Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Tinubu Never Install The Ooni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Never Install The Ooni (2056 Views)

Tinubu Never Challenged Forfeiture Order - Peter Obi Tells Tribunal / Reuben Abati: Tinubu Never Said He Is 71, Its Just A Minor Eror In His Documents / Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Pays Visit To The Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by agbaman1782(m): 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
#Copied from Olukayode Nathan wall

How Tinubu Failed To Stop Ogunwusi From Becoming Ooni Of Ife. by : Olawale Olaleye

Some folks had challenged me to put out my facts as far as the emergence of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II is concerned and I’m doing just that now. From a few of the responses on the thread of my previous posts, it’s evident that the truth had been lost in the mix, either by design or default. But I’ll see to it now and set it straight.

In a concise form, I’d try as much as possible to reveal some of the untold stories of the emergence of the Ooni, with the hope that those, who had disagreed with me, would come out with their own facts, not necessarily agreeing with me.

I’d like to start by admitting that, Oba Ogunwusi as the 51st Ooni of Ife, was definitely ordained by God, and not any man, else enough efforts were made to frustrate his emergence. However, it was a destiny fulfilled through the instrumentality of certain individuals, but certainly not the Ifa Eko or Lion of Bourdilon as many delightfully believed.

For the record, Ile-Ife has four ruling houses, and I will list them with the respective predecessors to the current Oba. They are, Ooni Ademiluyi from the Lafogido rulling house; Ooni Aderemi, from Oshikola rulling House; Ooni Sijuade from the Ogboru rulling House and of course, the incumbent, Ooni Ogunwusi, from the Giesi rulling House.

Thus, following the passing of Ooni Okunade Sijuade, in July of 2015, Ile-Ife was literally thrown into a frenzy and turmoil, as the selection of a successor had elicited the interest of Lagos political leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who had an agenda to install his friend, Prince Dipo Eludoyin. But the prince was not interested and refused to be dragged into the tussle for the Obaship. In fact, he left for London, just to be out of sight.

Not satisfied, Tinubu went on to poach Prince Ayedun, a former commissioner in former Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s cabinet. That too was not to fly, because of the more intricate dimensions to the choice of the new Ooni, which would not ignore the standard process.

Mindful of the fact that the selection of the new Ooni was to come from the rotational system gazetted by the government of the late Chief Bola Ige in 1980, it would be nearly impossible to bypass the Giesi ruling house. That one factor, unfortunately, stood against all the machinations of Tinubu known to disrespect rules and process in everything.

With the Gazette, the Giesi rulling house was next to produce the new Ooni but Tinubu, as he is known to do with his other choices, wanted to politicise this renowned Yoruba tradition for his own political interests and gains. Whatever they were! But the Ife people resisted any such moves and his plot was subsequently exposed to former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who would naturally stand in opposition camp with Tinubu.

At this point, Obasanjo, a close friend to the leader of the Giesi rulling house, Professor Adeyemi Aderibigbe, a 95-year old former Deputy Minister of Defence to the then Defence Minister Ribadu (father of Nuhu Ribadu), took it up upon himself to salvage the Yoruba culture and tradition.

Having had a full knowledge of Tinubu’s moves to compromise the process, Obasanjo made a call to Aso Rock and told Professor Aderibigbe to go and report Tinubu’s efforts at truncating the traditional process of selecting the new Oba by its 16 Kingmakers to the president, Muhammadu Buhari. Of course, Baba Iyabo facilitated the appointment, even though the professor too has a rich network at the seat of power.

Incidentally, and perhaps, by providence, on the day Professor Aderibigbe got to the Villa, he was ushered into a waiting area and behold, Tinubu and Chief Bisi Akande were already seated, also waiting to meet with the president.

After about 10 minutes, President Buhari walked in and immediately elected to speak with the oldest man first, whom he knew from his previous cabinet as Head of State.

