Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians (7834 Views)

Lamorde’s ‘disappearance’ Stalls N1trn Probe – Senate / Nigeria Stalls Chad, Aims To Beat Boko Haram Before Election- YAHOO NEWS / Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by eghost247(m): 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2011
May they return safely
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Ezebu(m): 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2011
Libya has always been a dumping ground for nigerians being smuggled to Europe.Do they even have genuine nigerian
passports?
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by billyrenceo: 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2011
icc shld go 2 lybia
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Reference(m): 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2011
H$LBroker:

God help Bash Ali out of Libya and the rest of Nigerians over there, Bash Ali went to see Gadaffi about the money he needed to fight, which he can't get from Nigeria Government, but he wasn't lucky to get out before the problem started, pray for Bash Ali and others in Libya to get out of there safely

This is a joke right or am I seeing things through Ghadaffi's dark shades.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by tyson55(m): 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2011
I 'm really disappointed by Saif al islam rhetorics and actions. A graduate of London school of Economics. He was loved by the West and tauted to be a reformist. He was torn between pledging his loyalty to father and family on one hand, and the reformist that he was suppose to be. At the end when it was time for him to make a decision, he made the wrong one. A tragedy of shakesparian proportion.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by samcc30(m): 2:31pm On Feb 26, 2011
Cyborg2011:-
Very horrible stories coming out, many Nigerians were arrested by anti-government armies ("I can't called them protesters because they carry weapons"wink, claiming they were Merchinaries coming in to support Qaddafi, Libya is no more safe for now.

Serious killing is taking place, with biased stories from Aljazeera and the western media of course.

I believe some superpowers are behind these (Easiest way to change government in order to steal Libyan oil) proxy ips were released by google, twitter and facebook, U.S and EU countries (Especially Italy) working from the shadow with the anti-government leaders to support the revolt.

While Gaddafi is becoming mad day by day, I guess he underestimated superpowers' new global conspiracy to secure oils, being day by their economic is falling, when China taking over some of the us companies, on one hand Gaddafi's pekin is inviting the fact-finding committee from Eu and the world to come and witness exactly what's happening in the country not depend on excessive rumors and lie.

This generation's democracy is something else.

I managed to turned to Aljazeera with their so called "extended coverage" via LiveStation Software.

you people don started again, so na America say make him people remove am, so that them go get the opportunity to steal oil, while gadafi said na OSAMA BINLADIN behind it. when do you people stop calling name on this type of case
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by tyson55(m): 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2011
Gaddafi is a comfirm lunatic and mad man. Hope he is not trying to keep hold of the Nigerians to use as human shield. He has completely lost it and he and his family knows this. When asked yestarday by a journalist what options they have left, what Gaddafi son could utter was, that he has 3 options and i quote ' option 1, i 'll live and die in Libya, option 2, i 'll live and die in Libya, option3, i 'll live and die in Libya. The whole family has completely lost it and they are bent on doing anything to hang on to power.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by hardbody: 2:57pm On Feb 26, 2011
Lets take whatever stepS needs to be taken to bring our own out of Libya, if that engenders a war, lets send the northerner and the fulanis to og and execute the war and perhaps there will be some spaces in d Nigerian militar foLlowing the killings of Nigierian superior officers so that younger and brighter brains will be recruited into th Nigerian Armys
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2011
Very horrible stories coming out, many Nigerians were arrested by anti-government armies ("I can't called them protesters because they carry weapons"wink, claiming they were Merchinaries coming in to support Qaddafi, Libya is no more safe for now.

