Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Is Satan Still A Son Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Satan Still A Son Of God? (795 Views)

The Illuminati Is Satan's Order That He Tempted Jesus To Join / You Are Not A Son But "Goat" - Leke Adeboye Slams RCCG Pastors / No iota of doubt: homosexuality is Satan's greatest joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by vybzkartel: 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
Job 1:6

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Is Satan also amongst the sons of God?

Who are these sons of God referred to?

What point in time this this take place? Was it before or After the fall of Adam?
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by ggirl4real: 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
When I say the Bible is full of confusion, una no go free.

According to the Bible, God created Satan.

So God is Satan's father. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
Always and Forever.

1 Like

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Madibah(m): 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2020
Bible is a book full of confusion and lies undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2020
He is and always will be.... He is not independent of God and definately not an equal opposite.. To think so is a big insult against God.. Just like comparing the VC of a university and the head of security..

What ever power that Satan and devil has was given to them by God and it must be use in line with the will of God.. There there fore require an expressed permission from God..

But lucifer who happens to be the goddess of death and war is a different thing entirely.. I don't need to remind anybody why she is God's enemy. We have all lost someone dear to us...
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by davien(m): 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
If it were real it would be, afterall isn't everything god's plan and following gods design?
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Heartbender: 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
First, the word lucifer was not intended to be a proper noun. Second, the person referred to was a masculine gender. Read your Bible well�
sonmvayina:
He is and always will be.... He is not independent of God and definately not an equal opposite.. To think so is a big insult against God.. Just like comparing the VC of a university and the head of security..

What ever power that Satan and devil has was given to them by God and it must be use in line with the will of God.. There there fore require an expressed permission from God..

But lucifer who happens to be the goddess of death and war is a different thing entirely.. I don't need to remind anybody why she is God's enemy. We have all lost someone dear to us...
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
vybzkartel:

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
(1)Is Satan also amongst the sons of God?
(2)Who are these sons of God referred to?
(3)What point in time this this take place?
(4)Was it before or After the fall of Adam?

(1)GOD is the one and only person that has always existed, all other heavenly beings were his sons, he created them all. So Satan who is part of them was also one of God's Son!

(2)Angels

(3)Moses recorded this event so it happened within the period Israelites were in Egypt, Job is not an Israelite but a faithful and honesthearted man so God kept taking note of all the things this man did.

(4)Adam is the first man so it's after Adam! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

If you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses and you don't want to study the Bible with JWs you will always find the Bible confusing! Daniel 12:10 undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Ezekiel36vs28: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
Satan was never called a son of God because he is an angel.A son means a human offspring.It was men who walked with God Then that went to worship or appear before God and satan whose job is to accuse the brethren came in their midst to find faults and accuse them before God. You can even see that from God’s discussion with him there concerning Job.Angels are not called sons of God in the Bible but ministering spirit or spirits.

1 Like

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ezekiel36vs28:
Satan was never called a son of God because he is an angel.A son means a human offspring.It was men who walked with God Then that went to worship or appear before God and satan whose job is to accuse the brethren came in their midst to find faults and accuse them before God. You can even see that from God’s discussion with him there concerning Job.Angels are not called sons of God in the Bible but ministering spirit or spirits.

Please help interpret this verses Sir/Ma

Job 38:7; Psalms 89:6 smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
Heartbender:
First, the word lucifer was not intended to be a proper noun. Second, the person referred to was a masculine gender. Read your Bible well�

Lucifer is a title that literally translate to "light bearer".. Last time I checked only females have the capacity to bear.. Men provide the seed and women carry it to term after 9 months they bear the offspring.. Abi, you miss that part.
Lucifer is the mother of Jesus, since Jesus is the light... So Mary is the light bearer.. She is also the morning star..ask any catholic for the litany of Mary..