Typical of old men, who have nothing to lose, Professor Aderibigbe wasted no time to expose Tinubu’s plans in the presence of the President and Baba Akande and the President immediately turned to Asiwaju for response and reason for his involvement since this was an Osun matter and not Lagos State.

Obviously not expecting such an attack, Tinubu was clearly cornered and immediately backed down on his mission to install the new Ooni. The president’s intervention needed no further clarification.

Meanwhile, it is true that the Elegushi had earlier taken the Ooni to Tinubu before his eventual emergence, in the hope that he would buy into the idea, but Tinubu’s mind was already made up on the person he wanted as the new Ooni and that visit was just a formality. It was of no consequence. Oba Ogunwusi was the preferred choice, allegedly tipped for the throne even by the late Ooni.

I say with authority that when the Ooni, during his consultations met with Asiwaju Tinubu, the only thing he said to him was: “You can never be Ooni”. That’s it!

So, if you actually knew the story and still have your facts other than these, let’s talk about your authority. He didn’t make him Ooni. He vowed he’d never be Ooni and was shocked he became Ooni.

Except you have anything solid, please, you can’t compete with my facts. I can beat my chest and hedge my bet.

Besides, Aregbesola too had been receiving calls from prominent people, who prevailed on him not to disrupt a process already known to tradition. He was said to have squealed to his leader, that there might be crisis in Ile-Ife if he altered the process and urged that things be left as they were, because he was on the ground as governor.

Of course, that’s Tinubu for you. When Hon. Abike Dabiri and others took Hon. Mulikat Adeola to him in 2011 as the choice candidate for speaker, House of Representatives, how did that visit change the fact that he later had a deal with the other side and conceded the slot of the South-west to the north for purely selfish reasons, even after he had given his word to Mulikat.

Therefore, for those who did not know what the facts are, stop the falsehood. Tinubu did not support the Ooni, let alone make him one. He has no stake whatsoever in his Obaship. Pure and simple!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by SLAP44: 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
This table you are shaking,
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by Shetemi12(m): 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
agbaman1782:
#Copied

How Tinubu Failed To Stop Ogunwusi From Becoming Ooni Of Ife. by : Olawale Olaleye

Some folks had challenged me to put out my facts as far as the emergence of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II is concerned and I’m doing just that now. From a few of the responses on the thread of my previous posts, it’s evident that the truth had been lost in the mix, either by design or default. But I’ll see to it now and set it straight.

In a concise form, I’d try as much as possible to reveal some of the untold stories of the emergence of the Ooni, with the hope that those, who had disagreed with me, would come out with their own facts, not necessarily agreeing with me.

I’d like to start by admitting that, Oba Ogunwusi as the 51st Ooni of Ife, was definitely ordained by God, and not any man, else enough efforts were made to frustrate his emergence. However, it was a destiny fulfilled through the instrumentality of certain individuals, but certainly not the Ifa Eko or Lion of Bourdilon as many delightfully believed.

For the record, Ile-Ife has four ruling houses, and I will list them with the respective predecessors to the current Oba. They are, Ooni Ademiluyi from the Lafogido rulling house; Ooni Aderemi, from Oshikola rulling House; Ooni Sijuade from the Ogboru rulling House and of course, the incumbent, Ooni Ogunwusi, from the Giesi rulling House.

Thus, following the passing of Ooni Okunade Sijuade, in July of 2015, Ile-Ife was literally thrown into a frenzy and turmoil, as the selection of a successor had elicited the interest of Lagos political leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who had an agenda to install his friend, Prince Dipo Eludoyin. But the prince was not interested and refused to be dragged into the tussle for the Obaship. In fact, he left for London, just to be out of sight.

Not satisfied, Tinubu went on to poach Prince Ayedun, a former commissioner in former Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s cabinet. That too was not to fly, because of the more intricate dimensions to the choice of the new Ooni, which would not ignore the standard process.

Mindful of the fact that the selection of the new Ooni was to come from the rotational system gazetted by the government of the late Chief Bola Ige in 1980, it would be nearly impossible to bypass the Giesi ruling house. That one factor, unfortunately, stood against all the machinations of Tinubu known to disrespect rules and process in everything.

