Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:21 AM

Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba (1371 Views)

VP Osinbajo Was Never Booed In Kano (pictures) / Ex-Governor T.A Orji Booed In Abia - The Sun / Governor T.A Orji Booed, Pelted At Bishop Ezeonyia's Burial In Aba! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by asha80(m): 3:15am On Feb 25, 2011
Presidential rally: Orji booed in Aba
…As Jonathan promises to industrialize the city
From Our reporter
Friday, February 25, 2011
•Theodore
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Underscoring his unpopularity, Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State was yesterday at the Enyimba Stadium, booed by the large crowd that thronged the sports complex for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential rally.

[b]This was the second time the governor would be suffering such embarrassment in less than a year in the hands of Aba residents who were not happy that the city had suffered much deprivation under his administration.

The first of such humiliation was at the famous Christ the King Catholic Church (CKC), Aba, where Orji went sometime last year to address Catholic faithful who gathered to seek God’s intervention for the kidnap menace which ravaged the city until recently.

Orji was not only booed at the CKC premises, but was also pelted with sachet water. The Catholic Bishop of Aba Diocese saved the situation.
Perhaps buoyed by what he saw two weeks ago when some of his supporters organized a reception for him in Aba, the governor was made to carry a false sense of acceptability in the Enyimba city, but he was wrong.

Orji’s trouble started when the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan was addressing the crowd and mentioned the governor’s name, the crowd responded in disapproval. Subsequently, as his name was mentioned, there were repeated thunderous shouts of “No! No! We don’t want him, we don’t want him.”

Then the governor was further embarrassed when he stepped forward to address the people. Hardly had he opened his mouth to say Aba Kwenu than, the crowd booed him relentlessly. Shouts of “we don’t need you! We don’t need you!! Come and build our roads, use Abia money to build our roads, most of the roads in Aba are bad,” rent the air.[/b]

Addressing the rally, President Goodluck Jonathan expressed the Federal Government’s commitment to the industrialization of Aba, adding that the first made in Nigeria aircraft would come from the city.
“The military of Nigeria and that of Brazil started about the same time, but Brazil started to manufacture aircraft about 10 years ago. I hope and pray to God that I will be alive to see the first aircraft manufactured in Nigeria and it should come from Aba. ”

He said with the Alaoji power plant in Aba, one of the biggest in the country billed to be completed before the middle of the year, the city which was captured in the vision 20 20-20 initiative of the Federal Government, would be one of the industrialized cities in the country. He promised to tackle the erosion menace, which had ravaged the South-east zone.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/feb/25/national-25-02-2011-002.htm
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by Nobody: 4:02am On Feb 25, 2011
He should have passed out a plate of apku to everyone present. That would have shut them up. Atleast no one of them will be complaining of starvation again.
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by SweetT1: 4:08am On Feb 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

He should have passed out a plate of apku to everyone present. That would have shut them up. Atleast no one of them will be complaining of starvation again.

Don't you have an homework to do? How did you allow your mom to let you get on a computer??
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by solihu(m): 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2011
Na wa o!
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by EzeUche2(m): 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2011
This man deserves to be booed.
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by Ibime(m): 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2011
They should first boo GEJ for returning the incompetent nincompoop to his seat just so he can deliver delegates.
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by Dede1(m): 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

If you had stayed with akpu instead of amala your ugly legs would have looked beautiful. grin grin
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by EzeUche2(m): 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2011
Dede1:

If you had stayed with akpu instead of amala your ugly legs would have looked beautiful. grin grin

grin shocked grin
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by 1025: 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2011
jonathan and his line up are a bunch of incompetent groups.
Buhari-Bakare 2011 is the way.
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 26, 2011
I say, the man should have passed out free apkus
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by solihu(m): 2:00am On Feb 26, 2011
^^Would you mind educating on the 'striking' diffence between 'akpu' and 'fufu'?
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 26, 2011
what is Kalu looking for again in abia? they should have stonned him

meanwhile wats with all the igbo fascist on nairaland cant we read a thread about igbo people without nasty comments from all corners , i actually made a comment somewhere about naeto c and his msc instead of people to talk about it or dismiss it they found it more convinient to attack his tribe. i tire for nigerians .
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by Dede1(m): 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I say, the man should have passed out free apkus

So passing out free amala is the only political gimmick anyone needs to do in order to secure elevated political position in Ekiti State? No wonder backwardness is a twin sister to Ekiti State.
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by muyoto: 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2011
solihu:

^^Would you mind[b] educating[/b] on the 'striking' diffence between 'akpu' and 'fufu'?

Educating what? dolt like you

transitive verbs shld always go with an object
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 26, 2011
This is democracy in action.

