Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,237 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (82483 Views)

What Lekki, Lagos State Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Lagos City: What Adeniyi Jones Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by shine12: 9:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
When I lived in Nigeria and never been abroad, the pic(V.I) was heaven but oh boy it looks to me now as something out of 1960s Thailand at best. We have some development to achieve and ground to cover.
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Teeboi56: 10:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
StepTwo:
But Aba is more beautiful than this.
Be deceiving ur self there
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by ReubenE(m): 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2020
codemaniacs:

rule 3

justwise, DisGuy, RoyalRoy, MissyB3, Fynestboi, seun, honeric01, semid4lyfe

If you like, report to God or whatever deity you serve.

Whoever that insulted my person and my family for airing my opinion in a public forum (with that Magicians moniker) is a walking mad man that is not fit to live among civilised human beings.

I truly regret that moment I decided to comment on this forum today.
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by YEBOmadiba: 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
Skynet45:

They are a lot of villages and mud houses in south Africa. Watched it on tv and was shocked, with a lot of poor people

So people should believe what you saw on tv instead of Statistics SA and BBC News? undecided

These are the facts so deal with it. I'm still waiting for the stats of how many Nigerians live in slums compared to SA. Hit me.

1 Like

Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Sagay212: 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2020
What are we supposed to do with these stup.id pictures?
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Kennyking1234: 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2020
sub-urban
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2020
StepTwo:

More developed you should say
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by manuelreports: 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2020
ReubenE:
Show us Ajangbadi jare'

Most Nigerians are little minded.
We celebrate buildings that don't translate to better living condition.

Building is never a metric for standard of living, especially in this century.
Rather than rejoice over brick and mortar, let us demand governance from the crooks that has held the country hostage.

You will never see people that live in Las Vegas, Hong Kong, Tokyo etc snap buildings to celebrate non-existent national pride
Brother You too dey vase, Why Ajangbadi Nwanne Okoko. That place is the back of Lagos nah. Just ask them to show You Makoko which is the immediate Junior Brother of Victoria Island or Mushih which is the immediate Junior Brother of Ikeja.
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Angelfrost(m): 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
Not Impressed!!!...
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by rapid101(m): 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
Skynet45:
cheesy neat and beautiful and no flat head structure in sight. Hopefully we can get all flat heads out of Lagos soon.

my friend ll u get out of here

re u from Lagos
u better live DAT under bridge for Ikeja and go back to ijebu ode were u come from and stop claiming lagos

agbaya
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by miketayo(m): 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2020
JosephXavier:
The place neat shaa

If our government can invest in turning these our cities to 21st century cities, invest more in infrastructures.

Build modern rail to ease up traffic jam

Neat until rain falls cheesy
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by miketayo(m): 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
Skynet45:

They are a lot of villages and mud houses in south Africa. Watched it on tv and was shocked, with a lot of poor people

Dude don't compare south africa cities to Nigeria, it's not even close. I work in muri okunola, there are many bad roads(some are being fixed ryt now) in VI.
Namibian cities are even better talkless of SA

1 Like

Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
why iss it that pictures taken outside Nigeria are always clearer than the ones snap here...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by King44(m): 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2020
ToluNazzal:
Hello Guys, in my commitment to bringing you guys images from around Nigeria, i'm here to show you what Victoria Island looks like in 2020.

I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ryPPyuhcbc
I can't believe I just wasted my data... Toyin Aina and co wanna bees no creativity, always copy copy
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by rowrowland: 11:54pm On Sep 14, 2020
You know report the almighty traffic today - e no get part2. I cancelled all my upcoming visits to that place until the 3rd mainland repair works complete.
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by tony1961961: 11:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
This is without rainfall. Looks very nice and neat. Please show us VI post rain fall
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by djbussy(m): 12:13am On Sep 15, 2020
Record after heavy rain fall na make Dem see something . Na Village ppl wey come hustle for Lagos dey record like this.
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Clothingonline9(m): 12:17am On Sep 15, 2020
One of most beautiful part of Nigeria
Buy men clothing
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by tollyboy5(m): 1:14am On Sep 15, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Again...the Nigerian hatred for what they want but cant get...instead of yo work hard to get it...they condemn it... black man poverty mentality
Im from Epe but I long around ajangbadi , truth be told.
Tinubu had destroyed this state.
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by isahsalee: 1:23am On Sep 15, 2020
Y empty roads?
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 3:48am On Sep 15, 2020
miketayo:

Dude don't compare south africa cities to Nigeria, it's not even close. I work in muri okunola, there are many bad roads(some are being fixed ryt now) in VI.
Namibian cities are even better talkless of SA
So they are no bad roads in south Africa or Namibia
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by pacespot(m): 4:02am On Sep 15, 2020
What is so special
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 4:20am On Sep 15, 2020
looks quite different from the other parts of lagos that always look overcrowded and dirty
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by ReubenE(m): 5:04am On Sep 15, 2020
Faller:

wetin do ajangbadi na... no cast my area ooo

My comment is not meant to mock anybody or any region.
I was only trying to raise the point that celebrating buildings is not a metric for standard of living.

Rather than celebrate V. I, Ikoyi, Lekki, Marina and environs, when more than half of the population of Lagos live in filth and squalor, we should bring the plight of those in Ikorodu, Mushin, Olodi Apapa, Makoko, Ebute Metta, Agboyi-Odo etc to the front burner for all concerned Nigerians to see the wickedness of our leaders despite the abundance of wealth.

Sorry for calling out your hood.
I have friends there, and I personally love the sound of that name.

Adios
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by i124k(m): 6:58am On Sep 15, 2020
ReubenE:
Show us Ajangbadi jare'

Rather than rejoice over brick and mortar, let us demand governance from the crooks that has held the country hostage.

You will never see people that live in Las Vegas, Hong Kong, Tokyo etc snap buildings to celebrate non-existent national pride

no b lie bro...
my hood
Alaba.... ajangbadi... iyano.... shibiri...
imude.... etegbin.... era... ilogbo... okoko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Ofiagu(m): 7:04am On Sep 15, 2020
I like V.I. it's one of Nigeria's best city centres.

Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Ay04z(m): 7:59am On Sep 15, 2020
Meanwhile there is hunger in d land. It is the mone dey are looting. Dey are using to construct all diz. Spit on dem.
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by reeena(f): 8:09am On Sep 15, 2020
[/quote][quote author=ReubenE post=93926651]Show us Ajangbadi jare'

Well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by miketayo(m): 8:35am On Sep 15, 2020
Skynet45:

So they are no bad roads in south Africa or Namibia

in Namibia u can walk out all day and come home climb ur white bed spread without staining it, in SA just the slums/rural areas have bad roads.
But in Lagos, VI, Lekki, Ikeja, Surulere all have bad roads. Even the road places u consider nice are just normal in other places. Abuja still makes more sense
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by EXOUSIAng: 8:59am On Sep 15, 2020
StepTwo:
You have obviously never been to Lagos
Re: What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) by Ihatemumu: 9:29am On Sep 15, 2020
ReubenE:
Show us Ajangbadi jare'

Happy to have this man as a countryman. Wished Nigerians had this kind of mindset

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Stolen From Haven Suit': This Hotel Is Tired Of People Stealing Its Towels / Nigerian Woman Saw Danfo In Houston, Texas (photos) / What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.