With the Gazette, the Giesi rulling house was next to produce the new Ooni but Tinubu, as he is known to do with his other choices, wanted to politicise this renowned Yoruba tradition for his own political interests and gains. Whatever they were! But the Ife people resisted any such moves and his plot was subsequently exposed to former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who would naturally stand in opposition camp with Tinubu.

At this point, Obasanjo, a close friend to the leader of the Giesi rulling house, Professor Adeyemi Aderibigbe, a 95-year old former Deputy Minister of Defence to the then Defence Minister Ribadu (father of Nuhu Ribadu), took it up upon himself to salvage the Yoruba culture and tradition.

Having had a full knowledge of Tinubu’s moves to compromise the process, Obasanjo made a call to Aso Rock and told Professor Aderibigbe to go and report Tinubu’s efforts at truncating the traditional process of selecting the new Oba by its 16 Kingmakers to the president, Muhammadu Buhari. Of course, Baba Iyabo facilitated the appointment, even though the professor too has a rich network at the seat of power.

Incidentally, and perhaps, by providence, on the day Professor Aderibigbe got to the Villa, he was ushered into a waiting area and behold, Tinubu and Chief Bisi Akande were already seated, also waiting to meet with the president.

After about 10 minutes, President Buhari walked in and immediately elected to speak with the oldest man first, whom he knew from his previous cabinet as Head of State.

Typical of old men, who have nothing to lose, Professor Aderibigbe wasted no time to expose Tinubu’s plans in the presence of the President and Baba Akande and the President immediately turned to Asiwaju for response and reason for his involvement since this was an Osun matter and not Lagos State.

Obviously not expecting such an attack, Tinubu was clearly cornered and immediately backed down on his mission to install the new Ooni. The president’s intervention needed no further clarification.

Meanwhile, it is true that the Elegushi had earlier taken the Ooni to Tinubu before his eventual emergence, in the hope that he would buy into the idea, but Tinubu’s mind was already made up on the person he wanted as the new Ooni and that visit was just a formality. It was of no consequence. Oba Ogunwusi was the preferred choice, allegedly tipped for the throne even by the late Ooni.

I say with authority that when the Ooni, during his consultations met with Asiwaju Tinubu, the only thing he said to him was: “You can never be Ooni”. That’s it!

So, if you actually knew the story and still have your facts other than these, let’s talk about your authority. He didn’t make him Ooni. He vowed he’d never be Ooni and was shocked he became Ooni.

Except you have anything solid, please, you can’t compete with my facts. I can beat my chest and hedge my bet.

Besides, Aregbesola too had been receiving calls from prominent people, who prevailed on him not to disrupt a process already known to tradition. He was said to have squealed to his leader, that there might be crisis in Ile-Ife if he altered the process and urged that things be left as they were, because he was on the ground as governor.

Of course, that’s Tinubu for you. When Hon. Abike Dabiri and others took Hon. Mulikat Adeola to him in 2011 as the choice candidate for speaker, House of Representatives, how did that visit change the fact that he later had a deal with the other side and conceded the slot of the South-west to the north for purely selfish reasons, even after he had given his word to Mulikat.

Therefore, for those who did not know what the facts are, stop the falsehood. Tinubu did not support the Ooni, let alone make him one. He has no stake whatsoever in his Obaship. Pure and simple!

Dumbest thing have read on Nairaland

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ooni is just a a chief priest.
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by viyon02: 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Ooni is just a a chief priest.
No he represents the Gods of Yoruba land ok

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by viyon02: 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
well, that is typical of Tinubu, but I don't know how true it is. I wonder what God will do to this man.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by DMerciful(m): 10:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
You won't see the Yorubas here but will be looking for where Nnamdi Kanu is mentioned

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
DMerciful:
You won't see the Yorubas here but will be looking for where Nnamdi Kanu is mentioned

Where are you from?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by DMerciful(m): 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
SS
Osagyefo98:

Where are you from?
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
DMerciful:
SS
Mtcheeeeeew.
Na Dem..