However much wealth Orji has acquired, what happened in Aba was a deep personal embarrassment to him. Nobody likes to be rejected by their own people.

Subsequent governors will feel the need to perform, to avoid this sort of backlash.

This is how development occurs in a democratic dispensation.

We're getting there.  wink
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by solihu(m): 5:33pm On Feb 26, 2011
@ Muyoto

To tell you the truth, I'll forgive myself for typing hurriedly with a phone without the privilege of previewing my post.

Consider it as a typo. That being said, I can't fathom any reason for your outburst. For your info this akpu & fufu stuff na same to me and I dey chop am like say tomorrow no dey!

Seriously, as a gentleman what do I offer you? A plate of fufu, gbegiri ati ewedu / akpu with oha soup and a couple of chilled bottles with the hope we would be even afterwards?
I'm not bothered by your insolence.
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2011
solihu:

@ Muyoto

To tell you the truth, I'll forgive myself for typing hurriedly with a phone without the privilege of previewing my post.

Consider it as a typo. That being said, I can't fathom any reason for your outburst. For your info this akpu & fufu stuff na same to me and I dey chop am like say tomorrow no dey!

Seriously, as a gentleman what do I offer you? A plate of fufu, gbegiri ati ewedu / akpu with oha soup and a couple of chilled bottles with the hope we would be even afterwards?
I'm not bothered by your insolence.

my brother this people tire me , these people are children that live and are bored in the united states. their threads are all over nairaland filled with hatred and disgust and we say they are the leaders of tommorrow. they better remain wherever they are and never bother stepping foot in nigeria cause they will cause more damage.
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by ReachRich(m): 7:48pm On Feb 26, 2011
T A Orji is the worst governor Abia state has ever had in its history.I just hope this booing will translate to less votes for Orji.Vote Chris Akomas for Abia Governor & Orji Uzor Kalu for Abia North Senate.PPA, prosperity to the people.
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by asha80(m): 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2011
ReachRich:

T A Orji is the worst governor Abia state has ever had in its history.I just hope this booing will translate to less votes for Orji.Vote Chris Akomas for Abia Governor & Orji Uzor Kalu for Abia North Senate.PPA, prosperity to the people.

haha you no serious
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by EzeUche2(m): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2011
ReachRich:

T A Orji is the worst governor Abia state has ever had in its history.I just hope this booing will translate to less votes for Orji.Vote Chris Akomas for Abia Governor & Orji Uzor Kalu for Abia North Senate.[/b]PPA, prosperity to the people.

[b]Chineke kpokwa gi oku!
angry angry angry
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by beneli(m): 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2011
ReachRich:

Very interesting!

So OUK wants to be a senator does he?! I laugh in unadulterated Ngwa!! Clearly the dude has the structures on ground to give PDP a run for their money in Abia state and he may even cause an upset in the governorship elections, but if Abia really wants to oust T.A out of office they should vote strategically, and go with APGA.

PPA should be a NO NO . . .
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by EzeUche2(m): 9:40pm On Feb 26, 2011
^^^

APGA! APGA! APGA!

Reagan Ufomba is the man I support.
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by ezeagu(m): 9:42pm On Feb 26, 2011
Orji Uzor Kalu was better for Abia State.
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by asha80(m): 9:42pm On Feb 26, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

APGA! APGA! APGA!

Reagan Ufomba is the man I support.

what is the guy's pedigree?does apga have structures on ground in abia  undecided
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by EzeUche2(m): 9:54pm On Feb 26, 2011
ezeagu:

Orji Uzor Kalu was better for Abia State.

You must not be from Abia State to speak such nonsense.
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by asha80(m): 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2011
EzeUche_:

i think what he meant is that OUK perfomed better than theodore but we all know that both sucks grin
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by ezeagu(m): 10:33pm On Feb 26, 2011
EzeUche_:

Where were the kidnappers when Orji Kalu was in power? Was Osisikankwu and the other trees of the forest not respecting themselves? Abia was much better when Orji Kalu was in power, at least the military didn't need to be called in and a nation needs someone like Orji Kalu sometimes to kpa brain.
Re: Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba by ReachRich(m): 12:12am On Feb 27, 2011
Orji Kalu performed far much better than Thief T A Orji.Kalu within 6 months in office built most of the roads in Aba.There was nothing like kidnapping during Kalu's regime.Abia was relatively peaceful.Civil servants were paid their salaries as at when due & contractions were always paid after executing their jobs.In Abia now,T A Orji is owing contractors billions on naira.He is busy buying every available space in Umuahia.

(1) (Reply)

Dame Patience Jonathan Is Jonathan's Greatest Asset / Why Is The Buhari Supporter Soooooooooooooooo Angry? / My Refelection On 10,000 Jobs Offer For Imo Youths.-comr. Ikenna Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.