Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here (38739 Views)

Update On Buhari Bakare Flag Off Kaduna / 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 23, 2011
Preamble: I'm opening this thread as NL member Jarus, a supporter of Buhari-Bakare ticket, not Jarus as Mod. As I expect you all to know, being a Mod doesn't preclude me from having my private opinions. I become partial when I use mod privilege to the favour of a candidate, which I'm reiterating I'll not do. I will accomodate all threads and posts about other candidates,in as much as forum rules are not breached.

Thanks.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2011
Now to the matter at hand, I'm opening this thread as an arena of sorts for all supporters of BB. What did you do today/recently? What are you doing? How is the BB candidacy selling in your area? Who have you talked to?
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2011
Let me set the ball rolling.

In my immediate household, my wife, my cousin living with me, my friend are already for Buhari. They went with me for Ribadu and when I converted to Buharism, they have followed me.

In my department in office, at least among those of us that are politically conscious, majority are for Buhari. From my reading on FB, drawn from my series of notes and status updates on Buhari, majority of my FB friends are also for Buhari, and a sizeable for Ribadu too.

I was at my clinic a couple of weeks ago and I opened the discussion with my doctor. He was neutral and tried to play the devil's advocate but at the end of the day I realized he also wanted Buhari, only trying to drill me on my Buhari advocacy.

More and more to come

1 Like

Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2011
Just called a friend in Ilorin tonight to find out how much it'll cost to make posters for BB2011, about 1000 copies to start with. He says he'll get back to me in a day or two. I've also talked to some close pals within and outside Nigeria who are also ready to contribute some token to make posters and banners for the team.
I'll keep you posted.

I'm vested in a media firm in Lagos, I'll see if I can use some of the clout I have to carry out some adverts for team BB2011.

1 Like

Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 11:51pm On Feb 23, 2011
I also managed to get at least 2 of my sibblings in 9ja to commit to the BB2011 project. One of my kid brothers in one of the South-South states has just committed 10K Naira t the project. The one at Ilorin has been saddled with the duty of recruiting his friends who graduated recently with him from Uni-Ilorin.

A colleague and friend at work has also agreed to be committed financially. I'll keep you posted on how much will be raised and what we are using the funds for.

1 Like

Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
I have to go to bed now. It's well past midnite in this part of planet earth! More gist in the morning.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by damas11111(m): 6:38am On Feb 24, 2011
I've campaigned through my facebook account for BB ticket. I am willing to do more especially in the area of making posters. Can we coordinate and see if we can make about 5000 to 10000 posters for Lagos/Ibadan axis to start with? If we get enough people who are really interested in this, we can achieve something significant for the BB ticket.

1 Like

Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 7:07am On Feb 24, 2011
Just got another friend who's willing to commit to the course financially. I'm targeting end of next week to roll out the first batch of posters. Although it seems radio and TV adverts will be more effective. Can anyone on ground give us the costs implications?

1 Like

Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Jeel: 7:19am On Feb 24, 2011
The man is a mistake
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by moi2(f): 7:25am On Feb 24, 2011
I've been talking to my colleagues at work, so far I have about 4 votes + mine = 5 votes.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Muza(m): 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
I've engaged many people in discussions to tell me sincerely why they will vote for GEJ and they wont vote buhari, they cant come up will any true and reasonable reason,for many people its just sentiments and lack of knowledge of both candidates,I've talk to many of them and a small number seem to be convinced that we need a positive change in 2011, will keep doing this till April 9th.
I've also been bombarding my TL on twitter with facts on Buhari and why people should vote him.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 10:30pm On Feb 24, 2011
Amount raised so far stands at 60K Naira.
Talking to the mobile advert company I'm vested in to figure out how to advertise for BB at reduced cost. If we are able to reach an agreement, we'll have adverts on a number of taxis plying Lagos roads for at least 2 weeks.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by seanet02: 11:21pm On Feb 24, 2011
Dead on Arrival. Planning to Fail woefully. Buhari can not win nada. Ribadu carries the day!! Jarus, you have lost this one. Next. . . . . .
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nsiman(m): 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2011
My effort on this is that i'm converting buhari's supporters to gej and we are matching on
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nsiman(m): 11:58pm On Feb 24, 2011
My effort on this is that i'm converting buhari's supporters to gej and we are matching on
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by honeric01(m): 12:16am On Feb 25, 2011
My younger ones are for Buhari, was able to convince them, alot of my church members are for Buhari too even though i have not even had time to really sit down to educate them.

My facebook friends call me Buhari campaign manager, i sent a particular thread from NL to all my FB friends and i have even contacted the official campaign team, signed up with them and they promised to call me anything they need my help in this part of Nigeria.

One question that i have been able to use in winning alot of people to Buhari still remains the secret and i am enjoying it.

