Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? (2546 Views)

IVM Cruise Unveiled In Enugu By Governor Ugwuanyi / Young Man Thrills Ladies With His “Customised Vehicle” In Enugu. Photos / Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by Peppermintflav: 12:26am On Sep 13, 2020
Plus who knows where I can get my AC system vacuumed in Enugu? Most technicians here don't even have manifold guage. Pls if you know, point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by Peppermintflav: 7:43pm On Dec 18, 2020
This problem led me into learning about auto AC. Most technicians don't have vacuum pump, nor manifold guage. I must confess where I'm learning , the guy doesn't have either. But I'm just gaining the practical experience. I have bought my manifold guage and will soon order for vacuum pump. Im using my honda CRV as a lab rat grin
I removed the condenser which I felt was small and replaced it with a bigger type. (Lexus RX300) shocked and now under 2:00pm sun I don't feel hot..
I'm using this opportunity to tell my Enugu residents that if you want ice cold AC that is done right holla..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by chronos00: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2020
Peppermintflav:
This problem led me into learning about auto AC. Most technicians don't have vacuum pump, nor manifold guage. I must confess where I'm learning , the guy doesn't have either. But I'm just gaining the practical experience. I have bought my manifold guage and will soon order for vacuum pump. Im using my honda CRV as a lab rat grin
I removed the condenser which I felt was small and replaced it with a bigger type. (Lexus RX300) shocked and now under 2:00pm sun I don't feel hot..
I'm using this opportunity to tell my Enugu residents that if you want ice cold AC that is done right holla..

I have a vacuum pump, if you need one. I'm around Onitsha though. Also have UV dye aerosols and blacklight for leak detection. I no be AC technician o, na situation make me go buy all those things, as you observed no reasonable AC tech with correct equipment for this side.

Finally once you understand the principle of AC operation, diagnosis and fixing no too dey complicated with the right equipment.

After the condenser upgrade, how much more refrigerant did you add to the system, considering the factory refrigerant volume was expanded?

4 Likes

Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by Peppermintflav: 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2020
chronos00:

I have a vacuum pump, if you need one. I'm around Onitsha though. Also have UV dye aerosols and blacklight for leak detection. I no be AC technician o, na situation make me go buy all those things, as you observed no reasonable AC tech with correct equipment for this side.

Finally once you understand the principle of AC operation, diagnosis and fixing no too dey complicated with the right equipment.

After the condenser upgrade, how much more refrigerant did you add to the system, considering the factory refrigerant volume was expanded?
Bros I won't lie, na my boss fill the system. And he has no guage. His system is to fill small check the return. Till the return hose is very cold. But it took a while cos of the big condenser. Once I get my vacuum pump I'm discharging the whole system and I will buy Harp gas or Snow and use my scale to weigh while recharging.

modified
Is your pump for sale?
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by homeboy205: 7:55am On Dec 20, 2020
Peppermintflav:

Bros I won't lie, na my boss fill the system. And he has no guage. His system is to fill small check the return. Till the return hose is very cold. But it took a while cos of the big condenser. Once I get my vacuum pump I'm discharging the whole system and I will buy Harp gas or Snow and use my scale to weigh while recharging.

modified
Is your pump for sale?

What is the best AC gas you’d recommend ??
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by Peppermintflav: 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
homeboy205:

What is the best AC gas you’d recommend ??
Harp Gas

Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by homeboy205: 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
Peppermintflav:

Harp Gas

Thank you
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by osato45: 9:13am On Dec 22, 2020
Peppermintflav:

Harp Gas
what's the essence of vacuuming my ac system, does vacuuming check for leaks?

If I fill my compressor with r134a refrigerant how long is it supposed to last before I top up, assuming I use my ac 5 times a week?
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by Peppermintflav: 2:50pm On Dec 22, 2020
osato45:

If I fill my compressor with r134a refrigerant how long is it supposed to last before I top up, assuming I use my ac 5 times a week?
Vacuuming removes air and moisture from the system. This leaves room for only gas to go round your ac system. This in turn gives better cooling. Besides... air and moisture mixed with gas and oil causes chemical reaction within the system and with time causes damage to the compressor/ the entire ac system.

An ac system done properly without leaks will stay up to a year without topping gas.
I remember my sister's 96 Carina e. The car was used for 5years plus, and the ac was never worked on for a day.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by chronos00: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2020
Peppermintflav:

modified
Is your pump for sale?

Lol it took some effort and cost to source the vacuum pump, at the moment it's not for sale, I just assist people with vacuuming as requested.

Meanwhile make we try dey environmentally responsible, though situation can make it hard sometimes. These refrigerants are not so wonderful for the environment
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by chronos00: 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
osato45:

In addition to the reply above, yes, a vacuum pump can detect AC system leaks, however to pinpoint the exact source of the leak you would need additional tools.

Sealed AC systems can work for years, as long as there are no leaks or malfunctions

4 Likes

Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by homeboy205: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2020
Peppermintflav:

Vacuuming removes air and moisture from the system. This leaves room for only gas to go round your ac system. This in turn gives better cooling. Besides... air and moisture mixed with gas and oil causes chemical reaction within the system and with time causes damage to the compressor/ the entire ac system.

