Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

First Bank Is The Worst Bank In Nigeria - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / First Bank Is The Worst Bank In Nigeria (405 Views)

Unity Bank ,the Worst Bank In Africa (nigeria) Please Share Your Experiences / Royal Q Is The Worst Investment / Which Bank Is The Best For Fixed Deposit Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Is The Worst Bank In Nigeria by 1030(m): 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2020
My First Bank account was placed on total freezee without my consent.

I got to know about this when I made a purchase and was trying to pay via my mobile app and couldn't debit my account for cost of items bought.

This has caused a serious embarrassment to me and also deprived me from unearned profit on the goods which i intend to resale.

I wasn't given any notification or advised to visit any of the Branch before my account went into freezee status.

I called my account officer since the account happened to be my business account and was advised to visit any nearby firstbank branch to update my account records which I did over a month now.

I have so far visited the branch(Otukpo Market Branch) over 5 times which is about 2 hours drive from where I stay for followup yet no result.

I submitted my passport photograph,voterscard, current PHCN bill,fill an update form,fill account conversation form and yet this issue has not been resolved creating additional cost for me.

This act has caused a serious hardship to my family and also deny me of having access to my money thereby making me to borrow money on interest basis from thrid parties in order for me to meet up with my business dealing.

It will also interest you to note that the branch(Otukpo Market) which I visited claimed to have done their part and yet I still cannot access my account because the account is still on freezee status.

Kindly assist on what to do at this stage.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Worst Bank In Nigeria by Beblessedbaba: 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2020
Sorry bro.

Just call their customer service line and vent your anger out and remind them that hope the call is being recorded there after let them know you will report them to CBN and also assure them of closing your account once the ordeal is over. Remember to mention how incompetent your account officer is.

Next send a mail to first bank customer service line and copy the CBN department in charge 0f customer service.

You will get visited by the bank if you are an high yield customer and your account officer will be queried and while at it demand for a new account officer.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Worst Bank In Nigeria by goodmorning40: 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2020
I talk am before
First bank is a useless bank
Re: First Bank Is The Worst Bank In Nigeria by Luckydubby7(m): 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2020
I disagree with u.

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways To Cut Down Your Expenses, Number 5 & 6 Will Wow You. / Where to sell ur old Instagram followers with less or no followers / How To Easily Invest In Cryptocurrency And Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.