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by DMerciful(m): 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
You did not dispute the fact that if it was a thread about Kanu, Yorubas would have filled the front page with response.
Osagyefo98:

Mtcheeeeeew.

Na Dem..
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by punisha: 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
sad

For those who find it difficult to read and need a brief summary.

OP is simply saying that Tinubu is against installation of the app Ooni found on Google Play Store.

God bless Nigerien Republic our country.
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 14, 2020
He bent down to greet Buhari.

But folded his hand to greet Ọọni.

Ọmọ àlè jatijati

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by orisa37: 2:12am On Sep 14, 2020
Good.

So TINUBU'S Interface with OBASANJO actually emboldened him into the whole of the SW POWER POLITICS. ODUDUWA LAND IS IN SERIOUS TROUBLE WITH THIS KIND OF TINUBU'S VORACIOUS AMBITIONS FOR POWER.

BANJI AKINTOYE SHOULD PLEASE WORK MORE CLOSELY WITH OBASANJO AND FALAE TO SALVAGE ODUDUWA TERRITORIES. THE TYPE OF TINUBU WILL CARELESSLY SELL YORUBAS TO THE ARABS.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by AsiwajuNdigbo: 4:22am On Sep 14, 2020
grin grin grin
If this is true it shows these people are truly slaves. Dragged a 95yr old man to go ask fulani help resolve their Oba tussle in Osun. See sophistication serving as footmat for an illiterate fulani to wipe feet. grin grin
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by naptu2: 4:38am On Sep 14, 2020
Muhammadu ribadu was not Nuhu Ribadu's father. People often make this mistake. Nuhu Ribadu told the BBC's Hausa service in 2005 that his father was not Muhammadu Ribadu. His father was Ahmadu Ribadu.

Muhammadu Ribadu was the minister of defence in the First Republic and Ribadu Road in Ikoyi was named after him. He lived at State House, Ribadu Road, which was later converted to Dodan Barracks after his death. He was not Nuhu Ribadu's father.

Ahmadu Ribadu was a member of Parliament in 1959 and he later became a commissioner in Gongola State in the 1970s. He is Nuhu Ribadu's father.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by juman(m): 5:26am On Sep 14, 2020
OP, you need mental examination in hospital.
What concern buhari with who become ooni?

Look, when obasanjo was president he wanted different person as oba of lagos but tinubu installed his preferred person as oba of lagos.
Talkless of now that obasanjo has no power.

It was aregbe that picked person to be ooni, likewise he picked a thug to be the king of iwo.
Go and watch video how the iwo people are angry with aregbe for picking a bad person as king on them.
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by seunmsg(m): 5:49am On Sep 14, 2020
Absolute rubbish.
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by joyandfaith: 6:00am On Sep 14, 2020
orisa37:
Good.

So TINUBU'S Interface with OBASANJO actually emboldened him into the whole of the SW POWER POLITICS. ODUDUWA LAND IS IN SERIOUS TROUBLE WITH THIS KIND OF TINUBU'S VORACIOUS AMBITIONS FOR POWER.

BANJI AKINTOYE SHOULD PLEASE WORK MORE CLOSELY WITH OBASANJO AND FALAE TO SALVAGE ODUDUWA TERRITORIES. THE TYPE OF TINUBU WILL CARELESSLY SELL YORUBAS TO THE ARABS.

I think he is. Who is tinubu in sw real politics.? most sw elders detest BAT and his style of politics.Osinbajo is main factor that is making BAT relevant in sw politics. I do not know of lagos.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by joyandfaith: 6:01am On Sep 14, 2020
juman:
OP, you need mental examination in hospital.
What concern buhari with who become ooni?

Look, when obasanjo was president he wanted different person as oba of lagos but tinubu installed his preferred person as oba of lagos.
Talkless of now that obasanjo has no power.

