Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem (199 Views)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem by Built2last: 9:10am On Sep 13, 2020
IF TITHE AND OFFERING IS THE PROBLEM! STOP PAYING!

I am appalled by the recent enormous attack on churches and pastors. Mostly by people who probably have never paid tithe or may have not given to churches in recent years. They jump on the wagon and irrationally begin to vituperate on matters they have no clue about.

People dont have food, water, electricity and no jobs, they ignore their governors, senators and FG and spend time discussing pastors and judging them on how they spend money. Politicians still your tax with brazen audacity and you do nothing. You are not a member of the churches you attack online, the pastors have never invited you, his members have not come to complain to you before, yet, you complain more than those who give in church.

You have a few who tell you that you should use your tithe to feed the poor. That's a good one, let me ask you, since you have advocated that approach can you confirm to God that 10 percent of your income every month has been going to orphans, widows and beggars. I mean 10%. Have you been faithful to that since you stopped giving to church. Probably No.

My conclusion is that you are insanely frustrated and looking for where to pour it. Most Christians are on thin line between unbelief and atheism. If tithe and Offering is your problem, stop paying and serve God with all your heart and serve Him truly. Focus on doing personal ministry as you are led by God.

Jesus commanded you and I to preach the gospel and save SOULS. Can you boast of consciously preaching to anyone this year and leading them to Christ, follow up the person and ensure the person matures to become a disciple? I bet you haven't, in your myopic mind, the only people Jesus commanded to do the work is pastors. Yet, when we ask for true believers you raise your hand. Note, Go ye into the world is a command to all of us. Not a suggestion. What is stoping you from going? Stop hiding behind your keyboards to vent your frustration on pastors.

Pastors are not the reason Nigeria is not working. American pastors have more mega churches, some pastors in America have airstrip in their houses. America is working. The people face their government because they pay tax to the government. In church people wilfully give. Your frustration is that mega churches have money and are spending the money. You forgot that these churches did not become mega in 2020. These were churches started in the back side of town in the 1980s. These men, prayed, laboured, toiled, were disappointed and at some point felt like giving up. At that time, starting a church, pastors were seen as non entities. 35 years later, that little vision has grown by virtue of diligence and hard work. You throw away those years of them paying the price and type rubbish on social media. Focusing your attention on tithe and Offering.

Have you forgotten that millions of churches like them started and didn't last up to five years. Some lasted but the pastors are so indebted that they can't pay their children school fees. Not everyone will succeed in same way. I pay my tithe, give Offerings and you are more frustrated than me who is giving and not complaining. Is it your money? Have I come to beg you before? Are you normal. Pastors are not your problem or the reason for Nigeria's lack of development. You drive a good car, how come you drive a good car and there are family members yours that are trekking. There are widows and orphans in your neighbourhood. You shouldn't drive a good car. Sell it and trek to work. Give all you make to support every poor person in your family and neighbourhood. That's the kind of life you want pastors to leave and you will be happy...You won't sell your car because it makes life convenient for your work, for your family and social status. Pastors also buy these jets because it makes ministry easy for them. Some of them may need to be in 4 countries in a week preaching. Imagine queuing up in every airport and jumping connecting flights.

A jet is to a mega pastor what your mercedes is to you. It's about convenience and tool for ease of work. Get that into your head and work hard. Pray that God will bless your hustle. Learn to mind your business...

Dont be a hypocrite. You attend that church on sunday and return on social media to castigated him. God is watching. And he will judge our actions. If you feel some pastors are mismanaging their church fund, pray for them in love. God is the ultimate judge. He will test everyone's work at the end. I am not the chief registrar of heaven to know which pastors is eating church money or not. I have my own sins, that's my concern not pastors. Christian race is a personal one.

My opinion

1 Like

Re: Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem by ggirl4real: 9:13am On Sep 13, 2020
This tithe issue has been over flocked.

Pay tithe if you are a Jew.

Pay tithe to only Levite's from the tribe of Levi.

Pay tithes according the how the Bible commands in the Book of Deuteronomy.
Re: Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem by gasparpisciotta: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2020
Churches should be allowed to build public infrastructures.

If Dangote can do it why can’t RCCG or Winners
Re: Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem by Bahamas95(m): 9:22am On Sep 13, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
Churches should be allowed to build public infrastructures.

