Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! (17437 Views)

Revealed: Real Reasons Buhari Chose His SGF, COS - Nigerian Tribune / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by sley4life(m): 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2011
He will embrace sharia.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2011
buhari/bakare all the way.it's time for some real living not mere existence.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by KnowAll(m): 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2011
2 months ago Team  BB was on 10 votes OR less why Uncle Joe was around 60 on the preference votes poll amongst all the candidates. Ribadu hard a good head start, I think he was ahead of Uncle Joe slightly, being the new kid on the block. Experience have shown me and a lot of people who are skilled at interpreting polls over the years, that incumbents normally don't do well on snap polls that is because the buck stops on their table and they are right in the eye of the storm. So it is understandable a margin of error +/- 10 votes off the incumbency is used as a standard yard stick to measure the true strength of an incumbent.

Ladies/ Gentlemen I put bold to inform u that the margin of error for Uncle Joe who was on 60 votes 2 months ago is 70 votes for any of the opposition, If I can recollect clearly Ribadu had 75 votes which actually falls slightly above the margin of error for incumbents. Today Team BB has been resurrected from 10 or less votes enveloping the incumbent and are now chasing the new kid on the block "Ribadu" that is phenomenal. To analysis this in a lay man's language and to make it clear to the man on the street, what is happening is since the last 2 weeks, for every 11  votes cast on the poll, 10 are voting Team BB while one is voting JEG, whilst Ribadu has grounded to an abrupt halt.

Now let us take a LOOK at Team Hurricane BB, It is a phenomenon,  it is Obamamistic, I would urge those of our SE Brothers who are currently sitting on the fence angry,  perplexed and embarrassed as to why they should toe the elders line to vote for Jonathan,  is it because of the shared history of once being from the old Eastern Region ?  , are our people that shallow and parochial  undecided , can't our elders see that all our youths in the SE are busy hustling in SA,  many selling drugs due to policies unilatarally enforced on their region by OBJ, Yardua, and now Jonathan, is it the post of the Chief of Army Staff given to one man and his family that would feed millions of our struggling Families?, why should we vote Jonathan because of all these shameless, Nepotistic, unmentionable and kleptomaniac reasons.

This is a phenomenon like non ever seen b4, change has finally arrive on this shores, it happens in a subtle way, by starting slowly and then whether through sheer luck which I doubt, OR super-natural forces one can feel the aura of unexplicable energy whiffing through the landscape, it is gathering storm and evolving into an uncontrollable movement that would not and cannot be stopped, it would blow everything away, it would overwhelm conventional force because it is supernaturally and spiritual led, the crown has been taken off Jonathan's head because Jonathan has shown his hand, he prefers and he chose to dine with callous evil men who have blood in their hands. An embezzeler or a corrupt officer is a murderer, it is simple since some of these men would rather spend the peoples money in getting themselves the sixth mansion rather than fix roads, hospitals, and industries they have blood in their hands.

Team BB has actually already broken the poll record starting from a low 10 votes about 2 months ago enveloping the incumbent and chasing after the Young Dog, I believe b4 next week wednesday Team BB would be topping the poll. These are not fictitious poll result,  they are real and physical u can almost touch it, bearly two weeks ago I wrote a piece about Bakare lambasting and making a mockery of his intentions, I said I doubt if he would be able to win Ifo/Otta LG area of Ogun State let alone the whole state how much more the SW. But at this phenomenal rate of growth and acceptance,  team BB would blow everything away. They have the anointing and noting is going to stop this ticket.

Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by ddippset(m): 8:41pm On Feb 26, 2011
in summary, it is easier for a camel to pass tru the eye of a needle than for an incumbent to be defeated in africa and nigeria!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by wesley80(m): 8:57pm On Feb 26, 2011
^^^ GEJ's greatest strength isnt in his capacity as an incumbent but is found in his Popularity and the overall goodwill he enjoys among the general populace.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by IbroYaya: 9:06pm On Feb 26, 2011
KnowAll:

Now let us take a LOOK at Team Hurricane BB, It is a phenomenon[b],  it is Obamamistic[/b], I would urge those of our SE Brothers who are currently sitting on the fence angry,  perplexed and embarrassed as to why they should toe the elders line to vote for Jonathan,  is it because of the shared history of once being from the old Eastern Region ?  ,

Obamamistic indeed! lol

Obama had campaign structures everywhere o, and he went to the grassroots. hmmm
Obama also spent over 600million dollars for his campaign oo and he involved the rich billionaires

If I am right then it is Hurricane GEJ/Sambo that is Obamamistic  lol grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Richtalk: 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2011
wesley80:

^^^ GEJ's greatest strength isnt in his capacity as an incumbent but is found in his Popularity and the overall goodwill he enjoys among the general populace.

