Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,787 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

To DIY Or Not To DIY - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / To DIY Or Not To DIY (330 Views)

2008 Acura MDX : Another DIY Transformation Story / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Benz CIS To EFI Conversion (diy ECU "Brain Box") (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To DIY Or Not To DIY by dicksonadams(m): 5:03am On Sep 17, 2020
The world of DIY car repairs are a very interesting and rewarding one if well applied, it opens up the door for discovery and adventure.

In this thread I would be sharing my adventures as a DIY car ninja, some of the challenges I have tackled and the how to vidoes on YouTube that have helped, my aims are to guide and encourage other wanna be DIY.
Re: To DIY Or Not To DIY by dicksonadams(m): 5:13am On Sep 17, 2020
First you need to have the right mindset

Some believe they can while others believe they can't. the car system can be a bit complicated and overwhelming, like why should I bother when I have other things to worry about. Well the truth is a lot of the complications you think of in car system can be related to any other simpler system In our daily life. Though I have to admit, I belive studying mathematics in my undergraduate made me unafraid to take on any abstract topic.
Re: To DIY Or Not To DIY by dicksonadams(m): 5:25am On Sep 17, 2020
Have some end goals

These were mine

1, I saw car repairs as a way of sending my mind on vocation from the day to day hussle. Though I am lucky the two cars I have used are damn reliable a vibe and a 08 Honda Civic.

2, I hate not knowing about things that are I am interested in

3, I like to have my repair and car service done right. First was oil change (kazeem over filled and said oga no worry nothing go do your car), kazeem wanted remove thermostat connect fan directly, etc

1 Like

Re: To DIY Or Not To DIY by dicksonadams(m): 5:26am On Sep 17, 2020
To be continued

(1) (Reply)

Hire Purchase Car Available / How To Keep Your Car In Good Shape In The Midst Of Social Unrest / I Need A Car On Hire Purchase For Uber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.