Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Six Important Things You Should Seek From God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Important Things You Should Seek From God (16238 Views)

Six Important Ways You Can Obtain Mercy From God / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / Six Important Powers Every Christian Should Seek From God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by brightDdon(m): 9:20am On Sep 13, 2020
Donlamzy:
Lord, I’m saying a prayer for Nigeria, we seek for your forgiveness as a country as we’ve sinned against you, please forgive us
Let your mercy shine over this country, dear lord sad
And we pray for the grace to keep going as a Nigeria and not tear apart someday cry cry
And God, let this country not make me lose your kingdom embarassed
Grant us favor as a Nation and every Nigerian out there
And empower us God, to keep going in the right direct dear God
For we pray to you through our Lord Jesus Christ , Amen embarassed embarassed
And Amen.
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by brightDdon(m): 9:22am On Sep 13, 2020
domino4211:
And what will you do with all these things?
Did Buhari,Bill Gates,Mark Zuckerberg,Jeff Bezos,Vladimir Putin,Jack Mar,Xi Jinping,etc seek for these things?
Did Nigerians take a blood covenant never to have common sense

my brother,,pls take it easy,,,pls
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by michlins(m): 9:27am On Sep 13, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Keep seeking...... You shall NEVER find........ grin
you atheist should flee from godly gathering
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by Lexusgs430: 9:39am On Sep 13, 2020
michlins:
you atheist should flee from godly gathering

Do you know the meaning of godly....... grin

G - Good
O - Old
D - Days
L - Liars
Y - Yelled

1 Like

Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by uBuNiT: 9:47am On Sep 13, 2020
All I ask is His mercy and that covers everything
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by eyescue(m): 9:47am On Sep 13, 2020
Akube1z:
Six important things you should pray for and seek from God as a Believer and as a Christian.

1) Forgiveness of God

2) Mercy of God

3) Grace of God

4) Seek the Kingdom of God

5) Favour of God

6) Power of God.

I wouldn't forget to seek for his WISDOM

Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by Xmuslim: 10:30am On Sep 13, 2020
Kennitrust:
Hmmm. Man!

What is the overall purpose of life?

What?

To live a life of begging to live?

Few days on earth and countless days in a supposed hellfire lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

You are not given up 100yrs to live but you will be given 1000yrs to suffer. Lol.

So many questions of the purpose of life keep riding my mind.

Living in fear of the unknown on earth and living in fear of the unknown in dead.

What is the overall purpose of life?
you are one of the reasons why some freethinkers (like me) exist. Fear not. I was once in your shoes. Just do good and forget about eternal hell. If you like religion, do it moderately. If you don't like it, leave it. God isn't petty.

I will post something soon...

Here you go...

Xmuslim:
I will start:

1. I dislike the fact that Islam claims that every non-Muslims will enter hell fire forever. If they did good, their reward is in this dunya (life), but nothing in the hereafter. I always cry whenever I recited verses that talk about those stuffs. I didn't like that idea but I had to let go my desire and accept Allah judgement. I had to accept that Allah is fair, even though that act seems unfair

2. I wished Allah didn't allow bible to undergone curruption. Abrahamic religion would have been more united if the curruption didn't take place. But since quran and hadith insist that Bible had been currpted. I had to let go my wish. As usual, I concluded that Allah knows best.

3. I wished Allah didn't allow Islam to split into 73 I think. The hadith says all will enter hell except one. I don't like the fact that Qur'an and hadith describe God as a being that seems wicked. But as usual, I killed the thinking by saying Allah knows best.

4. I didn't like the fact that Allah gave us a book that is not very clear.
Qur'an says some verses are ambiguous and those with sickness in their mind will be Misled by those verses. Again, I said to myself Allah knows best.

Let me stop for now.

Any time the thought of those things I didn't like about the God I was worshiping came to my mind and lasted a few hours. I undergone depression. I wished I was never born into this life. I thought of suicide when I was a Muslim because of these problems.

