Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Love: Pastors And Parents Must Know This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love: Pastors And Parents Must Know This (104 Views)

Five Things Every Christian Must Know About Sex (must Read) / Full List Of Nigerian Richest Pastors And Their Networth 2018 / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love: Pastors And Parents Must Know This by GentleA(m): 9:01am On Sep 13, 2020
The Pastor spoke of Love so pure, Christ-like. Adults gave a nod. Children cried a lot, his death was a story they loved.
Youths, kept mute. The message wasn't new.
Christ-like love?
They all know. They've heard it before. How He died for us all.
That love. Known by Christians. They called it Agape. A love so pure. Only the pure could love so.
Youths. They've heard it all.
Yet. They can't understand the feelings they have inside.
Which love is this?
Pastor only said if it's not Agape, then it's Eros. The kind shown known by sinners. Nothing else was said.
Tomorrow his son impregnates a girl in church. He marvelled.
"Why you? You're my son. You're supposed to be an example to all the kids and youths in church".
His son, looked at him. With tears, he said.
"Dad.. you never said anything else aside Christ-like love. I've always loved her. But didn't know exactly what that love was. You all in church act as though it isn't there. Like there's no such love aside the kind that makes you see a girl as your sister. You act as though there's no such love aside the kind that makes you pray for another.
What about the love that makes me long to see her face? What about the kind that makes me think of just her?
What about that love?
The kind that makes me crave for her presence to the point where I stay in the dark just to hear her speak.
What about that love?
What did you say about it?
And please, don't go telling me only sinners know that kind.
If you saw mum as your sister alone, then you must have married her as your sister, not as your wife"
Pastor was stunned. His son never asked him before because he wasn't open and sincere enough.
When he spoke if love, he failed to understand that even at age 12, one could fall in love.
It wasn't in his memory. That teenagers of nowadays loss their virginity even at age 13.
And that a child of 17 has alread recorded series of heartbreaks.
Now his son. Just 19. Is to become a father like him.
One sided preaching is never enough.
They're always two sides of a coin.
Youth should know what love is, generally.
They should be informed about love. the good, bad and ugly sides.
Maybe that way, they'll know that their feelings and attraction for the opposite sex, is normal. It makes them human.
Teach them how to control it that feelings, tame it and not have it destroy them. Just as you also teach them of a love so pure.
For when the Church acts as though the only love that's worth talking about, is Christ-like Love. They'll always be a case of fornication even within Church walls.

Love is not just the pastor's job to preach. Parents should too. A child up to the age of puberty should get to know what the world is like.

AJ-Inspire
http://anijosh-inspire.com
Re: Love: Pastors And Parents Must Know This by ggirl4real: 9:06am On Sep 13, 2020
Agreed

(1) (Reply)

Know This / Open Heavens Daily Devotional ( 11-19-2020 ) / Rev. Dr. Uma Ukpai Ministering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.