Serious killing is taking place, with biased stories from Aljazeera and the western media of course.

bbc or cnn reported some people saying 80 chadians were killed at their workplace in one day.

accused of being mercenaries.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Donmeca(m): 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2011
rasputinn:

Hey,some European countries have not been cleared to land at Tripoli airport.I think Nigerians(through the embassy)should co-ordinate and do what most other nationals are doing;that is drive to Egypt by road from where they can be flown out to Nigeria

I think this shud be d best option for them (Egypt or Tunisia) but given that blacks are targeted by protesters, it will be difficult for a mass movement of black people to be allowed through rebel controlled areas. Again, u'll be surprised that with d opening of European border with Libya, a whole lot of people will want to troupe to Spain, Italy and other EU countries as "refugees" instead of coming home. After all, most of dem never went to Libya to live but were using d country as a transit point to europe. Some are even human traffickers while others are victims of d trade.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Arosa(m): 4:57pm On Feb 26, 2011
anywho! me thinks Nigerian should be on RED alert. you never know what this mad goat "Gaddafi" have in stock. He might just decide to shot some rock missile to Nigerian. lipsrsealed angry
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by homerac7: 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2011
But i think Odein Ajumoghobia, d foreign affairs minister, only last week claimed dt d situation in Libya didnt yet warrant extraction of Nigerians. Unfortunately, at dt point in time, other countries had started mobilization. Now there is a glut in flix, suddenly our government realized its time. If d aircrafts wont get clearance how abt d option of deploying Aradu wt Ekun or Enyinmiri to go get dem back? Wont d ships get clearance too instead of just sitting idle at d naval docks?
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Righton: 5:11pm On Feb 26, 2011
rasputinn:

Hey,some European countries have not been cleared to land at Tripoli airport.I think Nigerians(through the embassy)should co-ordinate and do what most other nationals are doing;that is drive to Egypt by road from where they can be flown out to Nigeria
Another propaganda by a GEJ die-hard. Truth - GEJ has made efforts to evacuate Nigerians unlike what happened in the past.
But truth is other countries are evacuating their people. Nigeria may be having problems securing landing rights because Libya can confront us. How do you think Libya will dare deny Germany, China, France etc landing rights to bring their citizens home? A few tomahawk missiles at this time, with information supplied by people protesting his rule, and Gaddafi will be history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12552374
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 5:40pm On Feb 26, 2011
Righton:

Another propaganda by a GEJ die-hard. Truth - GEJ has made efforts to evacuate Nigerians unlike what happened in the past.
But truth is other countries are evacuating their people. Nigeria may be having problems securing landing rights because Libya can confront us. How do you think Libya will dare deny Germany, China, France etc landing rights to bring their citizens home? A few tomahawk missiles at this time, with information supplied by people protesting his rule, and Gaddafi will be history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12552374

You must either be highly deluded or high on some cheap weed
What's with this intolerance you and your kind exhibit on nairaland.Anybody who dares to differ from your POV is a propagandist on the payroll of one poilitician or the other.Whatever has being an admirer of Mr President got to do with the fact that your post was a bit misleading when you implied ALL European countries and those in the Americas have all been given clearance to land their planes and evacuate their citizens.

The link you posted even faulted you by confirming my position that as at then,some countries were yet to get landing clearnce for their planes even while they were on their way to Tripoli.See for yourself "So far, 213 out of 344 Canadians have said they want to leave Libya. Canada's foreign minister says nearly 200 Canadians have been, or are about to be, evacuated on planes and ships arranged by other nations.

A C-17 military transport plane with 156 seats was on its way to Italy from Germany and would fly to Tripoli as soon as Libyan authorities gave permission.

"
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2011
Other countries were also unable to land their planes. Americans and chinese were ferried, not flown, out of libya.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 5:44pm On Feb 26, 2011
Donmeca:

I think this shud be d best option for them (Egypt or Tunisia) but given that blacks are targeted by protesters, it will be difficult for a mass movement of black people to be allowed through rebel controlled areas. Again, u'll be surprised that with d opening of European border with Libya, a whole lot of people will want to troupe to Spain, Italy and other EU countries as "refugees" instead of coming home. After all, most of dem never went to Libya to live but were using d country as a transit point to europe. Some are even human traffickers while others are victims of d trade.

Hmmm,how sadly true
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 5:47pm On Feb 26, 2011
tpiah!:

Other countries were also unable to land their planes. Americans and chinese were ferried, not flown, out of libya.