An ac system done properly without leaks will stay up to a year without topping gas.
I remember my sister's 96 Carina e. The car was used for 5years plus, and the ac was never worked on for a day.

Boss I was just gonna ask you this oo. Never top up my car ac for 3 years and it’s chilling in hot sun at lowest.

From a little glass transparent on the AC line I can see the gas is low. But AC still chill.

I wanted to top up but I am staying by the rule, if it’s not broken don’t fix it

Please advise

1 Like

Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by Peppermintflav: 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
homeboy205:

Boss I was just gonna ask you this oo. Never top up my car ac for 3 years and it’s chilling in hot sun at lowest.

From a little glass transparent on the AC line I can see the gas is low. But AC still chill.

I wanted to top up but I am staying by the rule, if it’s not broken don’t fix it

Please advise
You just said it all. If it's not broken don't try to fix it grin
It's still chilling because of the last vacuum wey oyibo do b4 dem ship the car.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by Peppermintflav: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2020
chronos00:

Lol it took some effort and cost to source the vacuum pump, at the moment it's not for sale, I just assist people with vacuuming as requested.

Meanwhile make we try dey environmentally responsible, though situation can make it hard sometimes. These refrigerants are not so wonderful for the environment
What can we do na? We met it like that we leave it like that grin
It'll be nice to have that recycling machine though.
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by osato45: 6:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
Peppermintflav:

is vacuuming same as manualing realising gas from the low pressure line valve using a pin, just like how road side guys who fill cooking gas cylinders, they fill gas into a cylinder from another cylinder, then still release the gas still just to reduce the amount of air in it.
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by Peppermintflav: 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2020
osato45:
is vacuuming same as manualing realising gas from the low pressure line valve using a pin, just like how road side guys who fill cooking gas cylinders, they fill gas into a cylinder from another cylinder, then still release the gas still just to reduce the amount of air in it.
Nah.. nothing close to it. There's a machine called vacuum pump. You hook it up to the ac system , plug it in ecectricity and leave it for nothing less than 30mins.it will suck out all the air and moisture in the ac lines and components.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by osato45: 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2020
Peppermintflav:

Nah.. nothing close to it. There's a machine called vacuum pump. You hook it up to the ac system , plug it in ecectricity and leave it for nothing less than 30mins.it will suck out all the air and moisture in the ac lines and components.
thanks boss for this, I appreciate.
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by homeboy205: 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
Peppermintflav:

You Na OG I swear
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by alphaNomega: 12:50am On Dec 24, 2020
homeboy205:

Please advise
how?
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by chronos00: 6:08am On Dec 24, 2020
alphaNomega:
how?

Lol, have no fear

That little detail he mentioned is a pointer that he may own an older model vehicle, or a non-North American model vehicle.

Many older vehicles used the R12 refrigerant system which was the predecessor of the R134a system in most cars on the roads today. With the R12 system, there's a sight glass in the engine bay connected to the AC hoses that indicates the level of refrigerant present in the system.

The R134A system eliminated the sight glass.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by homeboy205: 6:58am On Dec 24, 2020
chronos00:

Lol, have no fear

That little detail he mentioned is a pointer that he may own an older model vehicle, or a non-North American model vehicle.

Many older vehicles used the R12 refrigerant system which was the predecessor of the R134a system in most cars on the roads today. With the R12 system, there's a sight glass in the engine bay connected to the AC hoses that indicates the level of refrigerant present in the system.

Lol you explain it perfectly, I owned a camry
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by alphaNomega: 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
chronos00:

Lol, have no fear

oh thank you
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by chukel(m): 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2020
Peppermintflav:
Plus who knows where I can get my AC system vacuumed in Enugu? Most technicians here don't even have manifold guage. Pls if you know, point me in the right direction. Thanks.
can order one for you for 78k. I'm in Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by Peppermintflav: 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2021
I received my couplers from jumia today. The last piece needed for my manifold guage set. Now I can monitor what's really going on inside the AC system. grin
Vacuum pump still on the way.
If u are in Enugu and need quality AC repairs hit me up.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by myhero: 1:09am On Jan 08, 2021
Peppermintflav:
I received my couplers from jumia today. The last piece needed for my manifold guage set. Now I can monitor what's really going on inside the AC system. grin
Address pls
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by Peppermintflav: 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
myhero:

Address pls
I'm in Uwani. Sent u an email.
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by chuka25(m): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
Peppermintflav:

I'm in Uwani. Sent u an email.
Send me an e mail please. I live in uwani
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by TheOldGods: 10:47am On Feb 25, 2022
Peppermintflav:
hello chief, do you have the vacuum pump?
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by Peppermintflav: 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2022
TheOldGods:
hello chief, do you have the vacuum pump?
Not yet.
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by TheOldGods: 8:47am On Feb 27, 2022
Peppermintflav:

Not yet.
okay. But you you have any strong ac repair man in Enugu?
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by TheOldGods: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2022
I was able to find a man who has a vacuum pump. He was clever though.
Re: Who Has Vacuum Pump In Enugu? by Peppermintflav: 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2022
TheOldGods:
okay. But you you have any strong ac repair man in Enugu?
Yes I do

(1) (2) (Reply)

Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D / Upcoming Blast Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Price Reviews Launch Specification - / Is It Legal To Ride A 100cc Motorcycle (privately) On The Highway In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.