If Dangote can do it why can’t RCCG or Winners
Should be allowed? .........Is anyone stopping them from building public infrastructures?

1 Like

Re: Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem by thesicilian: 9:37am On Sep 13, 2020
It is difficult to serve God freely in church when your pastor keeps threatening you with fire and brimstone everyday if you don't pay tithe. Or sow this or that special seed. You guys will say "you were not forced", but you also know that that's not true. When you tell someone to give from his heart, but don't let him rest until he actually gives, is that not the worst kind of psychological scam? When you refuse to recognize a brother's services in the house of God simply because he doesn't pay (enough) tithes and offerings, but instead promote the "big givers" ahead of this faithful hard working brother, what do you call that? Let's stop deceiving ourselves please, and let each person serve his God the way that best gives him peace of mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem by Jafar1: 9:47am On Sep 13, 2020
Anybody wey wan pay make e pay, as for me... I know where to pay mine..
Re: Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem by Built2last: 10:09am On Sep 13, 2020
lalasticlala. Does this worth FP this Sunday morning
Re: Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem by yanabasee1(m): 10:22am On Sep 13, 2020
I've never paid tithes and i have been very much living my life......I get promotions and so far, things have been going well with me....

I give back to the society and to people in need and I worship God they way I want and he answers all my prayers....

Tithing is nonsense....

The tithe would've been achievable if the church was working....

The tithe money was supposed to be used by the church to assist other members that are needy and who's struggling.... The idea behind it was to help in assisting people that need help from the church. God instructed his servants to bring one-tenth of their harvest to him, to help the church to assist those who run to the church for help....

More like a donation to help the needy....

But these greedy men rather use the monies to expand their church and have more members and use the excesses to open schools and other branches and more monies to buy private jets...

There are people going to church hungry.... People going to church to pray for food and will use their last money as offerings and pastors will close their eyes and collect it and use it to buy spices to season those chickens and turkey given to them from harvest days or I love my pastor activities.... While a whole lot of their members don't even have what to eat....
Re: Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2020
Bahamas95:
Should be allowed? .........Is anyone stopping them from building public infrastructures?

Try and build road in your state without government approval? We will miss you here for a long time.

Mtchww
Re: Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem by Bahamas95(m): 11:39am On Sep 13, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

Try and build road in your state without government approval? We will miss you here for a long time.

Mtchww
Lol, you won't miss me cos am going nowhere.

The truth is that if they really wanna build these infrastructures with their Church/mosque mind to alleviate the suffering of the people government will give them approval......BTW it must not be roads.....It could be affordable schools for members children etc. It's not a crime to help humanity, if the government is depriving us of that they shouldn't do same. They should practice what they preach, that's the gospel of Christ.
Re: Opinon: Why You Need To Stop Paying Tithe If That's The Problem by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
Bahamas95:
Lol, you won't miss me cos am going nowhere.

The truth is that if they really wanna build these infrastructures with their Church/mosque mind to alleviate the suffering of the people government will give them approval......BTW it must not be roads.....It could be affordable schools for members children etc. It's not a crime to help humanity, if the government is depriving us of that they shouldn't do the same. They should practice what they preach, that's the gospel of Christ.

Do you know how much churches spend on helping people? Because they don't blow their trumpet?

Some years back a widow was being given I think 20,000 monthly by Winners through the pastor in her area. This pastor ate this money for more than 10 months before it was discovered.

This is one out of many. Within that period that is around 3 to 5 years ago. Some church members conspired to steal over 250 million nairas from the church. You didn't hear it outside.

Do you know that winners subside transportation to their church services?

Do you know there is a welfare department in winners that takes care of people's needs then I don't know about now?

Do you know how many that are working in different companies in winners?

When people like you attack the church you don't know the fatherless and widows whose prayers are attacking you because you want to take bread away from them.

Ignorance and assumption has destroyed many destiny.

If you know the amount most churches spend on welfare it will shock you.

Lastly, do you know that to study agricultural courses at landmark university is tuition-free?

There is a difference between social responsibility and business.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Powerful And Fastest Weapon In The World / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/10/2020 / 500 Christians Killed In Ethiopia Since June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.