Tell that to righton wrongon,he's the only one that's watching the events unfolding in Libya hence the only person qualified to make a point here
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2011

God help Bash Ali out of Libya and the rest of Nigerians over there, Bash Ali went to see Gadaffi about the money he needed to fight, which he can't get from Nigeria Government, but he wasn't lucky to get out before the problem started, pray for Bash Ali and others in Libya to get out of there safely

Reference:

This is a joke right or am I seeing things through Ghadaffi's dark shades.

See where desperation for money don go land Bash Alli,let the protesters not go and mistake him for one of the mercenaries hired by Gaddafi and harm him oo
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 6:13pm On Feb 26, 2011
[img][/img]

Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 26, 2011
Landing clearance could be a bargaining chip for Libyan government, especially for other countries voting position in the UN and the Security Council. Nigeria is currently one of the small members of UN Security Council and a Major in the AU, hence Gaddafi would like to trick and trade.

But this should have been expected, the Right thing is that Nigerian Foreign Ministry Should Make alternative arrangements to fly people to pick up points in Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, or that close Island country. This might mean hiring Libyan private plane operators to make several trips in and out. But we can only do this efficiently if we had a sufficiently grounded intelligentsia with presence in Lybia, who knows who to call without alerting the Libyan Government.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by monkeyleg: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2011
It is a difficult one, the evacuation should have been done much sooner. Nigeria now needs to either seek to get this clearance push through the UN or partner with another country on the ground.

I dont think we should totaly dismiss rightons point about Nigeria having a weaken stance globally, sometimes we are seen as the butt joke of all countries, even this morning on the radio, reference was made to Nigeria and fraud. We really need to start cleaningn up our act. Those actions we take for granted, always have a way of coming back to bite us.

I wish our numerous brother and sisters trapped in Libya a safe return.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by deols(f): 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2011
hardbody:

Lets take whatever stepS needs to be taken to bring our own out of Libya, if that engenders a war, lets send the northerner and the fulanis to og and execute the war and perhaps there will be some spaces in d Nigerian militar foLlowing the killings of Nigierian superior officers so that younger and brighter brains will be recruited into th Nigerian Armys

wat a dumb perspective, u sound like a reason Nigerians wld be denied clearance
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Beaf: 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2011
Gaddafi is indeed using foreign nationals as bargaining chips. I pray for the Nigerians govt is struggling to bring out, because that arsehole might try to extract the maximum he can from the FG at the expense of Nigerian lives. I wish we had nukes.

[size=14pt]Britain paid Libyan officials 'bribes' to allow rescue flights to land at Tripoli airport [/size]  
By Tim Shipman
Last updated at 6:39 PM on 26th February 2011
Comments (13) Add to My Stories
Britain has paid what one senior government figure called ‘bribes’ to Libyan officials in order to get British citizens home.

Officials were forced to hand over more than £11,000 of taxpayers’ money to Colonel Gaddafi’s government for every one of the rescue flights that have landed at Tripoli airport.

The cost to the public purse is already in excess of £70,000 and could rise to six figures as ministers race to pull out the remaining Britons before a full blown civil war erupts.

. . .

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360882/Libya-rescue-Britain-paid-officials-bribes-allow-flights-land-Tripoli-airport.html#ixzz1F5ywUrM1
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by violent(m): 8:46pm On Feb 26, 2011

I believe some superpowers are behind these (Easiest way to change government in order to steal Libyan oil) proxy ips were released by google, twitter and facebook, U.S and EU countries (Especially Italy) working from the shadow with the anti-government leaders to support the revolt.

While Gaddafi is becoming mad day by day, I guess he underestimated superpowers' new global conspiracy to secure oils, being day by their economic is falling, when China taking over some of the us companies, on one hand Gaddafi's pekin is inviting the fact-finding committee from Eu and the world to come and witness exactly what's happening in the country not depend on excessive rumors and lie.

This generation's democracy is something else.

I managed to turned to Aljazeera with their so called "extended coverage" via LiveStation Software.

blah blah blah blah blah bleat!

So the US and the western media are to blame for the thick smokes over Libyan skies and the mass graves of fallen Libyan Heroes. Superpowers my foot!. .I bet it was the same superpowers that made statements such as ''We will fight till the last bullet'',  . ''we will crush protesters house by house till Libya is purged"

It's because of rétards like this who have refused to think beyond their noses that the rest of the world will continue to make passive statements and watch while the dictator slaughters his own people.

