Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

HELP: State Public Service Job Or A Multinational Company Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HELP: State Public Service Job Or A Multinational Company Job? (155 Views)

From Bank Interview Shaming To American Company Job / Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn / Nigerian Public Service Salary Structures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HELP: State Public Service Job Or A Multinational Company Job? by SeedofAbraham: 6:38am On Sep 16, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders,

I've been having sleepless night recently as I've been confused in decision making due to the fact that I'm not well experienced about Job matters.

I presently got an offer at a State Public Service with GL 8 Salary Scale of 63k+ monthly (though it's poor) but with a rest assured constant Promotion every 3 years subject to success in Promotion Exercise. There's also hope that in the next 18 years, I'll get to the Directorate levels (GL 15 - 17) where the Pay Structure seems better with Jumbo rise compared to the poor salary structure of GL 7 - 14... Meaning that I'll have to endure till then before enjoyment start coming. Please note that in addition to Promotion every 3 years, this State Public Service don't owe workers salary as they pay in due time as we all know that Public Service has Job Security. Also, I hope by God's Grace that I become a Permanent Secretary if I decide to choose this path while enduring the Salary (I can switch to Federal Parastatals if the Job Offer comes up later though).

On the other hand, I'm about to get a Full time Staff offer from a Multinational Company (Headquarter is based in the US) with more than 120k Salary for a start. There's Career growth and the chance of living comfortably & enjoying life is cool compared to the State Public Service in terms of Salary. We all know that Private Organisations can decide to lay off workers at any time as there's no Job Security. Also, I don't know if Multinational Companies usually lay off only Contract Staff or they can decide to lay off Permanent Staff as well... Though, the Multinational Company have a Pension Scheme for their Staff & didn't lay off workers during this COVID-19 Pandemic as they were operating during the lockdown since they provide essential services.

I wasn't born & brought up with a Silver Spoon and I never pray to struggle in life henceforth as Poverty must die. I'm a Second Class Upper graduate with proven abilities and outstanding performance as I'm a Problem Solver.

I need the assistance of experienced Nairalanders as your advice and point of views with detailed explanations will be highly appreciated.

Also, pushing this to the front page will be highly appreciated... Thank you all.

Cc Admin
Cc Seun
Lalasticlala
Re: HELP: State Public Service Job Or A Multinational Company Job? by dahmie2013: 7:49am On Sep 16, 2020
Dear OP, I will advise you take the multinational company job. Not just because of the money, the exposure and experience. Another thing is, which of them is aligned to your career. We have a huge challenge of underemployment in Nigeria, so if you have options like this the one that will give you career fulfillment is always better.

Also a bird at hand is better than thousands in the bush, take the one you have now. Don't neglect it waiting for the multinational job offer.

Finally which is most important, if you are a Christian, seek the counsel of the holy spirit. Let him guide you. Allow him to choose for you. It is the best he will give you.

Congratulations & all the best.

(1) (Reply)

The Relationship Between Occupation And Covid-19 / WEBSITE DESIGNER & WEBSITE COMPANY IN OWERRI, IMO STATE / Save 25% On Your Aci Dealing Certificates Training Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.