It was aregbe that picked person to be ooni, likewise he picked a thug to be the king of iwo.
Go and watch video how the iwo people are angry with aregbe for picking a bad person as king on them.

because present oba of Lagos was criminal. Obasanjo knew.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by anonimi: 6:13am On Sep 14, 2020
EastGold:
He bent down to greet Buhari.
But folded his hand to greet Ọọni.
Ọmọ àlè jatijati

Did you see how he greeted Alaafin also?
A bastard is always a bastard, no matter how much money he has stolen from the people.

Babasessy:

Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article)

The Awolowo rebirth in the Southwest has inspired gongs, songs and rhetoric of sorts. But they have missed one point.

It occurred to me in Abeokuta last week amidst the big crowds and euphoria of the swearing-in of Senator Ibikunle Amosun as governor. In all the states from Lagos to Edo, where Awo has witnessed ideological resurgence, hardly a single family member has played a role.

So we have an Awo family without an Awo. That is an irony. But history overwhelms us with this sort of twist. Obafemi Awolowo toiled for his reputation. His roots were lowly, he toiled to school both home and abroad, launched into careers in law, business, journalism and eventually politics. He carved a niche for himself, and became the first methodical and charismatic leftist in our history.  Other leftists abounded but they did not inspire comparable drama and following.

He faced tribulations, went to jail, failed in elections, won a few, but he imprinted his ideas and legacy in the country, and no single mortal has beaten him in the history of this country. His greatest achievement was in the area of ideas, and that was how he fashioned a family. Most families are born of biology but his issued from ideology. That family suffered with him.

In a spoof of Jesus Christ, these were the men who followed him in his teachings, and endured with him in his temptations. So he formed a kingdom for them in the Southwest, in the old Western Region, presiding over his projects, his legacies and people.

In all of these, the family he had was not his flesh and blood. In another spoof of Christ, who were his family anyway? Those who were with him must be counted as his family. So, I combed in the ambience of Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), and I found none. I went to Ogun, I frisked the crowd under Amosun’s bower, hardly any. Around Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in Osun, I could not lay a finger. With Governor Kayode Fayemi in Ekiti, where are the forbears of Awo? Yet, I can hear the chants of Awo. Hardly in any of the inaugural speeches or any of their other public intervention would you miss the philtre and filter of Awo from these gentlemen. To parody Novelist Joseph Conrad, they are the sparks from Awo’s sacred fire, the messengers of the might within the man.

Already all of them are pursuing the legacy ideas of Awo: free education, free health services, infrastructural development, urban renewal and economic engineering.

Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist. The others are putting up valiant efforts, and the world of course is watching to see how well they will perform. It will call for great work, resourcefulness and cooperation. They are the real Awoists, and Awo was a man of rigour and vigour.

The Awo son that many expected to take after the father was Olusegun, who unfortunately died in a car crash. We shall never know if he could have pulled it off.  But the others have not shown much of the paterfamilias’ brio and depth. In the past decade, under this republic, they have blended with the wrong crowd. Even H.I.D, hobnobbed with Alao-Akala, who brought illiteracy to governance; with Oyinlola who turned the grace of office into a hell-hole of despots; with Daniel who could not arrest his quick fall into megalomania.

I wrote once that this woman whom Awo once described as the jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause. If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death. Even his newspaper, The Tribune, has so stumbled and fallen that it swims in Awo’s vomit.

Groucho Max, one of the funniest satirists in American history, said of a man that he got his looks from his father. Then he quipped, “He was a plastic surgeon.” That means the son is not his real son, or he did not inherit his natural looks. Ideologically, when we talk of Awo’s family, the chief inheritor is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the leader of all the others. He was the one who stuck his neck out. He could have lost his life or ended his career in politics. The so-called real Awolowos who bear his surname cannot come up for mention. They are Awolowos but not Awoists. They stabbed their father in the back. They have committed ideological parricide.

