Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,448 members, 7,830,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians (7835 Views)

Lamorde’s ‘disappearance’ Stalls N1trn Probe – Senate / Nigeria Stalls Chad, Aims To Beat Boko Haram Before Election- YAHOO NEWS / Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Righton: 9:52pm On Feb 26, 2011
Pharoh:

They should just rescue everyone first before any action is taken on libya . . i heard sanctions is right on the way now from some western powers.
Sorry. US announced sanctions as SOON as the plane carrying last Americans left Libyan airspace.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12435110
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Righton: 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2011
Sagamite:

The ones that cannot get into (c) or (d) can then either be extracted with special forces or get some local people to keep them underground by bribing till the end of things or till the special forces can go in with a good/high chance of success.

Special Forces? This is Nigeria. Britain & Co will have to provide the SF. Like you mentioned - what was their performance in the terrain of the Niger Delta, let alone Libya?
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Ecash1: 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2011
It is nice to see FG respond to the plights of Nigerians in Libya.
Gaddafi may soon witness the result of his one time bad advise to Nigeria.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Righton: 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2011
Gaddaffi is history. It will be difficult for him to outlive this. The west has never really liked him and now he has reacted in a criminal manner to protests. A lot of people have turned against him. They must work to bring his regime to and end, otherwise they too are finished.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by homerac7: 10:24pm On Feb 26, 2011
@ sagamite,

I'm only wondering if d alternative isnt viable, though i will expect d govt officials to b wiser. Of course, if d ships set sail since last week, they wld hav docked in Morocco, Spain or Malta by now. At least i'm sure of Spain being a friendly nation. Then, d nationals can be moved by local ferry operators to evac point. D nigerian embassy can always find ways of moving them from hintherland to safe coast. At least, so I propose it can work. But I still think d officials understand better.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by homerac7: 10:28pm On Feb 26, 2011
BTW, isnt it high time Nigerian govt stripped Quadaffi of d unmerited national honour late Abacha bestowed on him?
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Sagamite(m): 10:33pm On Feb 26, 2011
homerac7:

BTW, isnt it high time Nigerian govt stripped Quadaffi of d unmerited national honour late Abacha bestowed on him?

One reason why I can never accept any current Nigerian national award. They can shove it up their arse.

On the other hand, I will accept several international ones.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by marabout(m): 10:46pm On Feb 26, 2011
Careytommy,

You no tire. Yeyeh gadaffi closed his embassy and Nigerian diplomats still tanda in Libya. They have no shame. Maybe Naija gofment kept the embassy open to pander to a certain religious group in the naija. Which serious country will keep her embassy open when another country doesn't value you enough to maintain one in your country? Since they have no shame, Gadaffi for kukuma deport those yeye diplomats from Libya. Nonsense.
Gadaffi has always been a lunatic. I wonder if he doesn't eat babies for breakfast. grin grin grin grin
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Sagamite(m): 11:06pm On Feb 26, 2011
marabout:

Careytommy,

You no tire. Yeyeh gadaffi closed his embassy and Nigerian diplomats still tanda in Libya. They have no shame. Maybe Naija gofment kept the embassy open to pander to a certain religious group in the naija. Which serious country will keep her embassy open when another country doesn't value you enough to maintain one in your country? Since they have no shame, Gadaffi for kukuma deport those yeye diplomats from Libya. Nonsense.
Gadaffi has always been a lunatic. I wonder if he doesn't eat babies for breakfast. grin grin grin grin

So you are either saying:

a) When a country throws a tantrum and closes its embassy during a quibble, then the other country has to do the same?

b) If a country A does not have an embassy in country B, then country B should also not have one in A?