When they can't answer the question, they are left with no choice but to listen to my sermon on Buhari's candidacy.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by semid4lyfe(m): 1:45am On Feb 25, 2011
Pity all this effort and investment in the Buhari "dream" won't come to naught
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 1:58am On Feb 25, 2011
honeric01:

My younger ones are for Buhari, was able to convince them, alot of my church members are for Buhari too even though i have not even had time to really sit down to educate them.

My facebook friends call me Buhari campaign manager, i sent a particular thread from NL to all my FB friends and i have even contacted the official campaign team, signed up with them and they promised to call me anything they need my help in this part of Nigeria.

One question that i have been able to use in winning alot of people to Buhari still remains the secret and i am enjoying it.

When they can't answer the question, they are left with no choice but to listen to my sermon on Buhari's candidacy.

Well done. Keep the flag flying.
I should meet with some friends later today, to discuss funds raising and how to get the funds sent to the appropriate quarters.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Genbuhari3: 9:28am On Feb 25, 2011
51 committed votes, 23 people donated. my parents in kogi are included. some people just give money just by reading the manifesto, no too much talk

we will get there!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by honeric01(m): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2011
^^^^

The fire needs to be maintained.

May the dreams of seeing Nigeria attain her rightful position in the world be achieved by those who truly seek it.

Amen!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 25, 2011
I wrote thsi article to express my anger at Buhari's campaign team: http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12676:candidate-buhari-and-citizen-taofeek&catid=7:opinion&Itemid=12

I have so far received a number of emails strategising on how to go about it. I ahve got mails from all parts of teh country, from US, all comparing notes with me on how to go about it.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Pataki: 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2011
Engaging my Nigerian friends on facebook chat, Skype, MSN and Yahoo in voting for Buhari.

Imagine a young friend of mine innocently said he was going to vote for Goodluck. By the time I laid the facts down for him, he was shocked and immediately stated he is for Buhari/Bakare all the way.

Let's keep the campaign going. I was not out for Buhari at first, but my friends on facebook changed my perspective and the campaign is marching on.

Nigeria shall be great again!!!

Buhari/Bakare 2011.

Lets go there!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by 9ijaMan: 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2011
Jarus:

I wrote thsi article to express my anger at Buhari's campaign team: http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12676:candidate-buhari-and-citizen-taofeek&catid=7:opinion&Itemid=12

I have so far received a number of emails strategising on how to go about it. I ahve got mails from all parts of teh country, from US, all comparing notes with me on how to go about it.
Great job there Jarus.
A few more friends all in diaspora have signed on to the BB train. They will be spreading the words and some of them promised to find means to send funds to the BB campaign team as soon as it's easy for them to do it directly online.

At at the end of today, I managed to coarse a friend to shed some coins. In total I have raised 80K Naira from friends.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by honeric01(m): 11:04pm On Feb 25, 2011
Jarus:

Keep it up, we will surely get there.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by honeric01(m): 11:16pm On Feb 25, 2011
BB UPDATES:
The Buhari/Bakare campaign timetable is out, spread the word:
1st March - North West - Kaduna
2nd March - North Central - Minna
3rd March - South West - Ibadan
4th March - South South - Benin
5th March - South East - Owerri
7th March - North East - tbd
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by pj5(f): 11:17pm On Feb 25, 2011
I have been able to talk to my friends in lagos and osogbo about the bb train and so far, its been successful.My immediate family and everyone at my place of work are all for buhari! I raise the discussion at every opportunity and talk to clients about it. Most peeps are really surprised at my newly acquired outspoken nature. All thanks to GEJ, his cluelessness woke me up!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by aljharem2: 11:18pm On Feb 25, 2011
most people in my local government are now buhari supporters!!!! up up up BB grin

good one jarus
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Wadeoye(m): 9:54am On Feb 26, 2011
At every opportunity, I talk about this ticket and it seems we will look very good come April.

Lets keep the pressure up guys.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2011
I had a discussion with a top guy in my area this morning. He normally comes to my flat to collect newspapers, reads and returns later in the day. Buhari is not popular yet in my area, so what I first did was to be writing VOTE BUHARI 2011 on my newspapers so that when he takes their newspaper to their area joint, where he normally takes it to and discusses politics amongst other things with his friends and other area youths, it will genertae curiosity and I can set the ground to talk to them later.

When he came thsi morning, I told him pointblank: 'bros, let's vote for Buhari o, he is teh only one that can bring teh change we need'. I started by asking him who he wanted to vote for but he didn't appear to have decided yet but he leaned towards Ribadu or GEJ. I tried convincing him that Buhari is the best we have out there, but he was already deep into these anti-North sentiments. He was saying we cannot vote for a northerner etc. I told him Buhari was different bla bla. I ahve not been able to win him yet but I know in subsequent talks he will see reason.

Being a popular area guy in the area, I asked him whether he can help organize boys and let me talk to them. He wanted money, but I told him money is not everything. At least, I'll organize soft drinks for them if the meeting can hold, but will not give them cash. We are still on it sha and my plan now is to do get him organize area boys for me, and I'm looking at next weekend.