The only person that made a real try was Awolowo-Dosunmu in the early 1990s and she lost roundly. She was accused of trying to ride her father’s coattail. Political families are good for democracies. They can exemplify the high ideals of diligence, dignity, ideas, character. We have seen these in such families as the Kennedys, the Adamses, the Roosevelts, the Ghandis. They just don’t claim family. They appeal to the high ideals that endeared the families to their societies.

It’s also an irony that these families are falling into twilight. Some of them have vanished. Enoch Powell, a British MP, once gave us the famous line: “All political lives, unless they are cut off midstream at a happy juncture, end in failure because that is the nature of politics and human affairs.”

Columnist Ambassador Dapo Fafowora adverted to this idea in a recent outing, and I debated it with him afterwards. I don’t believe that a political life should be judged by how it ends but what it means. The quote is often missed by many who mistake “careers” for “lives.” A political life should be judged by its legacies. If we judged Awo by how he ended, we would look at him only as the loser to Shagari. That is why I see an intrinsic mischief in Enoch’s quote. But I would agree that political families end also in failure if you judge how they peter out and not the legacy.

Awo’s legacy is alive and well. Members of other families in flesh and blood can carry on. Immediate families tend to suffer from what an author, Noemie Emery, describes as dynastic curse. The children tend to be intimidated by the standards set by the fathers. So they just don’t want to try. They feel they cannot match them or come even close.  The problem probably comes from the fathers themselves. The Adams, who produced important presidents, later gave birth to moral vagrants and drunks. The Bush daughters showed themselves as party girls when their father was contesting the political battle of his life.

But Joe Kennedy groomed his sons assiduously, and they excelled in politics. They also had a fair share of tragedies. Ted Kennedy regained his sobriety and voice in America after a season of debauchery. In Nigeria, we are seeing the Sarakis fade. A Saraki – Bukola - is wiping out the Sarakis from politics. It is a classic case of oedipal tragedy, something I predicted earlier this year on this page.

It is not late though for the flesh-and-blood Awolowos to join their father’s fold. But they must be genuine. Awo was the most important Yoruba personage in history after Oduduwa. They had stellar men like Oranmiyan, Balogun Latosa, Lisabi, Sodeke, et al. None of them had the unifying vision and organisational acumen that Awolowo gave the race. The wife, children and grandchildren should not watch others glow in his jewel without them.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/monday/sam-omatseye/index.1.html

fuzek:
THE General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly and running mate of Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) during the April 16 presidential election, Pastor Tunde Bakare, declared that it would be fool-hardy for “any bastard and the son of a concubine” to assume the leadership mantle of the Yoruba.

While preaching in his church in Lagos on the topic: “It is time to speak”, the fiery cleric said: “Look at the madness going on in Yoruba land. slowpoke, nincompoop, people without family background causing problem because of money, ill gotten wealth. If a town or settlement is at peace, the bastard there is yet to grow up.

“If you are a bastard, there is nothing you can do to cover up with money. Where is your father’s compound? A bastard pretending to be a patriot. We are proud of our heritage because we have goodly heritage. There are those who call themselves nobles who are under the influence of Jezebel. Until they drink kainkain, they cannot function. They pretend to be larger than life,” he added.

He likened the person angling to take over the leadership of the Yoruba to the Biblical Abimelech who forcefully took over a kingdom that did not belong to him and was eventually destroyed.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/100458-pastor-tunde-bakare-of-the-latter-rain-assembly-a-bastard-cant-rule-the-yorubas.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8514798_gbwa20190116170056_jpeg25822a5858058df34ca795fd9850312c

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by anonimi: 6:18am On Sep 14, 2020
joyandfaith:
I think he is. Who is tinubu in sw real politics.? most sw elders detest BAT and his style of politics. Osinbajo is main factor that is making BAT relevant in sw politics. I do not know of lagos.

