Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,646 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt (2878 Views)

My Car Jerks When On D And R / My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating / 7 Reasons Why Car Jerks When Accelerating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by chukel(m): 3:59am On Sep 18, 2020
radautoworks:

Very possible. Solenoids are not the only transmission issues
solenoids are usually responsible for transmission jerks.
Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by empron(m): 7:00am On Sep 18, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

what i have noticed is that some people dont scan the transmission ECU they just scan the engine ECU thinking it will pull up all codes from both ECU

some scanners are basic they only scan the basic from main ECU and some cant even scan ABS or AIR BAG there a customer can be told that there is no transmission code due to the fact that the scanner is basic

then a common thing i noticed from nigerian car dealers in my town they go buy the cheapest car they can get from auctions and 99% of these cars have lots of faults and warning lights, instead of buying the parts to fix higlighted by the warning lights, they take off the instrument cluster a put a black tape to block the warning light (check engine light, abs or air bag) if you buy such car it will take you ages to figure out that your check engine light doesnt turn on when switch on the ignition, you will assume to say everything is OK becoz there is no check engine light or other warning lights

Good scanners are not cheap and people refer to go where the price for scanning is cheap and the chances of the scanner being a basic one are high
Some even cut the check light wire and wired it with battery indication bulb.Sometimes it requires datastream on bidirectional scanner to figure out faulty transmission problem

2 Likes

Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by radautoworks: 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2020
chukel:
solenoids are usually responsible for transmission jerks.

I didn't say they weren't. I said not all transmission issues are scannable.
Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by BarrSly: 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
Thank you all for your moral support and assistance eventually we changed the ECU and that was what solved it all.

2 Likes

Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by radautoworks: 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
BarrSly:

Thank you all for your moral support and assistance eventually we changed the ECU and that was what solved it all.

Nice! I'll let my guy know he was on the right track. How much did it cost? (We weren't selling ECUs because they are too delicate to ship with freight forwarders but now we use FedEx so I'm curious).
Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
radautoworks:

Nice! I'll let my guy know he was on the right track. How much did it cost? (We weren't selling ECUs because they are too delicate to ship with freight forwarders but now we use FedEx so I'm curious).

Don't bother yourself, you won't be able to beat market price.
Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by radautoworks: 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Don't bother yourself, you won't be able to beat market price.
I'm not trying to beat it. Different client base.
We've actually gotten demand and brought some in for clients who insisted with the old shipping. I just have no idea what that market is like here.

1 Like

Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by BarrSly: 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
I paid 70 thousand. I considered buying from you guys or any online platform but i was told that you might eventually buy an ecu with the vin and all that and yet it wont work with your car. We kept changing and programming till we hit the right one.

radautoworks:

1 Like

Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by radautoworks: 5:14pm On Oct 05, 2020
BarrSly:
I paid 70 thousand. I considered buying from you guys or any online platform but i was told that you might eventually buy an ecu with the vin and all that and yet it wont work with your car. We kept changing and programming till we hit the right one.

Gotcha. That is true though it's usually a slim chance and maybe only one swap. Maybe because they tend to rig parts to work with cars here is why they have to try so many.
Another reason why we stayed away from bringing them in. Glad it's solved!
Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by 9icetoo(m): 6:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
BarrSly:

Thanks for getting back to the forum. Much appreciated.
Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by proclinician: 7:14pm On Oct 05, 2020
radautoworks:

Do you sell catalytic converters pls? For Lexus es 300. I need new ones. I have p0420 and p0430 gas milage is poor
Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by BarrSly: 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
Yes oo this is very important at least if someone is having an issue as this, he/she would see this thread and eventually see the solution.

9icetoo:

Thanks for getting back to the forum. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by radautoworks: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2020
proclinician:

Do you sell catalytic converters pls? For Lexus es 300. I need new ones. I have p0420 and p0430 gas milage is poor

Hi, you didn't put a year.. try this https://www.nairaland.com/post/92790045
Re: Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt by radautoworks: 3:40am On Dec 29, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
Aunty Radu, buy me lunch at Jamrock na biko sad
do you know I'm just know seeing this? It doesn't show up on my mentions when people use my nickname undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Camry Or Matrix 2005/2006 / The Tragic Accident Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway At Ogunmakin Area This Morning / Fuel Treatment: How Effective Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.