Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

The Meaning Of This Name: - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Meaning Of This Name: (6347 Views)

What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? / The Meaning Of Peace In The Different Nigerian Languages / What Is The Meaning Of Utunu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Meaning Of This Name: by Inky: 6:20pm On Jun 21, 2007
I would like to know what the name: Adekemi means?. Does somebody know?. smiley
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by sophienwa(f): 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2007
ade means crown while kemi means pamper me; so try 2 figure it out from that
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by Ikomi(m): 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2007
sophienwa:

ade means crown while kemi means pamper me; so try 2 figure it out from that

If i can make anything of that ad say its crownpamaper. Are u sure ur yoruba, u must be from Congo. angry
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by sophienwa(f): 9:40pm On Jun 24, 2007
and u must b from jupiter if that is the best u can make of it.
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by laudate: 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2007
sophienwa:

and u must b from jupiter if that is the best u can make of it.

Una no go kill me with laughter for dis place!! cheesy grin grin
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by hannydarl(f): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2007
It means PAMPERD BY THE CROWM maybe the father is a royal father or something like that to give his princess that sweet name.
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by Everbright(f): 9:32am On Jul 04, 2007
or crown pamper
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by ABA4LIFE(m): 12:55pm On Jul 05, 2007
That name no mean anything, Yoruba names na bleeped names i no mean anything, Check out Igbo names you will know we are the sons and daughter's of God for live. Check out the meaning of Nkechi,Ogechi,Sopuruchi,kelechi everything chi chi chi

Real biblical names that protect us.

Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by sophienwa(f): 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2007
kolo shocked
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by OmoEko1(f): 2:59am On Jul 09, 2007
A.B.A4LIFE:

That name no mean anything, Y[b]oruba names na bleeped names i no mean anything[/b], Check out Igbo names you will know we are the sons and daughter's of God for live. Check out the meaning of Nkechi,Ogechi,Sopuruchi,kelechi everything chi chi chi

Who is this slowpoke talking all this trash angry angry angry angry angry angry, you really belong in the zoo!!!!!!!foolish boy.

Am actually not surprised at your comment at all, you acted like a typical Igbo boy. (I apolozies to the other Igbo users, don't be offended by this comment)

What is the essences of posting that car!!!!!!Bush boy
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by moondust(m): 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2007
@ A.B.A
Show some respect to other tribes please. stop faffing around! angry

@ Topic
From what I get , I think the name means pamper the crown,  or something of that sort

@ IKOMI
ROFFLMFAO grin grin grin
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by Fileki(f): 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2007
Well, Adekemi . . . that's a royal name, Kemi means to be pampered .  . . ade means crown,

Adekemi . . . is a royal name so, somehow it means pampered by royalty, 
(its a female name  but i think its kind of becoming unisex now)
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by davidif: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2008
@ABA 4 LIFE
wetin you get for head It looks like you have a small patch in the middle of your head. I am sure you're one of those Nigerians that do dishonest things abroad and dishonor the Nigerian people.
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by topkin(m): 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2008
U guys fit use laugh kill person! Which one is "crownpamper" now Una no go kill person!!!

Adekemi in my own understanding, not literarily, means "A particular Royalty or Kingship that protects you" or "God's crown/throne protecting you" wink
Re: The Meaning Of This Name: by TmeD0(m): 9:18pm On Nov 11, 2008
A.B.A4LIFE:

That name no mean anything, Yoruba names na bleeped names i no mean anything, Check out Igbo names you will know we are the sons and daughter's of God for live. Check out the meaning of Nkechi,Ogechi,Sopuruchi,kelechi everything chi chi chi

Chei! o ma se o! and ya parents think say na pickin dem born so?  see, as u come disgrace ya fellow townsmen and women for NL the moment you started typing so?  anyway sha, dem don kuku talk am say ignorance dey bliss, which in ya case dey very glaring. 
www.nairaland.com/attachments/42466_A_B_A4LYFE_jpge56979d5c55303b79289b921f1c4d130

and the purpose of showing us this is? what a pity! (shakes head in disbelief)

(1) (Reply)

Sad Photos of slavery that would bring you to tears / Hilarious Meanings Of "Eh Hen" In Nigeria / Africans We Are "Not" Blacks !!!!!! We Are Tribals !!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.