He is a glorified agbero, drug dealer and bastard.
No more, no less.

http://saharareporters.com/2009/02/18/bola-tinubus-heroin-tainted-assets-forfeiture-judgement

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1206437_2e8d204456ddaca651c21c258cad334b_jpg2c86cdb1543edff718fbaebc74f4b873

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2147911_cymera20150222114530_jpegbb7cc5a3cc7ccee7c2b50b7bb8f36287

ZombieNation:
The canker worm Tinubu was the first governor to turn state house of assemblies to rubber stamps.

The Lagos state national assembly passed a pension bill for elected officials which included Tinubu.

Under the bill, Lagos is saddled with maintaining Tinubu for the rest of his life on the prevailing full salary a sitting governor is entitled to.

The pension bill for Tinubu also includes choice properties bought and paid for by the state in Abuja, Lagos and abroad.

Tinubu also has the choice of 5 executive cars to be replaced every 5yrs.

Recall also that Tinubu is on record to be the only elected governor in the history of modern democracy to have had 4 deputies in 8yrs!

The man is a rotten egg who spear headed corruption in Nigeria to new levels and the financial bankruptcy of acn states under his leprosy grip is evidence of his systematic kleptomaniac.

Thief

http://www.bribenigeria.com/nigerian-corruption-a-higher-level-tinubus-massive-looting-of-lagos-uncovered/

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/178114-tinubu-is-corruption-personified-nigerian-minister.html

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/corruption-tinubu-is-worse-than-ibori-pdpurge-tinubu-to-disclose-source-of-wealth/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3089787_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 14, 2020
DMerciful:
You did not dispute the fact that if it was a thread about Kanu, Yorubas would have filled the front page with response.

I no get time for all these SS issues or comments, I keep on saying that before it ends in insults.

Very soon Dem go know weda u want claim them.
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 14, 2020
anonimi:

Did you see how he greeted Alaafin also?
A bastard is always a bastard, no matter how much money he has stolen from the people.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8514798_gbwa20190116170056_jpeg25822a5858058df34ca795fd9850312c

How do you expect him to greet Àlaafin and moreover Tinubu might be same age as Àlaafin.
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by anonimi: 7:36am On Sep 14, 2020
Osagyefo98:
How do you expect him to greet Àlaafin and moreover Tinubu might be same age as Àlaafin.

It is not about age, but the institution that they represent.
Moreover, why don’t you find out the age of both men before writing? That should not be so difficult, innit?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by Babacele: 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
joyandfaith:

because present oba of Lagos was criminal. Obasanjo knew.
how is the Oba ,a retired police commissioner and well respected public officer cum community leader a criminal? .....especially when compared to those under whose nose billions of naira meant for electricity disappeared only to give us pitch darkness? Where is your evidence for I just threw you a salvo?
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by orisa37: 4:06am On Sep 15, 2020
joyandfaith:

I think he is. Who is tinubu in sw real politics.? most sw elders detest BAT and his style of politics.Osinbajo is main factor that is making BAT relevant in sw politics. I do not know of lagos.

TINUBU has buried many FULANI HERDSMEN's LIFE CATTLE EVERYWHERE IN LAGOS INCLUDING AKIOLU'S PALACE
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by orisa37: 4:39am On Sep 15, 2020
NO GOVERNOR INSTALLS NO MONARCH IN ANY YORUBALAND.

KINGMAKERS COUNCILS SELECT OBAS AND USES GOVERNORS AS SECRETARIES TO DELIVER STAFF OF OFFICE.

ANY AUTHORITY MORE THAN THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION WILL CERTAINLY TANTAMOUNT TO USURPING THE POWERS OF THE TRADITIONAL KINGMAKERS' POWERS.

