Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Pictures Of The Real Lagos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Real Lagos (11078 Views)

The Real Reason Why Arik Air Did Not Fly Today / The Real Reasons Behind Dana Air Crash / The Real Reasons Behind The Dana Air Crash! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Real Lagos by honeric01(m): 2:04pm On Aug 16, 2007
err, what do u mean?
Re: Pictures Of The Real Lagos by sscollins: 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2007
I'm not sure what the picture is of?
Re: Pictures Of The Real Lagos by honeric01(m): 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2007
its a road side in a place in lagos
Re: Pictures Of The Real Lagos by Digiman(m): 8:37am On Aug 17, 2007
Jakumo

There are a few places where underground drainage syetems have been constructed. I happen to have witnessed the construction of Obafemi Awolowo Way in Ikeja from onset to completion because used to live there, I witnessed the laying of the huge drainage pipes and also the domestic water supply pipes followed by the street lights all the way up to the secretariat and beyond.
To date the water supply is constant and also the drainage system still works, I checked it last time I visited.

The problem is there has not been adequate planning in the past but now the situation changing but its only in the newly developing areas that such issues are being addressed by the planners e.t.c
Re: Pictures Of The Real Lagos by honeric01(m): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2007
that's true

Re: Pictures Of The Real Lagos by c0274309: 2:17pm On Jan 12, 2009
Nice pic of Oshodi - Apapa Expressway. Reminds me of those green overhead road signs drivers never remember using wink.

For those that keep complaining about posted pics , pls get a life!!!

I remember someone did the "Pictures Of The Real London" forum a few months back (showcasted even on BBC) and it was ok then.

Why do people especially Naijas take the truth so bad, abi una no know say e go bitter before!!!

Abeg more pics of dear ol Lagos ojare!!! cheesy
Re: Pictures Of The Real Lagos by Sammy107d(m): 8:03am On Jan 13, 2009
dat little girl on a canoe and my desktop just makes me, happy.
Re: Pictures Of The Real Lagos by tpia: 10:11am On Jan 13, 2009
Re: Pictures Of The Real Lagos by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 13, 2009
Nice realistic pictures of lagos - some not nice, some very nice, good mixture.

Tpia: What do you remember about those blue litter baskets?
That they're mostly empty, while most of the ground around them teem with rubbish? grin

I spent a year in Surulere, and loved it, can't remember it being as bad as some of the places shown here. tongue
Re: Pictures Of The Real Lagos by tpia: 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2009
Re: Pictures Of The Real Lagos by Blamaco11: 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2013
dblock: The real Lagos

Every One knows that The whole of Lagos is one Giant Refuse Dump, V.I, Ikoyi, Lagos Island are just make believe Areas.

I have never had to laugh at a statement, the way I laughed at yours, for a start, Slums are not a natural phenomena, they are not built by Governments or institutions, they are not planned for, indeed slums emerge when governments and civil societies make no plan for the populace and lose control of town planning.

Years of military rule, where government officials ,particularly state governors, were appointed, often times having no affiliation to the state they were posted to, meant that local governments at the grassroots were moribund and completely ineffective.

The posh parts of Lagos are a testimony to what Lagos and Nigeria can be. Slums are not the real Lagos.
Re: Pictures Of The Real Lagos by blessingono1: 8:14am On Sep 01, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Baiyeku, Ikorodu Laments Bad Roads, Seeks Govt Intervention / Agencies Buy Air Ticket Abroad For Intending Travellers Due To Dollar Scarcity / Us Announces New Visa Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.