Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

My New Striker Signing Must Be Ready To Compete With Kane - Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My New Striker Signing Must Be Ready To Compete With Kane - Mourinho (296 Views)

Sarri Reveals New Role For Victor Moses: He's To Compete For Spot With Hazard / Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) / 'don't Tell Me About Harry Kane' ! Mourinho Blast Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My New Striker Signing Must Be Ready To Compete With Kane - Mourinho by MckenzieSkyBlog: 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2020
Tottenham boss, Jose Mourinho has revealed the kind of center-forward he will be looking for in the ongoing transfer window, the kind that won't be afraid to compete with top striker Harry Kane.

Mourinho made public on Friday his desire to bring in a forward to complement talisman Harry Kane, adding that he does not understand why Tottenham's pursuit of a new striker receives so much scrutiny compared to other teams.

When asked if Spurs were looking for a striker who could potentially displace Kane, Mourinho pondered why the clubs like Chelsea, Manchester City, and Liverpool could have several world-class options while his team relied solely on Kane.

Mourinho cited former club Chelsea as an example of a side who can buy top forwards despite already having quality options.

Speaking to reporters, Mourinho said that a back-up option is not what he's after, rather he is after a striker that will be happy to join the team and will be ready to compete with the likes of Harry Kane, Erik Lamela, Son Heung-min, and Lucas Moura.

"I said before I don't like the 'back-up' situation, I also don't like the profile of player who doesn't want to come to us.

"You look to all the other top clubs and they have many options at centre-forward and that question doesn't appear. I don't want managers to misinterpret my words.

"But, for example, [Timo] Werner went to...SEE MORE HERE

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Messi Needs A Break / Benin Fans Lament Shutout From Ogbemudia Stadium For Eagles Vs Leone Stars / Osimhen: Why I Want To Repay Gattuso At Napoli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.