Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

This Strike Is Unfair - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Strike Is Unfair (227 Views)

She's Just 10years! This Is Unfair / Postpone Your Deaths Till Our Strike Is Over-mortuary Staff Union Tells Ghanains / "Postpone Your Deaths Till Our Strike Is Over" - Mortuary Union Tells Ghanaians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Strike Is Unfair by hspda: 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2020
Good day Nigerians. I am currently at the university College hospital to check on one of my relative. I don’t want to go into stories but I will share one that shook me to my spines..

I was passing through the neonate ward and I saw three persons that brought in a preterm (26 weeks old baby) on emergency. This baby needs the best and urgent treatment available but to my surprise, there was nobody to receive the baby on admission. All plea by the baby’s handlers for them to admit the baby was not successful because nurses and health assistants were not on ground. The handlers were disappointed and turned back. Now, many questions running through my mind includes

1. Will the baby survive?
2. Do FG know what’s going on in federal hospital currently?
3. Do the health workers know the number of lives that will be lost because of their fight for emoluments?
4. What is the best solution for strike by the health workers?

I salute Doctors and Nurses who have dedicated their life to saving lives.

Re: This Strike Is Unfair by Protein0: 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2020
hspda:
Good days Nigerians. I a, currently at the university College hospital to check on one of my relative. I don’t want to go into stories but I will share one that shook me to my spines..

At I was passing through the neonate ward and I say three persons that brought in a preterm (26 weeks old baby) on emergency. This baby needs the best and urgent but to my surprise, there was nobody to receive the baby on admission. All pleas by the baby’s handlers for them to admit the baby was not successful because nurses and health assistants were not on ground. The handlers were disappointed and turned back. Now, many questions running through my mind includes

1. Will the baby survive?
2. Do FG know what’s going on in federal hospital currently?
3. Do the health workers know the number of lives that will be lost because of their fight for emoluments?
4. What is the best solution for strike by the health workers?

I salute Doctors and Nurses who have dedicated their life to saving lives.
This is really heartbreaking but unfortunately it happens frequently in a place we call our country.

I am almost certain that they would have been informed of some private hospitals with facilities that can handle the case at some huge costs compared to UCH.
Then here comes the bigger question, would the handler be able to afford such?

1 Like

Re: This Strike Is Unfair by hspda: 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2020
Protein0:

This is really heartbreaking but unfortunately it happens frequently in a place we call our country.

I am almost certain that they would have been informed of some private hospitals with facilities that can handle the case at some huge costs compared to UCH.
Then here comes the bigger question, would the handler be able to afford such?

You asked a very big question there. Federal hospitals is the hope of peasant families because of low cost.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Sex And Sex Education! / Undying Love! Woman Donates Kidney To Save Husband’s Life / Why Do Nigerians Transport A Dead Family Member To The Village For Burial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.