Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Apprentice Stole 120k From A Woman's Account Via USSD - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Apprentice Stole 120k From A Woman's Account Via USSD (581 Views)

Naval Officer Molested By Angry Crowd After Slapping Apprentice In Delta. Photos / 63-year-old Businessman Withdraws N173,000 From Man’s Account Via ATM / Girl Caught After Stealing Money From Woman's Account Through ATM. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apprentice Stole 120k From A Woman's Account Via USSD by luluosas(m): 9:32am On Sep 13, 2020
Hello Nairalanders,
I am currently in the centre of this criminal activities involving a daughter of one woman, and her fellow hairdresser apprentice. Please, I need your advice.

On Thursday, 10th September, 2020, this woman came to show me her debit alert after making some transactions and she wasn't satisfied with her account balance. She called on me to say that she is suspecting her daughter (Gift) has withdrawn her money, because she previously gave her (Gift) her ATM card and pin to make some withdrawal for her in the recent past.

So, I told her that I will install her bank app to show her account activities, explaining that she can only view her last 20 transaction with the app (First Bank). I installed it successfully and launched the app. Brethren, the woman got the shock of her life on what she saw on her banking app.

It was discovered that her daughter (Gift) had withdrawn (transferred) the total some of N19,500 to her own UBA account in multiple trenches, and transferred 1000 back to her mother in 500 twice. This is not even the shock.

HERE IS THE SHOCK
SHE DISCOVERED THE SOME OF N120,000 WAS TRANSFERRED TO GTBANK, BELONGING TO ONE UMUKORO GLORIA, (a co-apprentice with her daughter, Gift), IN 6 TRENCHES OF N20,000 EACH.

Seeing this, the woman (a fish hawker) almost collapsed. So, I comforted her to hold herself so that she can get to the root of the matter.

I told her to go go home and behave as if nothing had happened, that I will be going with her to her bank to get her account statement the next day, after which she will then get her daughter (Gift) and the said UMUKORO Gloria arrested. This was was done on Friday, and the two girls are presently cooling off their heads in police cell.

Meanwhile, before their arrest, this woman was thinking it was her daughter that transferred the money to her co-apprentice since they were in the same store, but she was mistaken!

THE BIG DISCOVERY
After their arrest, it was discovered that the said UMUKORO Gloria was the one who personally transferred the money to her own GTBank account via USSD using the woman's own phone.

HOW IT HAPPENED
The woman usually gives her phone to her daughter (Gift) to charge from her working place as a result of epileptic power supply. In the process, Gift asked this Gloria to teach her how to transfer money on USSD for both her own UBA account and her mother's First Bank account. Gloria then activated it for her on her mother's phone with the ATM card and the daughter (Gift) was happy that she now understands how to transfer money on the phone, not knowing that Gloria has another sinister motive.

So, whenever Gift brings her mother's phone to charge, Gloria will go there, transfer money to her own account from the phone, delete the debit alert immediately and return back to their store. That was how she transferred the some of N120,000 from the woman's account to her own account with GTBank, which she will immediately move to another account.

Presently, Gloria's mother is begging the victim with 60,000 so that they can bail the girls and then pay the rest in installment. I have told her to reject it until the complete money is recovered. I equally told her to give them until Tuesday, 15th September, 2020 to pay up the money, failing to to do so, she should transfer the case to the State CID if the culprit family drag their feet over this criminal act.

Nairalanders,
WHAT IS YOUR POSITION OVER THIS MATTER? ANY ADVICE, SUGGESTIONS AND CRITICISM? Please, air it.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Stole 120k From A Woman's Account Via USSD by Vocabulary: 9:37am On Sep 13, 2020
Your case is beyond simple understanding. Acquisitiveness at its core
Re: Apprentice Stole 120k From A Woman's Account Via USSD by luluosas(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2020
My brother, this one isn't even a worker yet, just a mere apprentice oooooo. I learnt she is 200L in the university.

akinmusi:
A typical Nigerian employee pull him down syndrome.

They can hardly help your business. So. Easy to wreck.

Been there.

For a criminal case like this, I only recommend taking it up legally.

If you pity her, she could still go on doing same in her next employment.

Some people are just not employable.
Re: Apprentice Stole 120k From A Woman's Account Via USSD by yanabasee1(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2020
NEPA get hand for this blame oh......

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Stole 120k From A Woman's Account Via USSD by luluosas(m): 9:46am On Sep 13, 2020
Gbam. You nailed it
Vocabulary:
Your case is beyond simple understanding. Acquisitiveness at its core

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Stole 120k From A Woman's Account Via USSD by luluosas(m): 9:48am On Sep 13, 2020
No burst my belle with laff oooooooo
akinmusi:

She must be studying thiefry and IT'ing (SIWES) in that place. No joke
Re: Apprentice Stole 120k From A Woman's Account Via USSD by Jabioro: 10:17am On Sep 13, 2020
You have done well but in the area of negotiation it is not good enough.Let the victim collect the 60,000 naira,they should make a strong bond or agreement to balance it .. Transferring the case to state CID would amount to more troubles for the girls and the victim..and the victim will be in a great disadvantage of the whole scenario .when it get to Court surely she will be granted bail..the legal battle may go for years..if eventually she get convicted..the money gone down the drain..but to make easy, let her pay as she promise with four surety standing in for her..

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Stole 120k From A Woman's Account Via USSD by emillysmigael(f): 10:27am On Sep 13, 2020
You are doing well with the case Op... Please see the case throught till the end. Kudos!!!

1 Like

Re: Apprentice Stole 120k From A Woman's Account Via USSD by bankulizer: 11:47am On Sep 13, 2020
Well done.
Re: Apprentice Stole 120k From A Woman's Account Via USSD by mainkendo: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
wink grin

(1) (Reply)

Man Dies Over N100,000 Debt; Widow Cries Out For Help Over Threat On Her Life / Jonathan Laid Foundation For Banditry, Formed Fulani Group And Paid Them N300mil / Man Dies From ‘extreme Orgasm’ After Romp With Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.