I saw this life as the most pathetic place for human since most of them would end in hell for eternity. I didn't commit the suicide for some reasons part of which is the hadith that says one will continue to commit the suicide in hell for eternity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by Xmuslim: 10:39am On Sep 13, 2020
@Kennitrust first, I'm agnostic freethinker humanist. So I don't know whether God exist or not and I don't argue it. I wish he exist though (but I can't defend it in front of atheist, so I would rather keep shut on that matter)

Secondly, let's assume almighty God exist. Why would he create the entire universe and place people on the planet earth just so they should have a particular believe (which is difficult to identify due to many inconsistencies in the scriptures of those religions). And that God who is described as a loving God would cast people with the wrong belief (regardless of their good conduct) in eternal hell fire.

IT IS A FALLACY UNLESS THE GOD IS NOT MERCIFUL.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by mekuxiani(m): 11:18am On Sep 13, 2020
Aare2050:
Knowledge is number one
Go back and read your bible
wisdom not knowledge
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by sunshineV(f): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
southniyikaye:
may God forgive you.
No matter what, you are not supposed to wish death on a fellow human not to tslk of someone who didn't harm you
even god killed lots wife and colaborate with david to kill goliat
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by Kaydans(m): 12:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
domino4211:
And what will you do with all these things?
Did Buhari,Bill Gates,Mark Zuckerberg,Jeff Bezos,Vladimir Putin,Jack Mar,Xi Jinping,etc seek for these things?
Did Nigerians take a blood covenant never to have common sense

Let me ask u this,
If it happens u fall ill (Godforbid though) and u got admitted in a hospital you fighting on life support, do u think you will think about the money in your account? Or the possessions you have accumulated?

Am
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by domino4211(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kaydans:

Let me ask u this,
If it happens u fall ill (Godforbid though) and u got admitted in a hospital you fighting on life support, do u think you will think about the money in your account? Or the possessions you have accumulated?

Am
I'll think about everything and everybody I love and how much I'll miss them and miss loving.
What else am I to think about?

1 Like

Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by brainhgeek(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
Seeking His face encapsulates all
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by lekbel09(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Donlamzy:
Lord, I’m saying a prayer for Nigeria, we seek for your forgiveness as a country as we’ve sinned against you, please forgive us
And we pray for the grace to keep going as a Nigeria and not tear apart someday cry cry
prayers like this is one of the numerous problems we face as a country undecided undecided undecided.

Is Nigeria the only country in the world today, I expect practical solutions to our problems not prayers.

Am a Christian
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by yahmohy27: 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
Akube1z:
Six important things you should pray for and seek from God as a Believer and as a Christian.

1) Forgiveness of God

2) Mercy of God

3) Grace of God

5) Favour of God

6) Power of God.

When you get number one,you get everything . knowledge and wisdom inclusive
My opinion thou
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
your will shall I forever do.

thank you, Almighty father. ❤

1 Like

Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by Kaydans(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
domino4211:

I'll think about everything and everybody I love and how much I'll miss them and miss loving.
What else am I to think about?

What awaits u beyond this world.
But for real I am not forcing you to believe in God but then if u believe in God and it happens when u pass on theres no God then u didn't still lose but what happens when u don't believe and u die to realise that there is God?
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by Elizersalifu(f): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
Akube1z:

1) Forgiveness of God

2) Mercy of God

3) Grace of God

5) Favour of God

6) Power of God.

These are our inheritance in Christ. We already have them. What you should seek for is the knowledge of Him that gave these spiritual realities.
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by domino4211(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kaydans:

What awaits u beyond this world.
But for real I am not forcing you to believe in God but then if u believe in God and it happens when u pass on theres no God then u didn't still lose but what happens when u don't believe and u die to realise that there is God?
Have you died before to confirm this?
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by Kentuforchrist(m): 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
Donlamzy:
through our Lord Jesus is wrong but in the name of Jesus
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by Bejusttoall: 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
Akube1z:

1) Forgiveness of God

2) Mercy of God

3) Grace of God

5) Favour of God

6) Power of God.

They are very important
Re: Six Important Things You Should Seek From God by Opinzy24: 9:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
Donlamzy:
Amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy / Questions For Logic1 (if You Have Doubts Concerning The Christian Faith) / God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.