Ghadaffi being a smart man will continue killing in thousands hoping that move will drive NATO's jets flying down his airspace, and that way, he'd be able to scream "they are after the oil, they are after the oil'' and he expects dunderheads like this to be sympathetic to his cause!

A C-17 military transport plane with 156 seats was on its way to Italy from Germany and would fly to Tripoli as soon as Libyan authorities gave permission

They really don't require a permission with a military transport plane.

GEJ should sail the NSS ARDU. . .we need to prove to em that we've got the cojones big enough to intimidate Libyan waters.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by debosky(m): 8:59pm On Feb 26, 2011
Beaf:

Gaddafi is indeed using foreign nationals as bargaining chips. I pray for the Nigerians govt is struggling to bring out, because that arsehole might try to extract the maximum he can from the FG at the expense of Nigerian lives. I wish we had nukes.

The Brits have nukes - how has it helped them evacuate their people?

He isn't interested in extracting anything from the FG - the more foreigners there are in Libya, the less likely any ideas of military interventions become.

If our ship could sail that far (something likely to take at least 5 days ) then we should do that and get to the port regardless and have our people move to a single location on the coast for rescue.

Sad to know that the greed of some of our fellow Africans has led to wanton killing of Africans in Libya.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by bechex(m): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2011
I actually tot I could predict Ghadaffi's actions in case of a revolution, I was right but never tot it would be dis bad, The guy is something else,
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by jjeeff(m): 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2011
Its ovious mr gadafi never had any respect or regard for nigera , i mean from what he said sometime on dividing  nigeria into north and south now he have his own country to divide ,,, serves him right, he better let my people go, tongue
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Pharoh: 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2011
They should just rescue everyone first before any action is taken on libya . . i heard sanctions is right on the way now from some western powers.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Righton: 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2011
rasputinn:

You must either be highly deluded or high on some cheap weed
What's with this intolerance you and your kind exhibit on nairaland.Anybody who dares to differ from your POV is a propagandist on the payroll of one poilitician or the other.

The link you posted even faulted you by confirming my position that as at then,some countries were yet to get landing clearnce for their planes even while they were on their way to Tripoli.See for yourself "So far, 213 out of 344 Canadians have said they want to leave Libya. Canada's foreign minister says nearly 200 Canadians have been, or are about to be, evacuated on planes and ships arranged by other nations.

A C-17 military transport plane with 156 seats was on its way to Italy from Germany and would fly to Tripoli as soon as Libyan authorities gave permission.

"
Read very well before criticising. I repeat, read. Countries are evacuating anyhow they can - land, sea, road - because the situation at the airport is chaotic. Read the full story - rather than single out a new airlifting operation being arranged. I can give you additional links
Your problem is that you want to give the impression that the rescue operation under Jonathan is no worse than those of other countries. That is true to the extent that the problem we have is not due to Jonathan - take coffee and read my post. I also said that unlike in the past Jonathan is mounting rescue operations
But you get jittery as soon as any hint of criticism comes Jonathan's way and you switch to defensive mode by reflex action. Jonathan is not perfect - he is human. Attempts to paint him otherwise is not really a good way to justify the pay for that job
Our problem with Libya is due to age-long rivalry and we don't really have the muscle to browbeat them.
Libya cannot deny landing rights to US, China & Co. The airport being under threat makes it difficult to evacuate people smoothly. The situation would have been clearer were Gadaffi in full control of Tripoli and the airport. He remembers what Regan did to him and he cannot toy with the US.
But Libya CAN and will DENY landing rights to planes from Nigeria due to our relative importance. What can we do really?
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by julioralph(m): 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2011
shocked shocked shocked only 2000 distressed nigerians in libya? hmmm i no fit laugh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governors Accuse NNPC Of Fraud In Payment Of Subsidy / Anchor Borrowers and CBN’s wasteful interventions / Insecurity: Hope Uzodinma Has Failed, Lacks Capacity To Govern - Imo PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.