Exactly!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by ddippset(m): 9:09pm On Feb 26, 2011
wesley80:

maybe he should resign b4 elections And probably quit the PDP to em, say,  LP so we see how much popularity and goodwill would work 4 him. this is naija.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Dreamchaser1(f): 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2011
@poster, you are a pure genius! A first class rate human being!this is the best political analysis I have ever read! GEJ all the way, the change we need, the change we seek! I can't understand how BB enthusiast on NL think they would win, tall dream. They haven't told us any reason why we should vote for BB, all they do is slander GEJ. Elections are not won on slander and ill propaganda! The BB ticket has nothing to offer Nigerians and informed ppl know this. How can I vote for a ticket whose campaign jingle is only heard on BBC hause? I would be one of those realistic and right thinking Neigerians, who would in 2015 look back on 2011 and say THANK GOD I VOTED FOR GEJ

Be informed GEJ is the real change
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by proudly9ja(m): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2011
Last time I checked, the elections are in April not tomorow

Team BB start their campaign on Monday the 28th.

All I ask Team BB supporters to do is that they do their bit. Let us all campaign.

Even if its one person you can convince to vote for BB2011 come April, do it!

Even if its one poster of Team BB2011 you can print and paste on your gate at home, do it!

On the bus, in our offices, in school, whereever we find ourselves, let us not stop talking, let us not stop spreading the news.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by ddippset(m): 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2011
GEJ is not the messiah we seek ( he is still by 90% influenced by the PDP) however i would vote 4 him again and again because power has to shift to the niger delta cus we have to appease them for enriching nigeria from their resources for over 50 years now.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by KnowAll(m): 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2011
Obamamistic indeed! lol

Obama had campaign structures everywhere o, and he went to the grassroots. hmmm
Obama also spent over 600million dollars for his campaign oo and he involved the rich billionaires

If I am right then it is Hurricane GEJ/Sambo that is Obamamistic  lol  

Structures can't for nothing when the man in the villages and towns know the reason why there is no food on their tables is because of the corrupt LG Chairman appointed by an even more corrupt and evil Governor. When Towns and village folks realize the money meant for farms,schools, roads, hospital has been consumed by the corrupt Governor who they see as a lord and saviour then it would dawn on them that these individuals are not necessary highly favored people but common rogues and should be treated as thus. At least in America even the remotest of Town have electricity, water and road out of the woods structures might be beneficial there. Where is Gaddafi today with his labyrinth of structure scattered all over Libya.

Team BB would educate the local people in languages they understand not English, informing them that they are the power behind the throne, they can actually effect change if they want to and they should go and do just that by voting and protecting their votes the way u would protect a young child.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Homonide: 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2011
i commend the poster for a decent analysis of the chances of the BB ticket.However i beg to disagree on some of his assertions.

First, is his comparison of the role money played in the US election with dt of Nigeria in the april polls.Elections in developed countries,like the US, are largely issue-based,and Obama was clearly favoured by a majority of american electorates because they were tired of the senseless loss of lives of American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.In other words,the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were important issues during the 2008 presidential polls in the US.

Second,the example of 19 million almajiris being bribed 1000 naira each is clearly illogical.the whole north central has an estimated 19 million voters according to the INEC,are they all Almajiris?

It is my humble opinion that as much as i belief that GEJ has some advantages in the april poll,mostly due to the overflogged 'incubency power', i still believe that d BB ticket stands a chance to create an upset.moreover,i'll rather vote for the candidate dt i feel has the requisite credentials to steer the ship of this country to the right part than join the bandwagon of a man who clearly has nothing good to offer this potentially great country of ours.

GOD bless Naija. BB all the way.vote for positive change.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by lagoshost(m): 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2011
very interesting one. I like it.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by agabaI23(m): 9:54pm On Feb 26, 2011
KnowAll:

Structures can't for nothing when the man in the villages and towns know the reason why there is no food on their tables is because of the corrupt LG Chairman appointed by an even more corrupt and evil Governor. When Towns and village folks realize the money meant for farms,schools, roads, hospital has been consumed by the corrupt Governor who they see as a lord and saviour then it would dawn on them that these individuals are not necessary highly favored people but common rogues and should be treated as thus. At least in America even the remotest of Town have electricity, water and road out of the woods structures might be beneficial there. Where is Gaddafi today with his labyrinth of structure scattered all over Libya.

Team BB would educate the local people in languages they understand not English, informing them that they are the power behind the throne, they can actually effect change if they want to and they should go and do just that by voting and protecting their votes the way u would protect a young child.