She is osun in yoruba cosmology, venus in Roman, aphrodite in Greeks and inanna in Babylonian..
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Heartbender: 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
I am appalled at your understanding of simple terms. Just wow
sonmvayina:

Lucifer is a title that literally translate to "light bearer".. Last time I checked only females have the capacity to bear.. Men provide the seed and women carry it to term after 9 months they bear the offspring.. Abi, you miss that part.
Lucifer is the mother of Jesus, since Jesus is the light... So Mary is the light bearer.. She is also the morning star..ask any catholic for the litany of Mary..

She is osun in yoruba cosmology, venus in Roman, aphrodite in Greeks and inanna in Babylonian..

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Janosky: 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:

There is no confusion there.
When you born Pikin, you no born Lawyer. Na the action of your Pikin (going to School)go make am be Lawyer.
Likewise, God no create Satan but God created angel who make himself Satan.

2 Likes

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
Heartbender:
I am appalled at your understanding of simple terms. Just wow

Life is a school. When you get to that class you will learn it..
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
Janosky:

There is no confusion there.
When you born Pikin, you no born Lawyer. Na the action of your Pikin (going to School)go make am be Lawyer.
Likewise, God no create Satan but God created angel who make himself Satan.

Whose to blame... Whose to blame...??
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
sonmvayina:

Is that what Lucifer represent? god of war and death?

2 Likes

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Janosky: 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
sonmvayina:

Whose to blame... Whose to blame...??

As you make your bed, Bros you know the rest....... grin
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
Pharaoh4rin:

Is that what Lucifer represent? god of war and death?

Yes, and wisdom, amongst others..

Read to the end.. She rose herself to the supreme diety.. As Isaiah said in chapter 14..

https://www.ancient.eu/Inanna/

Her father is the devil in some myths.. That is Nanna, the moon God or God of darkness..
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Kobojunkie: 5:53am On Nov 01, 2020
vybzkartel:
Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
We do not know this for a fact. That he was able to come in among them does not mean he was one of them.
vybzkartel:
The Bible does not provide us with definitive information on this.
vybzkartel:
What point in time this this take place? Was it before or After the fall of Adam?
The story of Job? It must have taken place after Adam's fall since Adam was the first man.
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Uyi168: 6:10am On Nov 01, 2020
If God controls Satan to do evil, then he's an accomplice.
If he doesn't, then he's not omnipotent.

1 Like

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by MuttleyLaff: 6:21am On Nov 01, 2020
vybzkartel:

Is Satan also amongst the sons of God
Categorically capital NO, Satan and none either of the angelic hosts of heaven are sons of God.

vybzkartel:
The sons of God referred to in that verse and every other similar verses in the Bible are human beings, as they’ve always have fundamentally being.

vybzkartel:
Of course, it is after Adam and Eve’s fall from grace to grass.

Adam, was the first son of God, (i.e. Luke 3:38) while scripture, at Job 1:3, tells us that Job, at his time and particularly at the period when that narrative was written, that, Job was the greatest, out of the whole and/or of all sons of the East (i.e. an indirect expression substituted for sons of God)
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by helinues: 6:23am On Nov 01, 2020
No...

Both God and Satan were good buddies before money scattered their relationship....

1 Like

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Chiedu4Trump: 8:29am On Nov 01, 2020
vybzkartel:

The fact the bible points out that Satan was with Sons of God, shows that Satan is NOT part of sons of God

helinues:
No...

Both God and Satan were good buddies before money scattered their relationship....

Satan trembles in the presence of God

James 2:19
the devils also believe, and tremble.

Uyi168:
If God controls Satan to do evil, then he's an accomplice.
If he doesn't, then he's not omnipotent.

Angels rebuke satan at will in the name of God, let alone God Himself

Jude 1:9
Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses,
durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Satan fears God

James 2:19
the devils also believe, and tremble.

sonmvayina:

Your stupdity is advanced

Men bear gifts, are they now women?

(1)GOD is the one and only person that has always existed, all other heavenly beings were his sons, he created them all. So Satan who is part of them was also one of God's Son!

(2)Angels

(3)Moses recorded this event so it happened within the period Israelites were in Egypt, Job is not an Israelite but a faithful and honesthearted man so God kept taking note of all the things this man did.