SMH!!! undecided
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by buckeye(m): 12:46am On Feb 27, 2011
The Nigerian emergency agency should have learnt from the USA and other countries why can they chatter a ferry just like the other countries did? US government had to use a ferry to evacuate its citizens to Malta, at least to make sure they are safe. Naija with its way of politics!
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 27, 2011
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by pleep(m): 6:50am On Feb 27, 2011
tpiah!:

Factbox: Libya evacuations by country

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110226/wl_nm/us_libya_protests_evacuation
Woah, China evacuated 12 thousand citizens? And they have about 24 thousand more to go. They are truly alot of Chinese people in this world.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Righton: 7:10am On Feb 27, 2011
marabout:

Careytommy,

The way we always assume that anything that has to do with the Arabs is influenced by religion is baffling! By the time 4 people say maybe, the 5th person's post will proceed as if the matter has been proved
A lot of Nigerians (of all religious persuasions) enter Libya illegally on their journey to Europe. These people are at the mercy of the Libyan authorities. The government need to have some channel of communication with the Libyans whenever these Nigerians get into trouble
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by mikelius(m): 8:58am On Feb 27, 2011
I don`t understand how can a guy like Gaddafi get to rule a coun try,
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by deols(f): 11:04am On Feb 27, 2011
mikelius:

by plotting a coup to topple a government
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 12:16pm On Feb 27, 2011
deols:

Simple
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2011
violent:

They really don't require a permission with a military transport plane.

Yea right,military planes DO require permission to enter the airspace of another SOVEREIGN nation

In any case,see the link to the report I posted http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12552374
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by marcus1234: 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2011
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Ayowumie(m): 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2011
How are the mighty falling!
I hope Gaddafi would do something honourable and bow out before he is referred to ICC.

mikelius:

deols:

But then, Gaddafi was Libya's Messiah when he toppled the govt of Libya 4 decades ago. He was a Saviour that was as respected as Hosni Mubarak. He is a patriotic citizen of his country. He is as proud of his country as any German is to Germany.
The only problem he has is the sit-tight syndrome that is typical of all African leaders (Remember our own obj?).
Honestly, I have not seen any African leader that is as powerful as Gaddafi in terms of his ability to withstand multiple international economic and political sanctions (am not trying to exonerate him of wrong doings nevertheless, i still admire him but for his sit-tight attitude and his inability to discipline his sons)
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Sunofgod(m): 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2011
A 'No Fly Zone' will soon be announced. There will be no more flights out of Libya.

Its best for any remaining Nigerian to make their way to Tunisia or Egypt.

For those that are broke - start your prayers now!
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2011
Bash Ali still in Libya

Read Friday punch 25-02-2011, for source, he confirmed he has not been eating for some days and hearing gun shot every time in his hotel room.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by ifele(m): 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2011
Get our people outta Libya the place is gonna explode.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by deols(f): 6:42pm On Feb 27, 2011
Ayowumie:

How are the mighty falling!
I hope Gaddafi would do something honourable and bow out before he is referred to ICC.
But then, Gaddafi was Libya's Messiah when he toppled the govt of Libya 4 decades ago. He was a Saviour that was as respected as Hosni Mubarak. He is a patriotic citizen of his country. He is as proud of his country as any German is to Germany.
The only problem he has is the sit-tight syndrome that is typical of all African leaders (Remember our own obj?).
Honestly, I have not seen any African leader that is as powerful as Gaddafi in terms of his ability to withstand multiple international economic and political sanctions (am not trying to exonerate him of wrong doings nevertheless, i still admire him but for his sit-tight attitude and his inability to discipline his sons)

That is one reason i didnt believe the revolution would get to Libya at first. He did to his country what many African leaders couldn't. But a fighter should always know when it is over.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by dinggle: 8:01pm On Feb 27, 2011
This is BS, how did the brits n Germans get their citizens out of LIBYA? so Nigerian military can not conduct an over night secret evacuation like other countries even if it means doing direct battle wit Ghadafi's force to evacuate our citizens its a shame, common Libya with less than 100,000 military. Can we see that Ghadaffi is over exaggerated. He is losing d cities to ppl with stones and sticks, this is the worst defeat of any leader.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Sagamite(m): 8:31pm On Feb 27, 2011
dinggle:

This is BS, how did the brits n Germans get their citizens out of LIBYA? so Nigerian military can not conduct an over night secret evacuation like other countries even if it means doing direct battle wit Ghadafi's force to evacuate our citizens its a shame, common Libya with less than 100,000 military. Can we see that Ghadaffi is over exaggerated. He is losing d cities to ppl with stones and sticks, this is the worst defeat of any leader.

