Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working (1240 Views)

Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue / Relationship Between RPM And Fuel Consumption / Odometer And Speedometer Stops Showing At High Temperature Weather On Camry 98 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by alatbaba1(m): 4:57am On Sep 16, 2020
My boss just got this Toyota Corolla 2012 toks for his wife the engine temperature gauge, engine RPM and Speedometer are not working. AC is working normal and fuel quantity gauge is working too. The power steering light is up, abs light is up too and madam has already fallen in love the the car. she does not want us to return it. pls anyone with there I can get this fixed in Abuja and idea about the cost. The car seems overpriced and he is considering sending it back to the dealer. He is not ready to pay heavily for the repairs.
Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by woodrow(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2020
Is the Corolla the south Africa variant or US spec?

The temperature Guage should be an easy fix.

As for the rpm and speedometer not working, it either a wheel speed sensor is faulty, which should be a 10k fix or the entire abs unit is faulty, that should be a 50k fix.

Have the vehicle checked by a vehicle technician who is familiar with diagnosis and vehicle wiring system.
Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by alatbaba1(m): 8:29am On Sep 16, 2020
woodrow:
Is the Corolla the south Africa variant or US spec?

The temperature Guage should be an easy fix.

As for the rpm and speedometer not working, it either a wheel speed sensor is faulty, which should be a 10k fix or the entire abs unit is faulty, that should be a 50k fix.

Have the vehicle checked by a vehicle technician who is familiar with diagnosis and vehicle wiring system.

Canada spec. My boss believes the 3 indicators can be all bad at the same time. he insist the problem are related.
Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by seanfer(m): 8:35am On Sep 16, 2020
Cc: Kingreign
Look for this name here and contact him. You will come back and give testimony.
Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by kingreign(m): 8:48am On Sep 16, 2020
alatbaba1:
My boss just got this Toyota Corolla 2012 toks for his wife the engine temperature gauge, engine RPM and Speedometer are not working. AC is working normal and fuel quantity gauge is working too. The power steering light is up, abs light is up too and madam has already fallen in love the the car. she does not want us to return it. pls anyone with there I can get this fixed in Abuja and idea about the cost. The car seems overpriced and he is considering sending it back to the dealer. He is not ready to pay heavily for the repairs.

07034581213 call me, I can handle it.
Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by woodrow(m): 8:58am On Sep 16, 2020
alatbaba1:

Canada spec. My boss believes the 3 indicators can be all bad at the same time. he insist the problem are related.

I believe you boss has never used a 2012 Corolla b4 like I have used it. And I have experienced same problem. A colleague called me about same problem and he also had same doubts like your boss. He went to buy another instrument cluster and he was convinced. Before he took the same advice I just gave to you.
Goodluck
Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2020
alatbaba1:

do you want a simple solution?

For me i would take it back to the dealer and let the dealer sort out the problem than trying get your own mechanic and sort it out

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by Manuella4ace: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

For me i would take it back to the dealer and let the dealer sort out the problem than trying get your own mechanic and sort it out

Worst advice, the dealer will see more opportunities to steal or swap important things from that car.
Better contact kingreign and sort you problem,
Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by sheu01: 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

Good talk. Pls follow d advice and let d dealer repair it
Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2020
Manuella4ace:

Worst advice, the dealer will see more opportunities to steal or swap important things from that car.
Better contact kingreign and sort you problem,

thats your option

in such situation i rather deal with the dealer, why would S/he steal or swap things from the car s/he sold to me ? if the dealer is that dodgy then it makes sense to take back to them and get your money back

If you are a dealer a good customer service is required, of cause every transaction can have a different warranty but your reputation as dealer should be clean, dont confuse a private sale eg you and me, where i can screw you over but a good dealer should help but that depends with the sales agreement

Have you ever noticed that if you take a problem car to one mechanic after the other, if that chain of mechanics can not fix the problem, each mechanic blames the mechanic before him/her

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by Manuella4ace: 11:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

thats your option

in such situation i rather deal with the dealer, why would S/he steal or swap things from the car s/he sold to me ? if the dealer is that dodgy then it makes sense to take back to them and get your money back

If you are a dealer a good customer service is required, of cause every transaction can have a different warranty but your reputation as dealer should be clean, dont confuse a private sale eg you and me, where i can screw you over but a good dealer should help but that depends with the sales agreement

Have you ever noticed that if you take a problem car to one mechanic after the other, if that chain of mechanics can not fix the problem, each mechanic blames the mechanic before him/her

To avoid long story, we have competent mechanics here, gazzuzz, kingreign and other.
You thing the dealer will refund you your money easily, better fix the issue to avoid stress and waste of time and make the story short.
Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:06am On Sep 21, 2020
Manuella4ace:

To avoid long story, we have competent mechanics here, gazzuzz, kingreign and other.
You thing the dealer will refund you your money easily, better fix the issue to avoid stress and waste of time and make the story short.

no one said there is NO competent mechanics

i suggested what i thought is simple way, in my own understanding, we only differ in option which ok thats part of life

but

even if it was Gazzuzz or Kingreign that had sold that car as reputable mechanic he would offer to fix the car not for free but for his business reputation

its car dealer we are talking about therefore reputation and customer care play alot unless its that thing "THIS NIGERIAN"

if you can not take the car back to dealer to be fixed or seek help in fixing then what does that say to the dealer ? and how much faith will you have in that car that got sold to you ? come sense should kick in
Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by sultaan(m): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Another on has been taken by the Toyota scam wahala.

Because you must buy a Toyota, you buy junk car, no start spending money to keep driving it
Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by Elsueno: 8:27am On Sep 22, 2020

I really have no idea why some people are afraid of returning stuff they bought. Was the car supposed to come with a faulty RPM and Engine gauge.

RETURN THE JUNK JARE, let him fixe it or swap with a better corolla
Re: Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working by baconline(m): 9:18am On Sep 22, 2020
Could be that the mileage was worked upon, in the process of disassembing the cluster they messed up with the needles

(1) (Reply)

Uber Car / How Much Do You Think This Car Can Go For, It Needs To Be Disposed. / Mercedes Engine Swap From M271 Evo (w204) To M271 (w203)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.