Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse (26129 Views)

Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema, Other Football Stars Enjoying Their Vacation (Photos) / Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A / Arsenal Star Aubameyang Responds To Racial Abuse From Tottenham Fan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by TalkTalkTwins(m): 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ok
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by atobs4real(m): 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
THEY SHOULD CONTINUE MANAGING THE STIGMA.
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by compton11(m): 4:48pm On Sep 14, 2020
Bkayyy:
Stop including Neymar ( a hypocrite) as a player that suffered racism.
Here is Neymar's view on racism when he was in South America.
The dude (Neymar) said "it's not like I'm black you know" while saying that there is nothing like racism.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/30/opinion/is-neymar-black-brazil-and-the-painful-relativity-of-race.html
neymar tried to see himself as white for many years but when he moved to Europe,he stop that shit.

you will see that he is doing afrocentric hairstyle now compare to Eurocentric hairstyle he used to do in Brazil.

Race in Brazil is complicated and fill with confusion.
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by Sweetcho: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2020
mantosa:
Racism in sports has been the long-term concern of sport governing bodies especially UEFA. The European football governing body keeps placing orders and guidelines every season to curtail the menace among players, fans and sister associations. Every other year, the association trains coaches, fans and players to accept racial differences among all parties involved but racial profiling still continues despite all passive efforts to stop this.

The new football season could have brought excitement to the fans and players, but the cloud of uncertainty that surrounded Ligue 1 holds resentment to officials and executives of the league after the clash between PSG and Olympique Marseille that resulted in 12 yellow cards and 5 red cards. PSG might have lost that game by a goal to nil but the circumstance leading to the fight between home and opposition will live in the eyes of fans all over the world.

The sending off of Neymar raised eyebrows as Marseille’s centre defender Alvaro Gonzalez was fingered out as the perpetrator of that brawl. Neymar reported to the assistant referee on his side of the dugout. This event proves that even Southern Americans are irresistible to racial slurs. No other race has suffered racism more than Africans in football. Taking a knee and flying #BlackLivesMatter is not enough as over the years, racism in Italy, England, France and Spain has escalated in major football countries. Here are some players who have been racially abused in the past:

SAMUEL ETO’O

As one of Africa’s most decorated footballers, the former Cameroonian striker was the target of white fans during his stint at Barcelona C.F., Spain. His horrible experience at Spain only stopped after Barca’s swap deal with Inter Milan for Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Eto’o went on to win the UEFA Champions League with Inter Milan.

MARIO BALOTELLI

The talented Italian might have had awful moments with press and managers but having bananas thrown at him by opposition fans in Italy is the worst he could have been subjected to in a turbulent career.

SULLEY MUNTARI

The Ghanaian midfielder did not gain enough support during his experience when his Pescara teammates beckoned on him to return to the pitch after opposition fans lashed racial slurs at him. The nightmare continued when he got banned for reporting the case despite investigations from post-match videos.

ABEBAYO AKINFEWA

The heavily-built British-Nigerian footballer was called ‘BEAST’ by opposition fans last season when he lined up for Wycombe Wanderers FC in England’s lower ties. The incident did not sit well with him as he gained interviews and media features after his experience with racism.

source: https://tushmagazine.com.ng/neymar-and-four-other-football-players-who-have-suffered-racial-abuse/

As for that fool neymar he thought he was a white man in brazil, but when he stepped out of that south/latin American country he soon got his black card

2 Likes

Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by compton11(m): 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2020
Jobia:
What race is Neymar? I'm confused
confused race. gringrin

1 Like

Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by compton11(m): 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
Sweetcho:

As for that fool neymar he thought he was a white man in brazil, but when he stepped out of that south/latin American country he soon got his black card
I just said that shit now Bro.
u will see his hairstyle is now afrocentric compare to when he was in Brazil.

he did want to be white so bad before but he stopped when he moved to Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by kolajoo(m): 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
U forgot to add our wonderful Jayjay
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by Karleb(m): 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2020
Lamasta:
Dani Alves too suffered racism his own was that he was thrown banana in return he picked it up and ate it in front of the fans and continued his game....

SAY NO TO RACISM.

You just have to love Dani Alves.

2 Likes

Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by psalmylee(m): 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2020
Promoter2:
Balotelli is a regular victim.

Eto'o and Drogba suffered quite much too.

I doubt Neymar was racially abused in the match Marseille. However, I can't completely conclude.u watched the match abii..typical

Boost patronage with the right social media advertising techniques. See my siggy
were u on the pitch with him..Typical African mentality.. Always wanting the downfall of his fellow race
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by Mryacks: 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
Sweetcho:

Oh wow I wonder why he'd that...other black/mixed race players from Brazil that are lighter in skin color than him suffered racist abuse before him. E.g. Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo da Lima, Rivaldo, etc
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
Will Neymar Jr. accept that he is a black man? Even in Brazil there is this whitening policy where the the blacks are married to the whites and give birth to light skin kids so that the black skin is phased out. Racism is never going out of sports, politics or what have you. I am sad about this where some white folks think that they are far superior than we black people.
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by Silentgroper(m): 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
Promoter2:
Balotelli is a regular victim.

Eto'o and Drogba suffered quite much too.

I doubt Neymar was racially abused in the match Marseille. However, I can't completely conclude.