You will educate them on the pages of newspaper or on the web? How do you achieve that from London? He needs structure to get that done. He needs money to get the structure. Agreed you can have volunteers but how many will volunteer and how far can they go?
Village vote by allegiance not based on principle. You need a structure my friend!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by IbroYaya: 10:05pm On Feb 26, 2011
KnowAll:

Structures can't for nothing when the man in the villages and towns know the reason why there is no food on their tables is because of the corrupt LG Chairman appointed by an even more corrupt and evil Governor. .

Then how will the people in these villages know the right alternative?

If there are no structures to inform the the electorate of a better deal, then they surely stick to the one they know.
As the saying goes, the Devil you know is better than the angel you dont know.

Secondly GEJ doesnt just rely on party chairmen and Governors who are looking for second term or more, for his campaigns.

He has his own campaign team deep in the grassroots that are independent. Thats how real politics is done in Nigeria,not in pages of papers and internet

Structures are needed and GEJ has it. So he carries the day.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Timbi: 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2011
angry @papa brown,in as much as i like your write up,i draw a conclusion that you are the biggest fool on NL.What makes u think that all voters from the north west are almajirai  ? perhaps you have a shallow knowledge about the states in the region.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by IbroYaya: 10:34pm On Feb 26, 2011
Timbi:

angry @papa brown,in as much as i like your write up,i draw a conclusion that you are the biggest fool on NL.What makes u think that all voters from the north west are almajirai  ? perhaps you have a shallow knowledge about the states in the region.

^^ haba why the insult? He only gave an illustration and from his write up, you can actually see that he an intelligent person.
He  surely knows that all voters from north west are not  Almajiris. So you dont need to bring insults here, instead bring your countering analysis.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by jason123: 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2011
BB will still win, have faith guys! We must take our country back from these blood suckers called People's destruction party (PDP). The Lord is with you all. History and your conscience will remember how we fought against oppression, rigging, looting, depletion of our foreign reserves, tribalism "zoning" that got GEJ there and CORRUPTION! History will remember us!!!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Jarus(m): 10:48pm On Feb 26, 2011
Any one notice the civility of this discussion? I noticed the same thing on BB discussions on FB. I leave you to guess what that says about on BB fans.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by KnowAll(m): 10:53pm On Feb 26, 2011
@IBRO YAYA,

Why are talking as if u don't know what transpires in your neck of the woods. I take it based on your handler u are Hausa, what do u mean Buhari has no structure. The man is the oldest love-peddler in town(I don't mean it in a derogatory way) he has a structure older than some contributors on this forum and even older than this Democratic experience. In the NW Jonathan is not winning one state get it clear into your thick head. Even Kaduna State which is the VP's abode they would be humiliated. Perharps Jigawa, but then Jonathan is only popular in the state capital which is the 3rd largest city in that state after Hadeija and Gumel

North Central, With IBB thinking of running there goes Niger State, Kwara would probably vote ACN Governor and CPC Presido. Plateau, Benue and Taraba are the only states GEJ would get votes in the NC. I thought he was strong in Nasarrawa not until he was pelted with the locals shouting "sei Buhari".  In the North East ZERO

The only hope for him and those thugs that he his lapping up to(Akala, Daniel and OBJ) is through thuggery and brutal force that might be the only way to hold on to Oyo and Ogun but if the people hold their ground it would be a fight to finish or a do or die for all and the last man standing would emerge the winner. Ondo might go Jonathan's way since Labor has fallen out with Tinubu but then CPC might be the net gainer here. We shall know in the weeks to come clearly where and who would carry the day in Ondo State.

Lagos is a no go area, Ekiti and Oshun should be ACN but then we shall monitor how Team BB's influence increase as the days and weeks pass by.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Nsiman(m): 11:15pm On Feb 26, 2011
Papabrown, u tho't well. Another factor bb can't win is that most parties filled in northerners and s.westerners as presidential and vice presidential candidates. Now these zones' votes will be split according to choiced candidates leaving gej the winner of the election as president
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by BigPhil(m): 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2011
proudly9ja:

Last time I checked, the elections are in April not tomorrow

Team BB start their campaign on Monday the 28th.

All I ask Team BB supporters to do is that they do their bit. Let us all campaign.

Even if its one person you can convince to vote for BB2011 come April, do it!

Even if its one poster of Team BB2011 you can print and paste on your gate at home, do it!

On the bus, in our offices, in school, whereever we find ourselves, let us not stop talking, let us not stop spreading the news.

Spot on.People are tired of the status quo.Some of GEJ supporters are getting desperate and are now trying to position GEJ as agent of change.Why are they so desperate? Why are they running scared now?.They don't seem to understand what is happening in the past few days.Nigerians cannot be hoodwinked anymore.We simply cannot afford another 4yrs of illusions,lies,half truth,deceit chicanery and unbridled corruption.

