Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

10 Reasons Divroce Might Be Extremely Bad For You! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Reasons Divroce Might Be Extremely Bad For You! (293 Views)

I'm Feeling Bad For My Action. My Spirit Is Down / 10 Reasons Why Your Husband May Be Cheating On You / 10 Reasons Why Married Men Cheat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Divroce Might Be Extremely Bad For You! by Nobody: 3:16am On Sep 14, 2020
Well! To begin with, I am not a fan of divorce; the reason is a story for another meeting. Also, I am not a fan of "till death do us part".

The reason is simple. If you kill me psychologically via PTSD, narcissist/manipulative behaviour, etc, all in the battle for supremacy, rebellion, resentment, dissatisfaction or disappointment brewing from unmet expectations, the oath binding us is broken, and you are free to do as you wish.

Studies have shown that it is only a handful of partners that find it difficult to move on or engage in committed relationships at the death of their partner. It is not easy and sometimes, it is better to forget.

It is, therefore, my humble prayer that none of us will lose our beloved life partner to the cold hands of death before the fullness of time, amen.

Some months ago, I had a session with a nairalander, and that is what inspired this thread. After listening to her story, the first word she said, was that she wanted a divorce and custody of the children. Their father can visit as he pleases and they can also visit him. All she wanted was peace of mind from the husband's wahala and emotional torture.

At the end of the session, she discovered she had better options than outright divorce, she was happy she could simply pause the marriage, as well as the possibility of resuming it, when the husband came to his senses. I am not taking sides, but as a man, sometimes, you hear the deeds of fellow men and you wonder if a man could actually do that when he had better options.

It got me thinking, why most marriages end in divorce?

Why do a majority of couple resort to divorce immediately their marriage is in troubled waters or has been there for a while, and the tempest, instead of it to just be calming down like that, will ignore all prayers and entreaties as Poseidon did odyssey?
Re: 10 Reasons Divroce Might Be Extremely Bad For You! by Nobody: 3:36am On Sep 14, 2020
While in many of the cases I have handled, all I saw was rage, anger, frustration and bitterness, which left me wondering if these couples once shared dreams of a blissful future together, exchanged semen, angels and demons alike, during coital moments, as well as, dreams of a better family and future winning during post-coital moments.

Or, is it possible that a partner's post-coital moments were filled with rage, anger and disappointment, and he/she never spoke out, until it snowballed in this monster culminating in divorce?

I have also seen cases wherein the couples realized their foolery and misbehaviours during free mediation at the Lagos Settlement Week, or during the compulsory conference ordered by the court in divorce proceedings, and they settle their differences and return home happy.

In one of the cases I witnessed, the petitioner was already pregnant with the respondent’s second child, while the matter was still pending at the High Court of Lagos State. At the time I was handed the file, the parties had given birth to a baby boy and the case died a natural death.
Re: 10 Reasons Divroce Might Be Extremely Bad For You! by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 14, 2020
In some cases, the children of the marriage were been used as jokers to score a cheap point against each other, thereby occasioning them everlasting psychological damage and ruining their childhood.

Most of the time, all these damage, bitterness and emotional baggage are mainly visible during divorce proceedings, and we always end up regretting it for life. Also, these will form part of the records of the court, which are by law considered public documents.

So what other alternatives can we consider?

Why should you consider them, and what advantages do they possess?

Let consider if the law provided for other alternatives and the circumstances that should warrant their activation and usage.
Re: 10 Reasons Divroce Might Be Extremely Bad For You! by ggirl4real: 8:40am On Sep 14, 2020
Divorce should be the last option after all other measures of settlement have been exhausted.

I advise separation for a while in cases involving domestic violence

(1) (Reply)

Most Family Don't Know Why Hospital Bills Are Very Expensive And How To Pay Less / Brand New Ladies Flats. Sizes 39-44 / Married Or About To, This Is For You. (facts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.