be participants in their own creation. Why? I sense you asking. Well conventional wisdom, has it that, a man is only truly ever complete and human once he has reached theosis.

Here is another point, whatever creativity is, it is in part, a solution to a problem, but creativity requires experience and experience comes from life while your life is, you with the freedom of experience and freewill, expressing yourself. Now, watch carefully, the magic that occurs, when you give a person just enough comfort, to be themselves. Case in point, Satan, Adam and Eve, Pharaoh, Balaam, Judas Iscariot, King Agrippa, our very own, NL world Religion forum famous Tamaratonye5, even you too yours truly MrBrownJay1 et cetera and et al.

God respects His creation/creatures, respects your creativity, your creative space, hence the reason why you have the gift of freewill. The power to talk anyhow you want to talk, to type anyhow you feel like typing ...

The greatest thing about life is this. The acknowledgment of God in life. This is the greatest example and what we all should be doing in everything. Giving gives thanks from knowing that, in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Knowing that God works all things for our good

Bottom line, we are not prisoners of a predetermined future (i.e. an already prior written script) but we are giving the freedom to determine what and however we want to be

cc: Blabbermouth, kkins25

(1) (2) (Reply)

Step By Step / . / Ode To The Lord....'magnify The Lord'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.