Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 (2272 Views)

Naomi Osaka Vs 'Coco' Gauff At Australian Open 2020 3rd Round / Serena Williams Defeats Naomi Osaka / US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Seun(m): 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2020
Naomi Osaka faces Victoria Azarenka in the final of the socially distanced tennis tournament. Players and officials wear masks.

Victoria Azarenka is in great form. She won the Cincinnati Masters last month; after Naomi dropped out from the final due to an injury. She also defeated Serena Williams to get to today's final. Serena defeated Vika 6 - 1 in the first set but lost the last two sets 3 -6, 3 -6.

Naomi Osaka has a very slight handicap. She's playing with her thigh taped up to prevent the injury from flaring up again.

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Friendlyjoe: 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
My money is on Naomi Osaka
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by todaynewsreview: 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2020
Naomi Osaka may be favourite but Victoria Azarenka may use her 'old man's experience to win this one. I go with Victoria Azarenka.
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Seun(m): 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2020
Friendlyjoe:
My money is on Naomi Osaka
I love Naomi but her game this year has been hit and miss. Her serve comes and goes. Sometimes she makes a lot of errors. I hope she wins.

2 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2020
Lalasticlala come and move Seun thread to fp shocked

6 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Odunayomi247(m): 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2020
a
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2020
Seun:

I love Naomi but her game this year has been hit and miss. Her serve comes and goes. Sometimes she makes a lot of errors. I hope she wins.
Poor journalism. No link, No picture...I dey shame on ur behalf.

2 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by pamcode(m): 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2020
Serena lost again. Eyah that Margaret Court record looks like it will stand. Azarenka for the trophy.
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by DelTel(m): 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2020
Azarenka all the way
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by pamcode(m): 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2020
Ab0bi:
Poor journalism. No link, No picture...I dey shame on ur behalf.
Lol you sabi the person you quote?
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Seun(m): 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2020
Azarenka is outplaying Naomi. She's dictating the play even when Naomi is serving. She's making Naomi have to run all over the back of the court.
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
pamcode:
Lol you sabi the person you quote?
You think this is my first acct on NL?

Fvckoff kiddo.
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Seun(m): 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
todaynewsreview:
Naomi Osaka may be favourite but Victoria Azarenka may use her 'old man's experience to win this one. I go with Victoria Azarenka.
She broke Naomi already. Twice. sad
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Seun(m): 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2020
Naomi started walking off the pitch before Azarenka returned her last shot. I hope she can fix whatever is going on in her mind quickly.
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Madibah(m): 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2020
Naomi na my crush grin
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 12, 2020
Team OSAKA.
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Seun(m): 9:57pm On Sep 12, 2020
It's as if Osaka is slowly remembering how to play tennis, but I hope it's not too late. Naomi breaks back after being broken by Vika. Trails 1 - 2.

Naomi hasn't had to play any top player recently. Maybe that's why she started this match on a very low level. Things are looking better now.

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Seun(m): 10:07pm On Sep 12, 2020
Osaka just played a really dominant service game. I don't know what was wrong with her before. She's now playing like herself. Some quality stuff.
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Seun(m): 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
Finally, Osaka leads 4 - 3 in the second set after breaking Azarenka. Her groundstrokes are good, she's serving well. IDK what was wrong before.

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 12, 2020
Seun:
Finally, Osaka leads 4 - 3 in the second set after breaking Azarenka. Her groundstrokes are good, she's serving well. IDK what was wrong before.
That's one thing I love about Osaka.Destroy her in the first set and she'll surely make life difficult for you in the next two.By the way what are your thoughts on the men's open final between Dominic thiem and Alexander Zverev?
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2020
Ab0bi:
Lalasticlala come and move Seun thread to fp shocked
abi naw

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2020
Ab0bi:
You think this is my first acct on NL?

Fvckoff kiddo.
lol, they don't know
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2020
frg
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Seun(m): 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2020
NegroAcheiver:
That's one thing I love about Osaka.Destroy her in the first set and she'll surely make life difficult for you in the next two. By the way what are your thoughts on the men's open final between Dominic thiem and Alexander Zverev?
I don't follow men's tennis. cheesy

Osaka broke Azarenka a second time to win the second set. Things are looking good for us Naomi fans.

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by todaynewsreview: 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
Seun:
She broke Naomi already. Twice. sad

Let's see how the third set goes
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2020
Seun:

I don't follow men's tennis. cheesy

Osaka broke Azarenka a second time to win the second set. Things are looking good for us Naomi fans.
Wow I thought you would even know more on the men's game than the female wing.Well we all have our preferences.Osaka's constant attack was really superb, azarenka couldn't cope most times.I see Osaka winning now.
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Seun(m): 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2020
NegroAcheiver:

Wow I thought you would even know more on the men's game than the female wing. Well we all have our preferences.
The women are way more interesting to me because I'm male, I guess.

Osaka's constant attack was really superb, azarenka couldn't cope most times.I see Osaka winning now.
Yeah. She's dictating play now. She's doing exactly what Azarenka did to Serena in the semi-final. Leading 3 - 1 in the final set, yay!

2 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Seun(m): 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2020
Naomi saved 3 breakpoints and has now extended her lead to 4 - 1 in the final set

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2020
Seun:

Yeah. She's dictating play now. She's doing exactly what Azarenka did to Serena in the semi-final. Leading 3 - 1 in the final set, yay!
Yes you noticed too.I honestly wanted Serena to get into the final but it wasn't to be.Serena v Osaka would have been a more quality match-up.But I'm really happy to see Osaka doing well for herself at such a young age.Rolland Garros comes calling next even though I think she won't win it.

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Seun(m): 10:48pm On Sep 12, 2020
Somebody should teach this lucky young man (Osaka's boyfriend) how to use the nose pin on his mask.

5 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Omoluabi16(m): 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2020
Good one Naomi. No 3 slam incoming.
Re: Naomi Osaka Vs Victoria Azarenka - US Open Final 2020 by Neimar: 10:58pm On Sep 12, 2020
Osaka shocked shocked shocked grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inside Lionel Messi’s $9M Luxurious Miami Apartment Ahead MLS Move (photos) / Kanu And Okocha Who Is More Famous? / Rihana In South Africa Supporting Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.