(4)Adam is the first man so it's after Adam! smiley

Satan was not created by God

God created Lucifer who became satan

Madibah:
Bible is a book full of confusion and lies undecided
The bible is consfusing to foolish children of satan

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness

ggirl4real:
Another mumu, God created Lucifer not satan

Lucifer become satan

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Kobojunkie: 8:31am On Nov 01, 2020
Chiedu4Trump:
The fact the bible points out that Satan was with Sons of God, shows that Satan is NOT part of sons of God
I don't agree. Going by the information we have, we cannot conclusively state that he was, or that he was not. undecided

What we can however say is that Satan does seem to have some direct communication channel open to God, since he seems able to obtain permission and access, for testing purposes at least, those who belong to God i.e. Job, Jesus Christ Himself, even Peter.
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by PROPHETmichael: 8:43am On Nov 01, 2020
vybzkartel:

Understanding of English language is your problem and not that bible verse because it written very clearly and no need for such question
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Chiedu4Trump: 8:44am On Nov 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I don't agree. Going by the information we have, we cannot conclusively state that he was, or that he was not. undecided

What we can however say is that Satan does seem to have some direct communication channel open to God, since he seems able to obtain permission and access, for testing purposes at least, those who belong to God i.e. Job, Jesus Christ Himself, even Peter.

When they say that Buhari is with Governors in a meeting, is Buhari now a Governor angry

That satan has access to God ,he cant blink without permission

Thats why you need Jesus

If you remain mocking Jesus when satan asks for you,who will defend you?
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Kobojunkie: 8:56am On Nov 01, 2020
Chiedu4Trump:
When they say that Buhari is with Governors in a meeting, is Buhari now a Governor angry
That satan has access to God ,he cant blink without permission
Thats why you need Jesus
If you remain mocking Jesus when satan asks for you,who will defend you?
Since this has to do with the word of God, I prefer to err on the side of God, and accept that more evidence is needed in order to decide whether Satan is a Son of God of not.
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Chiedu4Trump: 9:05am On Nov 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Since this has to do with the word of God, I prefer to err on the side of God, and accept that more evidence is needed in order to decide whether Satan is a Son of God of not.

No angel has God called son

Hebrews 1:5
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?
And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Jesus created Lucifer,who became satan

Ezekiel 28
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God;
every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper,
the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets
and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so:
thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence,
and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God:
and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Then He become Proud & was cast out

Isaiah 14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Ezekiel 28
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness:
I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities,
by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee,
it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by Kobojunkie: 9:14am On Nov 01, 2020
Chiedu4Trump:
No angel has God called son
Hebrews 1:5
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?
And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
What has Angels to do with this discussion about the Sons of God?
Chiedu4Trump:

Jesus created Lucifer,who became satan

Ezekiel 28
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God;
every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper,
the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets
and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so:
thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence,
and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God:
and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Jesus Christ did not create Lucifer at all! You have your translations mixed up. And by the way, Lucifer is not Satan.

Chiedu4Trump:

Then He become Proud & was cast out

Isaiah 14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Ezekiel 28
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness:
I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities,
by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee,
it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
Next time, take time to read the same verses in Context(try to read the entire Chapter in each case so you can better understand what is being said.

Now back to the discussion about Satan and his place. Just so you know, Satan is mentioned by name, 'Satan' about 2 different places in the Old Testament (Job, and Zechariah). Elsewhere, he is referred to as the adversary, but there is no direct connection between him, Satan, and any character that is named lucifer, in whatever translation you find such a name. Assuming that Lucifer refers to Satan is an error.

1 Like

Re: Is Satan Still A Son Of God? by orisa37: 9:55am On Nov 01, 2020
O Yes. CHRIST IS THE CROWNED HEIR TO THE THRONE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Must Be Born-again To Be Saved and be used. / When Christians Call Us Illogical / Thank God You Survived An Accident?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.