I'm also planning doing leaflets to disabuse people's minds about this sentiments against Buhari
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2011
My latest status update on facebook reads: 'Pls like this post if you will vote Buhari-Bakare in 2011'. I'm using that to guage the popularity of BB among my FB friends, and in few hours tens of them have liked it. The interesting part is that majority of the people that 'like' the post are Southerners and Christians, meaning the north, Islamic perception of Buhari is gradually fading away.

I plan to put up another later by God's grace to read: 'Like this post if you will not vote for BB in April', to know my friends who are currently not for BB so taht I can talk to them.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by pj5(f): 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2011
^^^ I'm adopting ur strategy right now on my fb page. Will revert on statistic after!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 27, 2011
BUHARI/BAKARE 2011
Dear reader,
If asked to state Nigeria’s major problem today, your answer, if not exactly, will be close to CORRUPTION and INDISCIPLINE, all manifesting from our poor national attitude

Despite knowing our problem, we have refused to make attempt at solving it. We continue to lament about the state of our country. We have tried PDP since the return to civil rule in 1999, but the situation has not changed, if anything, things keep getting worse. In April, we shall be marching out to cast our votes for a new president, the person to pilot the affairs of this nation for the next four years.

In all honestly, respected reader, I do not see current President Goodluck Jonathan, leading us to the desired path of progress. The reasons are glaring, but I will highlight a few:

1, President Goodluck Jonathan is under ex-president Obasanjo’s control. We need an independent-minded president, and it is only in Buhari/Bakare we can get that.
2, President Goodluck Jonathan has proved to be another PDP politician, and you will agree with me that PDP is responsible for all failings of this country since 1999.
3, Security is key to the growth of any nation. President Jonathan has shown that he cannot guarantee the security of this country with the spate of bombings and uprisings in all parts of the country. We need a firm president. And in Buhari we can find that.
4, President Jonathan has committed too many gaffes(blunders) that clearly present him as somebody that is not a presidential material
5, It is common saying that ‘show me your friends and I’ll tell the type of person you are’. See Jonathan’s friends: Ibori, Alamieyeseigha, Obasanjo, Tony Anenih

It is for these reasons I invite you to join the team that holds the key to the change Nigeria needs, the team consisting of GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI and PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE contesting under the party CONGRESS FOR PROGRESSIVE CHANGE(CPC).

You may not have heard about Buhari/Bakare team or the party CPC in this area but you can put a call through any of your friend or family up North and they will tell you the popularity of this ticket/party. So don’t be discouraged, don’t say you have not heard about them. They are very popular. In fact the Buhari-Bakare team is the most popular and acceptable on the internet. You can go to websites like Nairaland.com, Nigeriavillagesquare.com, facebook etc and gauge the popularity of this team. So please don’t be discouraged, don’t say you have not heard about them on TV or radio or not seen their posters. Empty barrels make the loudest noise, you will agree with me.

Respected reader, Buhari and Bakare are two incorruptible men that will not steal Nigeria’s money. They don’t need it. Buhari was a former president, a former minister of petroleum, a former state governor, a former chairman of Petroluem Trust Fund yet he is not rich. He doesn’t have house in Abuja, he doesn’t have a petrol station not to talk of oil bloc. Despite all these opportunities to steal, Buhari did not. Is it now that he will steal? Haba.

Tunde Bakare is a top pastor. They may have fabricated all lies against Buhari as a Muslim fanatic, as an ethnic champion. They are all lies. Will a Muslim fanatic pick a pastor as deputy? I am a Yoruba man, I have never met Buhari, I did not collect 50 kobo from him, yet I am spending my money to campaign for him. And there are many people doing this for Buhari/Bakare. Dear reader, how many candidates can people do this for? It shows Buhari’s level of integrity and the level of trust placed on this man.

Respected reader, don’t be deceived by the misconception that Buhari is just another northerner, that northerners have ruled Nigeria for more than 30 years and they should let others rule too. It may interest you to know that the real northern leaders and elites like Atiku, IBB, Ciroma, etc are not supporting Buhari. It shows that these people, who we all know their records, are not for Buhari because he is not just another Hausa, he is a different breed.
Good leader can come from anywhere. Lamido Sanusi, a Hausa/Fulani man, is doing so well as CBN governor and Nigerians, whether Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo, like him, who says there are no good Hausa people? Buhari, like Sanusi, is a Fulani man that has the interest of Nigeria at heart.

It is also important to let my Igbo people know that only Buhari can give promise and we can believe in it.
It is for these reasons I appeal to you to come out on APRIL 9, 2011 and cast your vote for Buhari and Bakare(CPC). Tell your friends and family too about Buhari/Bakare. I assure you that, by the grace of God, Nigerians will not regret voting for these honest men.

Compiled by: Jarus, Ajah/VI, Lagos, 08061198625

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

SERAP Gives Ajimobi 7-Day Ultimatum To Repair Ayefele's Building / Gov. Wike Hands Over 32 Vehicles To Rivers House Of Assembly Members / What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.