GOVERNORS ARE NOT GODS. TRADITIONAL RULERS ARE THE CUSTODIANS OF THE LANDS FOR GOD AND ARE ACTING GOD ANYTIME ANY DAY.
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by ejimatic: 7:17am On Sep 15, 2020
agbaman1782:
#Copied from Olukayode Nathan wall

. Thank you for your analysis I will however look at the emergence of Ooni Ogunwusi from another dimension to corroborate what you said...When OBA Sijuwade died Ife people by tradition and rotation knew Gieesi ruling house was the next to produce the Ooni.Giesi ruling house is at Moore in Ife.There is a ward in the area.The More ward is known for supporting APC in every election .So APC in Osun favoured the ruling house.In fact Sikiru Ayedun is from Giesi house..When Ife chiefs went to Osogbo to meet with Raifu Aregbesola the then governor he told them that with the record before him from the file he got from the Ministry of Local Government it is Gieesi ruling house that would present the next Ooni. So he told the chiefs to present a candidate from the family.Additionally when Obasanjo came to Ife he told the chiefs to install a good candidate for the throne because Ooni seat is a special throne in Yoruba Land.The only ruling house that was opposing Giesi i house then was Lafogido ruling house .The house went to court to challenge the process of Obaship in Ife.The Lafogido believed it was their turn because Giesi allowed Ogboru to present Oni in 1980. Giesi house felt cheated by the choice of Ooni Sijuwade in 1980 and it was reported that they did not take part in Ife modakeke war in 1980 and1983 including that of 1997.Having zeroed the kingship to Giesi house a lot of people came out to contest including a man who contested the throne with Ooni Sijuwade in 1980 now 85 years. Sikiru Ayedun and Maye of Ife Raymond' Adedoyin with many others came on board for the contest. .Money was spent by the princes of Gieesi house as expected.Ife people believed that since Giiesi is known for APC the party will support the house to present a king...OBA Adeyeye was favoured by Ife chiefs.In my opinion I think he was ordained to be a king by God.His father ,Ropo Ogunwusi ,a former journalist ,said his grandfather at birth usually called him Ooni Adeyeye when the new kabiyesi was still a young child.. When Lafogido ruling house led by Sooko Adedoyin withdrew its case on Friday the governor Aregbesola announced the approval of Ooni Ogunwusi as the new Ooni of Ife. on Saturday.
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by ThatFairGuy1: 7:22am On Sep 15, 2020
Very Foolish write-up.

He must be around when it was related to the president.

In Yorubaland, no one intervene in Obaship aside the afobaje(kingmakers).

Must you all tag Tinubu with everything! Not to talk of Aregbesola that doesn't interfere with enthronement during his reign.
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 15, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Very Foolish write-up.

He must be around when it was related to the president.

In Yorubaland, no one intervene in Obaship aside the afobaje(kingmakers).

Must you all tag Tinubu with everything! Not to talk of Aregbesola that doesn't interfere with enthronement during his reign.

Are you defending Tinubu because he is a Muslim like you?
Re: Tinubu Never Install The Ooni by agbaman1782(m): 7:32am On Sep 15, 2020
orisa37:
NO GOVERNOR INSTALLS NO MONARCH IN ANY YORUBALAND.

KINGMAKERS COUNCILS SELECT OBAS AND USES GOVERNORS AS SECRETARIES TO DELIVER STAFF OF OFFICE.

ANY AUTHORITY MORE THAN THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION WILL CERTAINLY TANTAMOUNT TO USURPING THE POWERS OF THE TRADITIONAL KINGMAKERS' POWERS.

GOVERNORS ARE NOT GODS. TRADITIONAL RULERS ARE THE CUSTODIANS OF THE LANDS FOR GOD AND ARE ACTING GOD ANYTIME ANY DAY.
That's what we all use to think not until government Official started exercising their power by remove and impose traditional ruler on us, but I still believe there's some strong traditional ruler that is left only for the king maker to decide ... Good example is the style and process use in Benin Kingdom I don't think there is any government official that has any influence on the process adopt in benin, which is the main reason why Oba of Benin will always command respect among every other traditional ruler, even among the government official and the politicians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

After Last Nights Debate, Voting Ize Iyamu Is Lunacy! / Imagine Arewa(northern Nigeria) Is An Independent Country / How A Dot In The Circle Conquered The Arab World In Six Days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.