Common Libya?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And what is Nigeria?

Not Common?

Super?

Syhiant of Africa?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

All this patriotic, self-delusional brainwash rubbish.

Speaking like if Nigeria is some hot shyt. undecided

Comparing yourself to UK, Germany and likes, don't wake up and know your place. It was ordinary untrained child-soldiers that thousands of your soldiers could not overcome, then you are having mouth about going to go and meet a professional army of adults.

Only 600 UK soldiers soughted it out in Sierra Leone in less than 2 months.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by pleep(m): 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2011
It's more urgent to get nigerians out of Libya than for other countries because of the anti-black xenophobia that is gripping the middle east becuz of ghadafis mercenaries. 70-80 black ppl were killed in turkey already.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Arosa(m): 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2011
Only 600 UK soldiers soughted it out in Sierra Leone in less than 2 months
Mumu talk angry
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Sagamite(m): 8:51pm On Feb 27, 2011
Arosa:

Mumu talk angry

Amsorry?
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 27, 2011
For the poster that says Nigerians are amongs the mercineries,i think its a wrong infomation,the countries mentioned are NIGER,SUDAN,and CHAD.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by tlops(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2011
gadaffi the terrror
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by mamagee3(f): 10:26pm On Feb 27, 2011
buckeye:

The Nigerian emergency agency should have learnt from the USA and other countries why can they chatter a ferry just like the other countries did? US government had to use a ferry to evacuate its citizens to Malta, at least to make sure they are safe. Naija with its way of politics!
That's probably because USA is closer to Libya than Nigeria, you reetard!

It has nothing to do with politics, it's about the distances between the two countries.
Re: Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation Of Nigerians by dinggle: 10:27pm On Feb 27, 2011
@sagamite
I cant understand ur point?? where u r coming from or going
It is open that Ghadafi is a white elephant, all his boasting and has been exposed, he cant deal with ppl using sticks n stones to fight him. Going to Libya to evacuate nigerians is no big deal, and special forces r not required!, mumu man!, u r talking about a leader without d loyalty of his police and military force. You r talking about a leader dependant on kangaroo militiamen from chad, sudan, Niger and illigal migrant, even Nigerian Mopol can deal with the situation. When Libya was a country with security Africans went in without visa or passport so what r u saying?? that Libyan forces r too  sophisticated for to be invaded?, Libyan military r naked, many of dem dont know how to shoot today's weapons because Ghadafi made it so. If d military was as solid as ur fake ass is thinking minus airpower, they shud have apprehended or killed Ghadafi and his sons by now!, but Ghadafi made dem to be cowards. he understood d dangers of keeping dem updated in the use of today's weapon. It is the ordinary ppl who spent their time watching James-bond movies that r taking the fight to him.

GEJ and his kangaroo team r chickens. why did it take them dis long to knw Nigerians should be evacuated?? where are the intelligence agencies that are suppose to follow events and make forecast?. GEJ thinks being a president is just a figure head issue and the country will run itself. He couldnt protect or evacuate christians from Jos & Maiduguri during recent killings. And he is spilling BS talking about eradicating tribalism.

There is no reason why an order should not be given to all Nigerian embassy in the middleast to be on high alert!
And why Nigerians in Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, morocco, Algeria and Tunisia should not be brought back home immediately!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

100 Days of Promising Less and Delivering More By Reuben Abati / Governors Accuse NNPC Of Fraud In Payment Of Subsidy / Oby Ezekwesili’s Emotional Speech As She Takes A Bow From Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.