Boost patronage with the right social media advertising techniques. See my siggy
I also doubt that very much.gonzalez is spanish. I wonder what racial slur could have been said to d brazilian
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
Neymar never suffered anything like that abeg, meanwhile I am seeing some hot tribal bigots here. How far una?
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by compton11(m): 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
psalmylee:
were u on the pitch with him..Typical African mentality.. Always wanting the downfall of his fellow race
how is neymar his fellow race when neymar doesn't even see himself as black?
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
Will Neymar Jr. accept that he is a black man? Even in Brazil there is this whitening policy where the the blacks are married to the whites and give birth light skin kids so that the black skin is phased out. Racism is never going to out of sports, politics or what have you. I am sad about this where some white folks think that they are far superior thank we black people.
If they think so it is not your business with what someone thinks, but when it turns to an insult is when you act. Simple
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by ayenale1(m): 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
Jay jay used dribbles to conquer racism, Dani Alves used assist to shame his abusers...other players being abuse should use some skills to shame their critics or abusers.
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by unimagin: 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2020
post=93919702:
When will racism stop in our world
When will Yorubas stop hating Igbos? We have more racism in nairaland than in Europe.
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by donMIG(m): 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
The way them carry this body complexion for head ehn... All of them for just go heaven make we go hell oo
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by Seunpaul01(m): 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2020
Radarada,,
As far as I'm concerned what happened btw neyma and Gonzalo was far from racial abuse. Your people should not make a topic out of it. Blacks are very quick to claim victim, two guys/ rivals was having an altercation, as obvious as it seems, and said some shitty things to each other shouldn't go to the extent of accusing one as a racist. What about what Neyma did or said to Gonzalo, what does that make him.

Besides, it was just a mere allegation. PSG players were there, if he was being truly racist they would have bear witness co's majority of them are blacks as well. He was given a red card but try to justify his actions by telling the 4th official baseless accusation.
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by Ilamina(f): 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
No wonder neymar blocked people commenting on his Instagram
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
SegFault:

If they think so it is not your business with what someone thinks, but when it turns to an insult is when you act. Simple
Yes it is non of my business about what the other person thinks and not in anyway in support of racism as well. Remember that Neymar got attitude too
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by lizdammy: 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2020
smiley
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by passiveincome01: 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
oh
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by Promoter2: 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
psalmylee:

I want Neymar downfall? From Nairaland? grin

If Neymar notice me, my career don change.
There's nothing bad in African mentality. I'm African, and mentality is largely an individualistic thing.
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by HyAccent: 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2020
You didn't add Dani Alves.
His response is the best so far.
An opposing team fan threw a banana at him. Alves calmly pick up the banana and ate it.
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by engrchykae(m): 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
I DON'T KNOW WHY AFRICANS CANT BE PROUD OF THEMSELVES.
IF I LOOK LIKE GENTLE JACK,I SHOULD BE PROUD.
IF I LOOK LIKE IDRIS ELBA,I SHOULD BE PROUD.
IF I LOOK LIKE ANTHONY JOSHUA,MARIO BALLOTELLI,DROGBA,ETO,MIKEL,I SHOULD BE PROUD.
WHY IS THE GODMAN INTIMIDATED?
PHAROAH IS A NEGRO.
NEBUCHADNEZZAR IS NEGRO.
NIMROD IS NEGRO.
PRINCE TIRHAKAR THAT CHASED SENNACHERIB ANOTHER NEGRO IS NEGRO.
GOD IS NEGRO, REASON WHY HIS HAIR IS AS WHITE AS WOOL AND HIS FEET LIKE "BURNISHED BRASS"
THE NEGRO AIN'T THE VICTIM,HE IS THE VICTOR,THE SLEEPING GOD.
A GREAT CIVILIZATION IS NOT CONQUERED FROM OUTSIDE UNTIL IT DECAYS FROM INSIDE.
THE PLAN OF EUROPEANS IN ORDER TO DOMINATE AFRICA IS SIMPLE,INITIATE MENTAL SLAVERY.
EUROPEANS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF KEEPING AFRICANS DOWN,THAT ABILITY IS AN EXCLUSIVE OF THE NEGRO,IT IS ONLY THE NEGRO THAT CAN KEEP THE NEGRO DOWN.
THIS IS WHY WHENEVER THERE IS PROBLEM IN AFRICA,THE WEST WILL USE AFRICANS TO KILL AFRICANS.
NEGROES ARE PRINCES WHO ARE THINKING LIKE PAUPERS
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by psalmylee(m): 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
compton11:
how is neymar his fellow race when neymar doesn't even see himself as black?
OK..I forgot he once told u he is Caucasian...#smh#
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by psalmylee(m): 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
Promoter2:

I want Neymar downfall? From Nairaland? grin

If Neymar notice me, my career don change.
There's nothing bad in African mentality. I'm African, and mentality is largely an individualistic thing.
So u even know u have a very shallow mentality self.case closed then.get enlightened abeg
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by Lamasta(m): 8:20pm On Sep 14, 2020
Karleb:

You just have to love Dani Alves.
He reacted in a professional way then
Re: Neymar And Four Other Football Players Who Have Suffered Racial Abuse by compton11(m): 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
psalmylee:
OK..I forgot he once told u he is Caucasian...#smh#
he technically said,he ain't black.

so why should you call him black?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Paper Names Kelechi Iheanacho ''Europe's Deadllest Striker'' / If I Hadn’t Married A Sportsman, My Marriage Would Be A Disaster – Mary Onyali / South African Police And Vigilante Invade Peterside Idah's Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.