Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election (1457 Views)

David Hundeyin Accuses Tinubu Of Submitting Fake Certificate To INEC (Photos) / Copy And Paste’ — Dele Momodu Accuses Tinubu Of Repackaging Abiola’s Manifesto / Adamu, APC Accuses Tinubu Of Breaching Agreements On Campaign Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by Lagosfinder(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2020
Edo state State Peoples Democratic Party Campaign Council has raised the alarm over a plot by the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and APC chieftains in Edo to rig and buy votes during the September 19 governorship election with N300 million polled from local councils in Lagos State.

Chairman of the council’s publicity and media committee, Chris Osa Nehikhare, in a statement, said intelligence available to the council revealed that the local councils in Lagos State have been mandated to contribute N15 million each to finance the rigging plan.

According to him, “We are once again drawing the attention of the world and all lovers of democracy to the glaring fact that the APC is attempting to rig the Edo 2020 governorship election scheduled for Saturday, September 19, 2020, by mobilising N300 million from Lagos State local councils, each council contributing N15 million to execute the sinister plan.

READ ALSO: The blood that runs in my veins is same that runs in every Nigerian ― Tinubu
“It is regrettable and disturbing that at a time when Lagosians are suffering from the vagaries of biting economic hardship superintendent by the APC government’s policies, the party is deploying Lagos State’s resources to subvert the will of Edo People.”

But in his reaction, the Chairman of the APC Media Campaign Council, Mr. John Mayaki alleged that Nehikhare “fabricated” the story.

He said, “The PDP is renowned countrywide for its matchless fabrications. They are masters of falsehood, but whenever Nehikhare gets excited and tries to fabricate one, he overdoes it. It is glaring that the man did not know what he was saying. He should meet Chief Dan Orbih, his mentor, to teach him the art.”

Mayaki explained further that, “Edo people know that APC has no interest in dishonest politics. What do we stand to gain from buying votes that the people have already promised us? Why would Lagos local government councils raise that kind of money for us? Don’t they have anything to do with the money in Lagos? If Lagos went about furnishing APC states with that kind of outrageous sum, what will they use to develop themselves? I think their claim is due to our earlier exposure on Obaseki’s order to council chairmen to release the sum of N1.7 million to 18 local government Electoral Officers (EOs)”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/edo-2020-pdp-accuses-tinubu-of-using-council-money-to-win-edo-election/

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by Mraphel: 8:39am On Sep 14, 2020
Buying votes is not a new thing to PDP and APC but rigging of election must be discouraged

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by wwwihy: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2020
PDP can cry, wail ....what

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by Jafar1: 8:44am On Sep 14, 2020
Why are PDP scared??
Are they losing already??

Cry babies!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by Charmingrascal(m): 8:46am On Sep 14, 2020
Why is PDP scared of Tinubu in Edo

Tinubu's influence should not bother them since they have been shouting Edo is not Lagos.

Cry cry babies

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by hajimosho(m): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2020
I think their claim is due to our earlier exposure on Obaseki’s order to council chairmen to release the sum of N1.7 million to 18 local government Electoral Officers (EOs)”.

Normal banter but an unreasonable one from Nehikhare.

• Asiwaju does not need donation to fund an election.
• He has ignored Edo state verbally and physically but PDP are still having restless night over him. They will soon organise a world press conference
grin

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by loopman: 8:50am On Sep 14, 2020
Shebi Edo is not Lagos? grin cheesy

Dem go trash and teach Obasgone a lesson in politics this weekend

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by Judeerons32: 9:39am On Sep 14, 2020
These pdp allegations are becoming boring with different one 3 times a day. Some statements are better ignored. To start with there are more than 20 councils/lcda in Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by strangest(m): 11:17am On Sep 14, 2020
BoBo Chicago on the beat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by ggirl4real: 11:37am On Sep 14, 2020
This is just an allegation

Although I don't trust these politicians shaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by favor914: 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
Charmingrascal:
Why is PDP scared of Tinubu in Edo

Tinubu's influence should not bother them since they have been shouting Edo is not Lagos.

Cry cry babies
Can’t agree any better.
Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by favor914: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
ggirl4real:
This is just an allegation

Although I don't trust these politicians shaa
It is true, Captain Hosa has also donated $7 million, Obaseki must go.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by Donaldomo(m): 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2020
Edo must be Lagos, the money must be used! His doctors should stay close to Obagone now, cos the defeat will be traumatic!! He will be made to respect elders by force and by �!!

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by Donaldomo(m): 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2020
Edo must be Lagos, the money must be used! Doctors should stay close to Obagone now, cos the defeat will be traumatic!! He will be made to respect elders by force and by �!!
Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by iokpebholo: 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
Bourdillion crook on d beat again and yet some block heads will tell us that he is d Messiah we are waiting for.mchewww
Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by loopman: 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
iokpebholo:
Bourdillion crook on d beat again and yet some block heads will tell us that he is d Messiah we are waiting for.mchewww

Which state are you from? That may be the next target! grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by Lipscomb(m): 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
One of the potopoto land the capital of poverty in the southeast.
loopman:

Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by iokpebholo: 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
loopman:

Am from Edo state sir,I have my voters card and am supporting Obaseki and for ondo state I pray Akeredulu come out victorious.Thank u
Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by iokpebholo: 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2020
loopman:

u think everybody is an igbo man?Y must u always behave like a ram?
Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by WATCHOVER(m): 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
Misleading head line from Vanguard
Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by loopman: 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
iokpebholo:
u think everybody is am igbo man?Y must u always behave like a ram?

You are the ram here. I didn’t mention anything about Igbo but you couldn’t resist being foolish grin
Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by loopman: 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
iokpebholo:
Am from Edo state sir,I have my voters card and am supporting Obaseki and for ondo state I pray Akeredulu come out victorious.Thank u

If you are from Edo, Just go out there on Saturday, vote jelejey and go home, don’t let Shuaibu use your head to break coconut. grin cheesy
Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by Wuradaddy01: 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2020
Cry cry PDP

Does that mean Edo election will be determined by N300 million from Tinubu and PDP are out of cash ?

Does that mean Obaseki has been spending paper to attain the PDP govnr ticket and for all the campaigns PDP has done so far ?

Why pot calling kettle black ?

Saturday is around the corner
Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by iokpebholo: 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
loopman:

If you are from Edo, Just go out there on Saturday, vote jelejey and go home, don’t let Shuaibu use your head to break coconut. grin cheesy
grin grin grin ;DNo shaking.Obaseki all d way
Re: Edo 2020: PDP Accuses Tinubu Of Using Council Money To Win Edo Election by Zendinho(m): 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
When election result is announced on Saturday,
Some people will be like.... grin

(1) (Reply)

Imo State Shall Be The Grave Yard Of Ipob/esn/unknown Gunmen / I Can't Keep This To Myself Anymore. / Nnamdi Kanu And His Scam Called Biafra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.