Nigerians are going to see the biggest mobilization ever for BB2011.Change has come to Nigeria.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Nsiman(m): 11:20pm On Feb 26, 2011
~ lol
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Ericology(m): 11:31pm On Feb 26, 2011
7 Reasons why every other candidate will lose to Jonathan

1, Majority of the electorates are naive and only vote out of sentiments

2, Majority of the electorates are naive and only vote out of sentiments

3, Majority of the electorates are naive and only vote out of sentiments

4, Majority of the electorates are naive and only vote out of sentiments

5, Majority of the electorates are naive and only vote out of sentiments

6, Majority of the electorates are naive and only vote out of sentiments

7, Majority of the electorates are naive and only vote out of sentiments.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by MolBio: 11:37pm On Feb 26, 2011
Brilliant man, brilliant !! kiss
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by kliffo(m): 11:38pm On Feb 26, 2011
BB mania in the south is more or less limited to internet forums at the moment. The poster has done a
wonderful analysis that should be a wake up call to BB supporters.
I expect the BB fans to come up with strategies, and have a corps of volunteers that will start an effective door to door
campaign in the North Central, South East and South south where the ticket doesnt seem very strong.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by youngmonie: 11:40pm On Feb 26, 2011
For some stupid reason, I fail to understand why some STUPID NIGERIANS think JONATHAN is the change needed in Nigeria, this dude aint even gonna lay a foundation of change.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by recoome(m): 11:49pm On Feb 26, 2011
Clearly GEJ will win,coz all his governors are workin endlessly in the NW which is torn btw buhari, shekarau & GEJ, ribadu cannot even win his LGA, he only makes noise 4rm lagos, GEJ will either come 1st or 2nd in SW, tinubu is just rattling, ACN is a party dat exist only on the newspapers, SE,SS is GEJ property and considerin igbo spread in the country, its a plus 4 GEJ, also all odas candidates are lazy, ACN took 8weeks 2 oganize only one rally, CPC is busy relyin only on NW & SW which they wont even get 50%, when GEJ has already covered d country, all i see is pictures in different cities, wen u talk to pple on d streets, all u hear is goodluck this,goodluck that, today GEJ gathered all the igbos in lagos through ohaneze & trade unions(think of alaba,tradefair,ladipo,trinity,eko,auto parts & many more in terms of population) it was really a mammoth gathering, he has won already even if u lyk call him clueless & odechukwu, dt wil be only ur business.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by afodimkpa: 11:51pm On Feb 26, 2011
Like Bigphil said, This election  to me is not about who is more popular,Who has got more money,Who has campaigned in every village and hamlet in Nigeria,rather it is about our earnest desire as Nigerians for a better future,Desire to maximize and  fulfill our potentials as human beings,Our desire to root out corruption in our country,our desire to secure the future of our children and our desire for change.The time is now,Lets make the change.BB 2011 Change we can believe in.

Even if the odds are stacked against them, i will have the satisfaction that i tried for a real change.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by lojik(m): 12:01am On Feb 27, 2011
I'm voting BB2011 because i know it is the change Nigeria needs. Even if their chance of winning is 0%, Its BB all the way.
Even a fool knows that man cannot reach the stars but that will not stop a wise man from trying.

We will give it all it takes, i will vote for the first time, i will campaign, i will talk, i will spend my money on what i believe in. Lets go BB2011!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by GOODYDAVE: 12:22am On Feb 27, 2011
I did not join BB2011 because they had a lot of money to throw around for campaigns. I did not join them because they are rich. I did not join because they are popular. I also did not join because they will. I joined because for the very first time in my adult life I see a ticket I can die for, a ticket that ressurects my hope in this country Nigeria, a ticket of two honest men who would be honest with our treasury, a ticket of men in a hurry to see our dear motherland delivered from the hands of her violators. As for structures, no structure is more powerfull than an individual with the burning passion for change in him. That individual will win a whole nation and is certainly more effective than one million structures propped up with one gazzilion dollars! I have made up my mind to live and die with the BB2011 Ticket. Pls I will like to use this opportunity to appeal to all well meaning Nigerians not to wait for the official flag of the campaign, we should all start our own intensive individual campaigns for this revolutionary ticket. The most refreshing thing about this ticket is the joy of seeing millions of ordinary Nigerians spend out of thier widows mite to support this ticket. That is the clearest signal that we will carry the day!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Finally, Jonathan Declares Interest In 2015 Election / Buhari Lobbies N’assembly On Passage Of 2016 Budget / 10 APC Thugs In Edo Beat Man For Not Allowing Them Manipulate Voters Reg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.